No announcement yet.

Picking up my J8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for sharing these pix and videos, cool Jeeps. love that diesel sound!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Gardner View Post
      Hay Dan! Your Jeep is the 3rd in this video.

http://s85.photobucket.com/user/mike...xdivc.mp4.html
      Thanks Mike! I hadn't seen that video in the bigger size!

Such an awesome day out there, I look forward to doing it again, sometime down the road.

-Dan
      Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
      --
      Follow: Facebook / YouTube
      --
      WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

• just noticed the j8 sport bar / roll bar has the rounded bend of a 2-door model not the slanted bend of a JKUR for all of you hobbyists thinking about recreating one.
        Last edited by lucky73; 08-11-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky73 View Post
          just noticed the j8 sport bar / roll bar has the rounded bend of a 2-door model not the slanted bend of a JKUR for all of you hobbyists thinking about recreating one.
          Mine is fairly similar, though the cross bar is right at the very back, on the peak of the curves to keep it out of the way as much as possible.

It's a great novelty to stand up and walk around in the back when the roof is popped open.

-Dan
          Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
          --
          Follow: Facebook / YouTube
          --
          WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

• Mike, Since you hijacked my thread. I expect you to get me a softop for mine. There has to be one laying around lol.

p.s it was great talking with you the other day
            4 Wheel Station
            AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia
            Address: 4392 Al Urubah Branch Rd, Ar Raid, Riyadh
            Phone: 0096654 504 5066

Comment

• Oh and my J8 is now sitting on beadlocked 37s
              4 Wheel Station
              AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia

Comment

• Originally posted by Lo2aY View Post
                Oh and my J8 is now sitting on beadlocked 37s
                well we would all like to see this j8 on 37s!

Comment

• Hey man I'm not the only one. Besides you own a J8 and I only have a badge. Lol we need to talk soon. I sent you a message.

A soft top? Hummmmm
                  1945 Willys-Overland CJ-2A Resto-Build
                  1995 YJ 4.0, 4.5 inches Pintler Bead locks GenRight full build

http://www.youtube.com/user/mikeg576?feature=mhee

Comment

• 2016 JKUR w/ modified JK8 kit (but it is not a mopar jk8 kit). Will run with j8 style softtop. Built by RUBITRUX in Boone, NC (ask for Jesse).

jk8 fun video
                    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHYMYOhA...jeepbeef&hl=en

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky73 View Post
                      white one.
                      Looks to me like a JK8 not a J8
                      4 Wheel Station
                      AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia

Comment

• I'm guessing a JKL
                        2012 JKUR 3.5"SC 37s etc
                        2002 BMW E46 M3 (in need of LSX power)

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/gr8tops/

not a j8 but maybe a cousin to it. minus the diesel, bumpers, rear tail gate, roll bar, wheels/tires, accessories like A/C, leaf springs, etc...

Comment

• Nicely Done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            2014 JKURX in Granite, 4.10 Gears, AEV 3.5sc Lift, Geo Brackets, AEV Front Bumper, Black Savegre Wheels, 35" BFG KM2s, AEV Tire Carrier & Back-up Camera, AEV Floor Liners, AEV Diff Covers & Skid Plate, AEV Rear Corner Guards, Spod, Truck-Lites, KC 6" Pro-Sport LED Driving Lights, KC LED Cubes, KC LED Fog Lights, LED Tail Lights, ARB On-Board Air, Safari Straps, Mopar Insulated Headliner, Rampage Grill Guard, JKS Adj Front Track Bar, Northridge Grade-8 Bolt Kit, AFE Y-Pipe, Barracade Rock Rails

Comment

• This is one of the most pratical conversions I've seen. Tons of storage space and functionality and it looks factory. I bet it rides better than a j8! Pretty much fills in all the issues I have with my LJ; more space, better ride, more aftermarket support.

Comment

• Since the j8 isn't available to consumers we have to innovate a bit. The back seat, which rarely gets used but is always in the way of loading boards and dirty mtb bikes, is now out of the way and there is a nice flat floor to gunk up with dirt and gear. This kit does not require removal of side panels and all the rivets/welds so the structure is still stock.

took some ideas from here too:
                                http://petrolicious.com/freedom-on-f...s-for-the-wild
                                Last edited by lucky73; 07-16-2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X