Rescue Green AEV JK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyrusPura View Post
    You want to burn someone else's jeep just because they frequent a different forum than you? Really?
    Eddie crossed the line on humor and criticism. Not to mention how he screws vendors over. IF you want to know the rest, PM me on JKOwners
    http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5403
    JK'ed Photography

Sponsor of Wheelers for the Wounded

Comment

Originally posted by offroader613 View Post
      Eddie crossed the line on humor and criticism. Not to mention how he screws vendors over. IF you want to know the rest, PM me on JKOwners
      I've read it all on JKOwners. In the end though, it is his 'magazine' so to speak. I would still like to imagine that my buddies and I could approach a group of JKOwners on a trail with our decals and not get flack.

Sorry for the hijack.

JPMan42, still looking forward to the Rescue Green pictures.

Comment

Not to hijack ( though we are good at it)
        Just because you belong there doesn't mean you can't wheel with JKO. We've got plenty of people "in between". I didn't mind JK-forum until eddie thought it was funny to make some comments about my work that made my blood boil.
        http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5403
        JK'ed Photography

Sponsor of Wheelers for the Wounded

Comment

Sorry it took so long.

Here are some pics
          Attached Files

Comment

And some more

Iphone pics are not the best but it is what I have.
            Attached Files

Comment

looking good. how good are the km2's in the snow/ice??
              BLACK 2007 RHD JK SAHARA UNLIMITED 2.8 DIESEL
              6 Speed
              AEV 3.5"SC, 315/70R17 Duratracs, AEV Front Bumper, AEV Rear Carrier, AEV Snorkel, Warn 9.5ti
              F900BT+VIBE LiteAir 1000W 4ch amp + 4 BlackAir 6.5" + 1350W 12" Sub-woofer

Comment

Ice

We had a foot of snow and ice on the road and it was not plowed for over a week. Very nasty conditions and I never had to use the lockers once. Everyone and there grandma wanted me to drive them all over town so they got a lot of use. Never did slip much and the conditions were as bad as you could expect.

Comment

That looks awesome, thank you very much for uploading those. I just got back from the Rubicon and I really need an AEV front bumper. I can't wait until mine looks like that.

Comment

It is worth the wait.

AEV makes good stuff and it is always worth the wait. At least speaking for my self.

Comment

Fella's suweet green JK's

just bought mine 4 weeks ago, couldn't wait for the green so i went with silver. i would love to know what kind/size lifts you guys did as well as wheel and tire sizes. thx!

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4jeeper View Post
                        just bought mine 4 weeks ago, couldn't wait for the green so i went with silver. i would love to know what kind/size lifts you guys did as well as wheel and tire sizes. thx!
                        Mine is just a Teraflex 2.5" BB for now... I'm planning on going with the AEV 3.5" premium kit with clayton arms when I can afford it. As for wheels and tires, I have AEV's 17" Pintler's wrapped in 35x12.5r17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2's.

I actually originally wanted silver and went with green. I'm sure you'll be happy with your color, it'll grow on you as you make the jeep yours by building it up.

Comment

All AEV and Nth Degre

I am running the 4" lift with 37" tires. I had all the parts and install done by AEV

Comment

Thanks!

thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jpman42 View Post
                              We had a foot of snow and ice on the road and it was not plowed for over a week. Very nasty conditions and I never had to use the lockers once. Everyone and there grandma wanted me to drive them all over town so they got a lot of use. Never did slip much and the conditions were as bad as you could expect.
                              I have a set of 35" KM2's that I had siped by discount tire. If you like the way your stock KM2's work in the winter you will love them siped. After having it done I will never own another un-siped tire. In all honesty I think when comparing stock tires in the winter the Toyo MT and Cooper STT do better than the KM2 as they have some limited factory siping. But a well siped KM2 is much better than they are. In the summer in the rocks of Moab the siping helps too.

My wife has Bridgestone Blizzacs on her Park Avenue and they are amazing. The Blizzacs have pretty extreme siping from the factory.

I have a new set of 37" KM2's on the way and after I mount them on my new Pintler Beadlocks I'm going to sipe them before they hit the road (no crud to dull the blades). Rather than have Discount Tire sipe the tires with there machine I ordered this Van Alstine Headed Tire Siper:
                              http://www.vanalstinemfg.com/products/siper/siper.htm
                              and am going to sipe them by hand. I think I can do a much better job by hand. I think a siped KM2 is the best off road tire.

Comment

Thanks for the info above. I heard that sipping the tires reduces their life. Is that true? How many mile do you expect from the sipped km2's?
                                Cheers
                                dom
                                BLACK 2007 RHD JK SAHARA UNLIMITED 2.8 DIESEL
                                6 Speed
                                AEV 3.5"SC, 315/70R17 Duratracs, AEV Front Bumper, AEV Rear Carrier, AEV Snorkel, Warn 9.5ti
                                F900BT+VIBE LiteAir 1000W 4ch amp + 4 BlackAir 6.5" + 1350W 12" Sub-woofer

Comment

Working...
                                X