J8 VS the J7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J8 VS the J7

As I am patiently waiting on pictures from Moab, Mopar has apparently shown off the J7. From what I have read, it is a stripped-down Rubicon with no-frills such as carpet, radio, nice wheels, and the like.

Additionally, it has what appears to be the J8 tailgate, "helicopter" hooks, and front bumper.

I am sure the frame is not the same as the HD truck J8 frame but who can add some insight as to if this will be a production Jeep for less $$ or a one off for the safari?
    Certified Trainer - International 4-Wheel Drive Trainers' Association www.I4WDTA.org

2014 JKU Sport

"I would rather be lost in the woods than found in the city"

This is just a concept vehicle to show you what could be done. It will more than likely never be produced.
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

What he said
      "Dont wish for it,work for it."
      2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Its a great concept, but the real issue, is that most people would see it as a lower cost option, but in reality there wasn't any real cost savings, in fact with the J8 parts it would be more expensive to make. I wouldn't hold out for a J7, but maybe it does hint at a de-contented wrangler someday.

dh
        2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
        2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
        2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
        2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

I have a cousin...and I know spam when I see it...
          Crew Chief Ultra 4 4500 Class
          4540 Motorsports

Comment

Well i am a mechanic by profession and i drive both these model and both are good in work.But somewhere J7 is not good like in mileage with J8.So i prefer J8 because of it good mileage and also advanced than J7

Comment

Working...
            X