Picture of the J8 Bed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of the J8 Bed

Does anybody have a good picture of the pickup version J8 bed? Preferably looking down in, but at least one that would give me a good idea of the changes from a regular J8/JK. IE, is there an actual bed interior laid down in there, or did they just pull out the seats and carpet?

From the OK4WD (NJ) open house in 2009:

The view is from looking in the rear softop window. The large black box is one of two for the batteries.
    Certified Trainer - International 4-Wheel Drive Trainers' Association www.I4WDTA.org

2014 JKU Sport

"I would rather be lost in the woods than found in the city"

Comment

Huh, looks like the only thing you'd need to do to make a factory JK a truck would just be to rip out the carpet, seats, brackets and some plastic moulding, grind down any bolt points and Bondo in the holes.

I wonder how easy it'd be to sell back the good parts from the back seats of a JK...

Also, I wonder if a DIY J8-style conversion kit for the Unlimited would be worth it? Half hardtop, cab-only rollcage, closeout panels for the back and the rear doors, tailgate and a set of precut plugs for any holes in the bed...definitely not a bolt-on project, but it'd probably just as doable as building a Brute, and a bit cheaper too.

Comment

availability?

Hello, At the risk of looking stupid. Is the j-8 truck available? Can I buy one put the motor, whatever it needs in it. Take delivery go put tags on it, drive it home? I di download the form for a waiting list about 3 months ago. Due to family issuses Im looking at this project again. I hope someone who is understanding of my lack of knowleadge will kindly reply Maybe I should just make a phone call. Thanks for any usable info Timothy

Comment

No such thing (normally!) as a stupid question, I think you are not the only one wondering about the lack of any J8 news.
          If AEV knows, they aren't yet disclosing and Chrysler may not know yet as well.

With the unrest in Egypt, it may well be time to also assemble the J8 here and boost production at Toledo,...or provide the USA made J8 parts to AEV in greater numbers and get AEV moving on this!
          I'm not sure what is going on and the silence is deafening...and Jeep may have different plans now with Fiat calling the shots and to further complicate things, there is a new pickup version of the Wrangler coming out "soon".
          Crew Chief Ultra 4 4500 Class
          4540 Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
            With the unrest in Egypt, it may well be time to also assemble the J8 here and boost production at Toledo
            Hey, you and I both know they have better things to assemble at Toledo.

Now, at AEV's new, expanded facility, on the other hand...but with official Jeep badging and none of this 'kit car' stuff...

Comment

JK8 Independence

It looks like Mopar is offering their own pickup conversion called the JK8 Independence. It utilizes some J8 parts and will be available in July. http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/07/j...nce-truck-kit/

Given how aggressive Chrysler is becoming, I wouldn't doubt that the delay in offering the J8 to AEV means they aim to market it themselves through their Mopar division.

Comment

You can buy a RAM-4500 out the door for less than what a JK-8 Independence will cost you . . . they have priced just right that it won't sell worth a darn and have an excuess "See no demand for a Jeep truck"

Also go ask your local jeep dealership the 3 i have been to still to date know NOTHING about any such kit its a setup planned failure

Just more Chrysler/Fiat-Jeep hosery
                AM-G
                '81 AM-General AM715a2 SWB, Isuzu 5.7L I6,5spd-DD, NP-Tcase, D70/D70x5.13s, and 9.00-16s.
                '83 AM-General AM720a2 LWB, Isuzu 5.7L I6,5spd-DD, NP-Tcase, D70/D70x4.56s, and 9.00-16s.
                '88 AM-Jeep MJ/Comanche, AMC-150 I4, 5spd-OD, AMC-20x4.10s, and 235/75R15C's.

Isuzu 5.7L I6 diesel used in AM General A2 series mil-spec FSJs:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1wqXhidC10&feature=plcp

Comment

J8 and JK8 are NOT the same thing. Obvious troll is obvious
                  2014 Mercedes Benz E550 4Matic - Gloss White
                  2013 BMW 328i M-Sport with Sport Automatic - Estoril Blue II
                  2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Gloss Black SOLD
                  2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon MW3 - SOLD
                  2010 Mercedes E550 Coupe (Sold)
                  2010 Infiniti FX35 AWD Sport Pkg (Sold)
                  2008 Subaru WRX STI (Sold) - 303whp/313tq
                  2006 MINI Cooper S (Sold) - 240whp/202tq
                  2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon (Sold)
                  2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport (Sold)
                  2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport (Sold)
                  1991 Honda CRX Si (Sold)

Comment

I in no way said they were the same, I simply commented in reference to the post above mine.
                    About the "JK-8 coming in july '11" . . . I simply stated none of the 3 local Jeep dealerships know a thing about this JK-8 kit truck. So apparently NOT every Jeep dealer knows about it as stated in the link posted above !

AM-G
                    '81 AM-General AM715a2 SWB, Isuzu 5.7L I6,5spd-DD, NP-Tcase, D70/D70x5.13s, and 9.00-16s.
                    '83 AM-General AM720a2 LWB, Isuzu 5.7L I6,5spd-DD, NP-Tcase, D70/D70x4.56s, and 9.00-16s.
                    '88 AM-Jeep MJ/Comanche, AMC-150 I4, 5spd-OD, AMC-20x4.10s, and 235/75R15C's.

Isuzu 5.7L I6 diesel used in AM General A2 series mil-spec FSJs:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1wqXhidC10&feature=plcp

Comment

Nice to see its pictures and i had also checked your submitted link.These are very informative for the J8. It really a very lovely model.I love to drive it.Other than this its machinery is of good material.

Comment

Working...
                      X