led headlight help IPF relay shorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• led headlight help IPF relay shorted

so I just put in trucklite led headlights. And when I turned them on with the brights and IPF driving lights the relay shorted out. was making a buzzing noise. I'm guessing the new LED lights draw more through the system. ( I really hate that AEV wired the IPFs into the bight lights).

the relay is a RC-2206 MITSUBA

now how can I fix this get a bigger relay or......

ok I figured it out. did the rewire to hard + moving the wirer from the bight light factory switch. its all good now.

Comment

Did you remove the wire from the TIPM? Where did you wire it to?
      2015 JKUR AEV JK350 package, JW Speaker Evo 2 headlights and fog lights, AEV premium leather, AEV snorkel, AEV corner guards, AEV fuel caddy, IPF backup light, backup camera through navi

Need help with your investments or retirement planning? Give me a ring. I'm licensed in all 50 states, and have clients in most of them.

Ryan Eckert
      Managing Principal, Waddell & Reed
      407-916-7700
      [email protected]
      http://www.orlando.wrfa.com/Ryan-D--Eckert.e599147.htm

Comment

Originally posted by New Jeeper Ryan View Post
        Did you remove the wire from the TIPM? Where did you wire it to?
        Yes and wired it right to the battery

Comment

Originally posted by jam23r1 View Post

so I just put in trucklite led headlights. And when I turned them on with the brights and IPF driving lights the relay shorted out. was making a buzzing noise. I'm guessing the new LED lights draw more through the system. ( I really hate that AEV wired the IPFs into the bight lights).

the relay is a RC-2206 MITSUBA

now how can I fix this get a bigger relay or......
          AEV wires them that way because that's how IPF recommends them to be wired. JW Speaker has an anti flicker harness that allows them to work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 2trackjeeper View Post
            AEV wires them that way because that's how IPF recommends them to be wired. JW Speaker has an anti flicker harness that allows them to work just fine.

That's a separate issue. The anti flicker harness does not get rid of the buzz when using the ipfs and the Jw speakers on bright. They have to be weird direct bypassing the tipm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Chris Madison
            General Manager
            Cross Chrysler Jeep
            Kentucky's #1 Jeep Dealer
            502-693-5779 Cell
            502-459-9900 Ext. 204
            1-800-783-6444
            [email protected]
            www.CrossJeep.com
            2005 Highline Rubicon Brute on 37's
            2006 AEV Hemi LJ Rubicon
            1970 VW Bus Sold
            1990 911 964 Carrera 4 Coupe Sold
            2002 AEV 112 Sold
            2015 Tank JKUR w/dealer installed JK-350 Sold
            2006 Highline LJ 37's Sold
            2005 Highline LJ 37's Dynatrac Sold

Comment

I have this same issue on mine. May I ask where you pulled the power from? Where is the IPF relay? Thanks!

Comment

So I ran into the same buzzing issue when I switched over to LED lights. I followed these instructions and fixed the problem by moving the power from the high beam switch to a different 12v power source.

The IPFs work great with their supplied switch but I really liked being able to have the option to activate them with the high beams. Does anyone know how I could wire the IPFs so they can either be on/off/on with high beams similar to the AEV reverse lights?
                Last edited by Noah; 11-20-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X