Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
    Is your J8 ever coming to the states?
    Yes! I will. I plan on driving it in Moab and probably tour the US with it.

Originally posted by Grecy View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info on your J8.

Purely out of curiosity, can you tell me the form of the VIN number?
    Maybe you could post it here and replace the last 3 digits with XXX
    (The last three actually identify your specific vehicle - everything before that identifies the manufacturer, etc.)

I'm curious to see if it's clearly identified differently than a regular JK.

Thanks,
    -Dan
    It is very different. I don't have it with me. But it starts with DA. And there's no letter J in the middle if i remember correctly. I don't have the vin on me. But like i said its longer then the JK vin
    4 Wheel Station
    AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia
    Address: 4392 Al Urubah Branch Rd, Ar Raid, Riyadh
    Phone: 0096654 504 5066

Comment

update

give us an update... did you ever find a top for this? did you end up changing any thing?
      2013 JKUR, 3.5"sc lift., Silver Pintlers, 35" Km2s, Front and rear bumpers, TF tire carrier, Rigid lights, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by MGIMELLI View Post
        give us an update... did you ever find a top for this? did you end up changing any thing?
        ARB lockers are on their way. Dynatrac Pro-steer balljoints are also on their way.

I have a contact thats willing to ship me a top from overseas. fingers crossed! this might work out. after that, i'll add the AC lines and should be getting some cold air.

Long run, i'll adding a second fuel tank from long range. and modifying the exhaust.

I'm also in talks about getting another one, a 5 door variant. if we do work out the deal, then, the 3 door will be modified heavily.

You can buy a J8. "Unarmed obviously). It must be imported. and you will need to figure out a way to register it.

I know of 3 Land Cruisers 76, 70 and another 70 running around in the US with US plates on them. those vehicles are not even legal in the US. unlike a J8, thats actually a beefed up american made JK. If you have the will, you will find a way.
        4 Wheel Station
        AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia

Comment

It also depends on what state you're in as to how *legal* you can be with registering it.

Here in NC I'm not sure there's any way to do it LEGALLY. They won't do it as a "kit car" because the chassis is something from a known manufacturer but not available here (they don't care how "close" it is...if it doesn't have a US VIN they know there's a reason why and that's all they need to know).

The only way *I* know of to make it happen would be to buy a wrecked JK and swap the VIN. And that's not *legal*.

A better method would simply be to get someone who lives in a state like Georgia to do the registering for you and then sell it to you and transfer it. There *usually* aren't any issues with that...

--Donnie

Comment

Originally posted by djb_rh View Post
            It also depends on what state you're in as to how *legal* you can be with registering it.

Here in NC I'm not sure there's any way to do it LEGALLY. They won't do it as a "kit car" because the chassis is something from a known manufacturer but not available here (they don't care how "close" it is...if it doesn't have a US VIN they know there's a reason why and that's all they need to know).

The only way *I* know of to make it happen would be to buy a wrecked JK and swap the VIN. And that's not *legal*.

A better method would simply be to get someone who lives in a state like Georgia to do the registering for you and then sell it to you and transfer it. There *usually* aren't any issues with that...

--Donnie
            Where do we buy it from in the first place, given we're not in that country / residents of that country?
            Any idea if we can just buy parts of one, like the engine for example?

-Dan
            Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
            --
            Follow: Facebook / YouTube
            --
            WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Grecy View Post
              Where do we buy it from in the first place, given we're not in that country / residents of that country?
              Any idea if we can just buy parts of one, like the engine for example?
              The safest way is to go to that country, buy it, and put it in a container yourself, and ship it home.

But you better do a LOT of homework first on how to get it through customs once it gets here. People do it all the time, so the info is out there, but it's not easy....

It's not bad on stuff more than 25 years old. But newer than that? Good luck.

--Donnie

Comment

http://www.aav.com.eg/Product_TJL-J8.html
                Last edited by ossme; 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

rear AEV bumper
                  Attached Files
                  4 Wheel Station
                  AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia

Comment

Looks nice ..

Any luck with the softop ?

Comment

Thanks for the pics, looks great!

I didn't know the roll bar was different. That's almost exactly how I want to modify the bar on a JKU to "maximize" internal space.

-Dan
                      Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
                      --
                      Follow: Facebook / YouTube
                      --
                      WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

the jeep looks great. whats next on the mod list?
                        2013 JKUR, 3.5"sc lift., Silver Pintlers, 35" Km2s, Front and rear bumpers, TF tire carrier, Rigid lights, etc...

Comment

Just get the top on it and wheel it.

it doesn't have AC so it will be parked for Summer.

I have a rubi T-case off my JK74R so i'll throw that in it.

mostly AEV stuff. nothing else that would standout. I'm installing cruise control/ Rubi E-disco, factory fog lights, lockers and thats about it.

I have 3 Jeeps right now

the Spider LJ on 37s

my 4dr JK on 42s with a supercharged methanol injected 6.7

my Chinook on 33s my daily driver, first Jeep and most favorite.

Next on the list would be to start the Brute project. I have the kit here collecting dust. Just trying to figure out if I want to go with a JK frame or stretch a TJ frame.

I'll post some nice pics once I have time to take it out
                          4 Wheel Station
                          AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia

Comment

Maybe this is a silly question, but I did follow the build thread on the JKUR with the 6.7 and then it kind of just died. Could you give an update on that Jeep and do you have any up to date pictures or video's?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread!

Comment

Lo2aY.. I always figured the only way to get a J8 was to go to Egypt. Congratulations !! All your Jeeps are impressive as are your travels. You really bring Expedition into the AEV brand.

You mention how primative the J8 is. I have not used the air or radio in my Rubicon in years. It is a dream vehicle for me.

Again. Love your posts. Mark Twain of the new millennium.

Comment

Originally posted by epiccosmo View Post
                                Maybe this is a silly question, but I did follow the build thread on the JKUR with the 6.7 and then it kind of just died. Could you give an update on that Jeep and do you have any up to date pictures or video's?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread!
                                It arrived in Saudi and I blew up the motor. so now I'm waiting for a new block that was supposed to ship 4 months ago. It has 900 miles since it got here. I have a heavy foot

Originally posted by billiebob View Post
                                Lo2aY.. I always figured the only way to get a J8 was to go to Egypt. Congratulations !! All your Jeeps are impressive as are your travels. You really bring Expedition into the AEV brand.

You mention how primative the J8 is. I have not used the air or radio in my Rubicon in years. It is a dream vehicle for me.

Again. Love your posts. Mark Twain of the new millennium.
                                Thanks! the J8 is a great offroad vehicle with no doubt. But to be honest, I really doubt that most of us offroaders would really use it to its maximum potential. You should see the testing grounds for those vehicles. They go through a lot of abuse that no one that payed for it would want to do.

My original purpose was load, diesel motor and of course it's cool.

but given that this Jeep was converted to gas, it really shot down some plans. So what I'm going to do is buy another one (4dr this time) and move all the parts over. Then use the one that I have for rock crawling or sell it. a 3dr J8 on 37" tires or bigger would be really cool to wheel.
                                4 Wheel Station
                                AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia

Comment

Working...
                                X