TJ Brute License Plate Bracket Rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Brute License Plate Bracket Rant

OK I don't like to complain about something rather trivial, but this burned my butt. I flew into northern California to pick up my new brute yesterday, when I walked into the shop the first thing I noticed was no license plate on the tailgate. I asked the builder why and he stated that was one of the last minute items and they didn't realize until right then that there was no bracket in the Brute kit. OK no biggie, we zip tied it to the bumper and I completed a ticket free 9 hour drive south to San Diego last night. So I call AEV today trying to get them to send me one and the reply was something to the effect of "no longer produced due to lack of demand" and I needed to buy one from Quadratec. I'd rather not not throw names around but I nicely tried to explain that I paid 9K for the kit and it would have been nice to know ahead of time that there were no bracket in the kit to match the holes already in the tailgate and maybe a quadratec part number would be nice since they don't have a store front in San Diego so now I have to measure the holes and get them to compare them to find a suitable replacement. The only info I could find: http://forum.aev-conversions.com/sho...+plate+bracket

I know it's trivial and I would have kept my mouth shut and found a different solution if there wasn't already three holes in my tailgate from the manufacturer

BTW if anyone knows where I can source one or a link to Quadratecs version would be great!!!

-Will

post pictures or it never happened!

welcome to the world of custom high performance modified Jeeps...don't sweat it about complaining here b/c that is what the internet is for! I will keep my eyes peeled for you

Comment

Originally posted by Nanocer View Post
      OK I don't like to complain about something rather trivial, but this burned my butt. I flew into northern California to pick up my new brute yesterday, when I walked into the shop the first thing I noticed was no license plate on the tailgate. I asked the builder why and he stated that was one of the last minute items and they didn't realize until right then that there was no bracket in the Brute kit. OK no biggie, we zip tied it to the bumper and I completed a ticket free 9 hour drive south to San Diego last night. So I call AEV today trying to get them to send me one and the reply was something to the effect of "no longer produced due to lack of demand" and I needed to buy one from Quadratec. I'd rather not not throw names around but I nicely tried to explain that I paid 9K for the kit and it would have been nice to know ahead of time that there were no bracket in the kit to match the holes already in the tailgate and maybe a quadratec part number would be nice since they don't have a store front in San Diego so now I have to measure the holes and get them to compare them to find a suitable replacement. The only info I could find: http://forum.aev-conversions.com/sho...+plate+bracket

I know it's trivial and I would have kept my mouth shut and found a different solution if there wasn't already three holes in my tailgate from the manufacturer

BTW if anyone knows where I can source one or a link to Quadratecs version would be great!!!

-Will
      So let me get this right... You paid a shop that is capable of converting your Jeep into a Brute but somehow they don't have the capability to fabricate a simple license plate bracket? One would think if a shop has the knowledge and ability to cut a Jeep in half and put it all back together they wouldn't over look something this simple. Hmmm....

Comment

plate bracket
        Last edited by lucky73; 08-11-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I just got off the phone with quadratec, I had them look up my account to get the plate bracket information and they are out of stock and the parts is discontinued. I went through the same thing earlier this year and they only had four left in stock, wish I would have just bought the rest of them.

Looks like your best option will be to have one made.

Comment

Originally posted by 2trackjeeper View Post
            So let me get this right... You paid a shop that is capable of converting your Jeep into a Brute but somehow they don't have the capability to fabricate a simple license plate bracket? One would think if a shop has the knowledge and ability to cut a Jeep in half and put it all back together they wouldn't over look something this simple. Hmmm....
            The builder didn't overlook anything, AEV didn't put one in the kit. I'm not sure how you equate that to an oversight on the builders part. Did you miss the part where I flew in to pick the Jeep up (from Wisconsin BTW) and I had a 9hr drive ahead of me??? Was I supposed to rearrange my schedule and pay for a hotel while the builder manufactured something the manufacturer neglected to put in the kit???

-Will

Comment

Originally posted by lucky73 View Post
              post pictures or it never happened!

welcome to the world of custom high performance modified Jeeps...don't sweat it about complaining here b/c that is what the internet is for! I will keep my eyes peeled for you

Joe here's your proof

-Will
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mnsrt View Post
                I just got off the phone with quadratec, I had them look up my account to get the plate bracket information and they are out of stock and the parts is discontinued. I went through the same thing earlier this year and they only had four left in stock, wish I would have just bought the rest of them.

Looks like your best option will be to have one made.
                Thanks Adam!!! If I don't hear of one collecting dust on a shelf in the next few day's I'll order the ORO one from Quadratec to steal the LED light and have one manufactured locally.

-Will
                Last edited by Nanocer; 05-09-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

plate bracket
                  Keep rubbing it in Lucky!!! I should have stopped off in San Francisco and stole yours!!!

-Will

Comment

I heard Ben Hendricks has a stock pile of these plate frames

Jason
                    Jason De Monto
                    Trail Concepts
                    480-788-7245
                    2015 Jeep Rubicon
                    Baja Yellow
                    Dual Sport 106

Comment

Can't find the picture but there is one with the rear plate mounted without a bracket and just secured to the rear gate with no light (my light don't work).

Comment

Can't find the picture but there is one with the rear plate mounted without a bracket and just secured to the rear gate with no light (my light don't work).

I didn't mount mine on the tailgate. I used the only the body underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Chris Madison
                        General Manager
                        Cross Chrysler Jeep
                        Kentucky's #1 Jeep Dealer
                        502-693-5779 Cell
                        502-459-9900 Ext. 204
                        1-800-783-6444
                        cmadison@crossmtrs.com
                        www.CrossJeep.com
                        2005 Highline Rubicon Brute on 37's
                        2006 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon
                        1970 VW Bus Sold
                        1990 911 964 Carrera 4 Coupe Sold
                        2002 AEV 112 Sold
                        2015 Tank JKUR w/dealer installed JK-350 Sold
                        2006 Highline LJ 37's Sold
                        2005 Highline LJ 37's Dynatrac Sold

Comment

News to me. I'll see if I can't find one.

dh
                          2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                          2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                          2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                          2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

I'm glad to hear that!!! Thanks Dave!

-Will

Comment

Can't promise, but let me have a look around on Monday.

dh
                              2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                              2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                              2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                              2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Working...
                              X