Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio will hopefully deliver it to us with a diesel

Comment

We will see what it offers and I will decide if I will get one then or not. At the rate the current Wrangler pricing has gone since I got mine in 2008 an average Rubi when the new ones come out could well be above $50K, and the pickup version above $55K, and I am not sure if I will be able to afford one.
      Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
      4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

You guys seem to think Jeep is going to renege on today's announcement? I'm actually worried that BDC owners are now going to be driving 120k versions of Jeep's 40k offering. Sucks imho.

Comment

Toyota sold 180k Tacoma's in 2015 (domestic total automobile sales were all time high 17.5 Million) and will be fun to see if Jeep can steal some market share from them with the pickup in 2017 - though they may steal from Dodge truck sales too. Rooting for the home team here...

Jeep sold around 200k Wranglers in 2015 domestically.
          Last edited by lucky73; 01-13-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_blessing View Post
            You guys seem to think Jeep is going to renege on today's announcement? I'm actually worried that BDC owners are now going to be driving 120k versions of Jeep's 40k offering. Sucks imho.
            Since it will be the new platform I don't see how it would affect the BDC pricing that much. For comparison AEV started with TJ expansions, and even though Jeep eventually made the LJ the AEV variant still commands a premium, and I woudl assume the BDC would be in the same situation when this happens.
            Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
            4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Anything AEV can share about new Jeep pickup ? With your tight relationship with FCA, one would think you would be involved in some way ?

I had previously heard they were staying away from a 4 door, so as not to compete with Ram, but a camouflaged shot just got released showing one. ??

Will AEV still build the Brute ? Is AEV building the pickup for Jeep or supplying parts ??

At least this is good inspiration for me to finish my Brute !
              2016 Ram 2500 6.4L Crew-Longhorn
              2005 TJ Brute Project-ongoing....
              2005 AEV Wrangler LJ Rubi
              2012 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Longhorn- Sold
              2008 Jeep JK 4 Door - Sold
              2006 Avalanche 2500-Sold
              2002 Tahoe Z-71-Totalled
              1998 Ram 2500-sold
              1993 YJ w/LT-1-Sold
              1989 Cherokee-sold
              1987 Cherokee-sold
              1976 Ford Gran Torino-sold
              1962 Jeep FC-150 - sold

Comment

test mule. This might be happening. Cool

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/foru...up-Truck-Spied!
                2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

wow, that is a spy shot worth some money. I wonder how long it is bumper to bumper
                  Last edited by lucky73; 07-21-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

If only the towing/GVWR capacity will be high enough to make it usable. I sure hope that fleetside bed is only for testing. Would like to see something close to the BDC bed.
                    2012 JKUR 3.5"SC 37s etc
                    2002 BMW E46 M3 (in need of LSX power)

Comment

Looks suspiciously like a ram pickup bed, tailgate, and taillight cutouts.....
                      2016 Ram 2500 6.4L Crew-Longhorn
                      2005 TJ Brute Project-ongoing....
                      2005 AEV Wrangler LJ Rubi
                      2012 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Longhorn- Sold
                      2008 Jeep JK 4 Door - Sold
                      2006 Avalanche 2500-Sold
                      2002 Tahoe Z-71-Totalled
                      1998 Ram 2500-sold
                      1993 YJ w/LT-1-Sold
                      1989 Cherokee-sold
                      1987 Cherokee-sold
                      1976 Ford Gran Torino-sold
                      1962 Jeep FC-150 - sold

Comment

Its the real deal looks a lot like a Brute I believe the name used will be Scrambler. The bed is a Ram bed downsized for testing as all these mules are modified Jk's. All the interior shots have full on Jk interiors and door panels so its will be the same size as the JK.

What we know:

Aluminum hood/fenders
                        8 speed trans
                        Radius arm front suspension
                        Lighter frame
                        Jason De Monto
                        Trail Concepts
                        480-788-7245
                        2015 Jeep Rubicon
                        Baja Yellow
                        Dual Sport 106

Comment

If AEV knew anything they couldn't share it. From the sources I know once FCA bought Jeep many of the contacts that AEV had inside of Jeep left (and some of them now work for AEV).

AEV is tight lipped enough about their own product releases that I am sure you won't hear anything one way or another on a Jeep product from them.
                          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Assuming Jeep moves forward with a 4-door pickup, seems it would be a Golden opportunity for AEV to produce a single-cab pickup

Comment

anyone like this look? not my photoshopping
                              Last edited by lucky73; 08-11-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky73 View Post
                                anyone like this look? not my photoshopping
                                Other then the off Photoshop, I think it looks kind of Awesome. Reminds me of the TJ Brute a little

Comment

Working...
                                X