Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brute CJ7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brute CJ7?

    I was wondering if anyone has every done a Brute CJ7? I know all the pieces of a TJ kit wont work for a CJ7.

    Anyone that knows these kits well know what would work and what wouldn't?

    Most important would be bed fit up, cab closeout and hard top.

  • #2
    Something like this is probably your best option for a CJ-style brute.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well I guess starting with a TJ is probably the way to go. Better frame, electronics, axles, suspension more aftermarket support.

      I hate the fact that no one does anything for CJ7's anymore.

      Comment


      • #4
        The top definately won't line up, the windshield slope between the CJ and the TJ are quite a bit different. GR8 tops might have a top that comes close, but not positive. The bed seems that it would dimensionally work, but all of the mounts were designed around the TJ frame, and as you said the TJ frame is supposed to be much better. If you want CJ style on a brute, take a look at Jscherbs work with the CJ front clip on a TJ.

        http://forum.aev-conversions.com/sho...?t=404&page=23
        03 TJ Rubicon

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JPR4LFE View Post
          The top definately won't line up, the windshield slope between the CJ and the TJ are quite a bit different. GR8 tops might have a top that comes close, but not positive. The bed seems that it would dimensionally work, but all of the mounts were designed around the TJ frame, and as you said the TJ frame is supposed to be much better. If you want CJ style on a brute, take a look at Jscherbs work with the CJ front clip on a TJ.

          http://forum.aev-conversions.com/sho...?t=404&page=23
          Nobody does anything for CJ's any more because the TJ is relatively cheap now and much better. Jeff's work linked above is awesome, but not terribly relevant other than to pipe in and say "me too!" on the fact that you'd buy it if it were available for sale somewhere, and hope someone with the means to produce it is watching and will buy it from Jeff and produce it as a commercial product. Because he don't sell it.

          Me, I'd build a TJ that looked like a CJ in an instant if the stuff was available. No top, no doors, and a custom CJ-style roll bar. CJ grill and rear tailgate, Jeff's fenders made for TJ flares, and his hood. *Just* enough lift for some fat 33's, no spare. Steel wheels. Only hard choice for me would be the color.

          Next up when that was done, I'd build an LJ with Jeff's hood and fenders, CJ grill, and his modular hard top. Of course, that top isn't on the market yet, either...*sigh*


          --Donnie

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by djb_rh View Post
            Next up when that was done, I'd build an LJ with Jeff's hood and fenders, CJ grill, and his modular hard top. Of course, that top isn't on the market yet, either...*sigh*
            THIS.
            I really like that safari top. Once people started seeing them out there, I suspect others will want them, and you'll see other manufacturers creating similar products. The whole hard-top market is under developed, and that's a shame, because the soft top is done about 100 different ways.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well I do own a TJ Rubicon and I agree it is a better built vehicle (I dont feel the same way about the JK) there is still a huge following for CJ's. I consider the CJ7 to be like the first generation Camaro's. They will never build one that looks better. AMC got alot of things right on the CJ7. The CJ will never go away. I am not sure I can say the same about the TJ.


              Originally posted by djb_rh View Post
              Nobody does anything for CJ's any more because the TJ is relatively cheap now and much better. Jeff's work linked above is awesome, but not terribly relevant other than to pipe in and say "me too!" on the fact that you'd buy it if it were available for sale somewhere, and hope someone with the means to produce it is watching and will buy it from Jeff and produce it as a commercial product. Because he don't sell it.

              Me, I'd build a TJ that looked like a CJ in an instant if the stuff was available. No top, no doors, and a custom CJ-style roll bar. CJ grill and rear tailgate, Jeff's fenders made for TJ flares, and his hood. *Just* enough lift for some fat 33's, no spare. Steel wheels. Only hard choice for me would be the color.

              Next up when that was done, I'd build an LJ with Jeff's hood and fenders, CJ grill, and his modular hard top. Of course, that top isn't on the market yet, either...*sigh*


              --Donnie

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LetchcoreCJ7 View Post
                Well I guess starting with a TJ is probably the way to go. Better frame, electronics, axles, suspension more aftermarket support.
                Agreed .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jscherb View Post
                  Agreed .
                  WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME?!?!

                  Damn, that looks good.


                  --Donnie

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X