No announcement yet.

Jeep to make pickup ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been on the fence on purchasing a brute but I do really wonder what will happen to brute prices if Jeep comes out with a wrangler based truck that is around 35-40k; especially with a diesel and manual transmission.

Is it a good time to buy a brute or wait for the jeep truck? I have seen the spy pics of the JL/JT and it looks similar to the JK. Plus the JT will likely have a much higher tow rating than the brute. I am just worried that the final JT styling will not be that appealing plus first year models are always problematic; where as the Brute is based on a super reliable platform. Decisions

Comment

They've pushed back the release until 2020 (per Jeep head Mike Maloney), so still a ways away before we will know. Doubtful it will really impact brutes since they're limited edition and have a unique look the Jeep connoisseurs will always love.

Look at TJ brutes... don't seem to be going down

Comment

"brute prices if Jeep comes out with a wrangler based truck that is around 35-40k; especially with a diesel and manual transmission."

The Jeep truck with a manual in rubicon trim will be significantly more than $40k

Comment

Just saw this on wrangler forum
          Attached Files

Comment

I know those pics are just renderings, but I don't see a parting line for the top. I hope they make it so the top can be removable. Why make a "wrangler" truck if you can't remove the top and doors? If the top and doors don't come off, it's just another truck with square sheet metal and round headlights.

Comment

On one of the JL/JT rumor sites someone claimed that JEEP purchased AEV's tooling and designs for the Brute and the JT will be based on a variant of those soft tools. Not sure if was BS or not but kind of interesting.

Comment

2020 release date just killed it for me; I always wanted a Power Wagon anyway.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X