X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyrusPura
    started a topic Rescue Green AEV JK

Rescue Green AEV JK

Anyone know where I can find more pictures of this JK? I love this look and am very interested in seeing more. Thanks alot for the help!

• scbroder
    replied
    Originally posted by jpman42 View Post
    I am running the 4" lift with 37" tires. I had all the parts and install done by AEV
    Do you have the 4.5" lift, same as currently offered? The reason I ask is your shocks look different than those currently included in the kit.

Leave a comment:

• chuck45
    replied
    I'm guessing based upon what I see now (with 10k on them) that they'd be good for 30k. I won't know for sure as I'll be swapping out to 37's next week. My understanding is that the tires with big lugs run cooler when siped. When I talked to the guy at Van Altine he said that racers who sipe have found that with siping the tires gets up to temp more quickly but then euns cooler.

I haven't found a problem with siping but I must confess that tire mileage isn't that important to me. My JK isn't a daily driver and all of it's use is on the trail and getting there so it's trail performance is most important. The difference in packed snow and on ice is astounding.

Leave a comment:

• jpman42
    replied
    Just got back from Weelin.

I just got back from weelin near Browns Camp OR. The truck handled so much better then my wildest dreams. I took a route that my Stock 06 Rubicon wouldn't have made and it make it no problem. What a fun machine.

Leave a comment:

• scotlandjk
    replied
    Thanks for the info above. I heard that sipping the tires reduces their life. Is that true? How many mile do you expect from the sipped km2's?
    Cheers
    dom

Leave a comment:

• chuck45
    replied
    Originally posted by jpman42 View Post
    We had a foot of snow and ice on the road and it was not plowed for over a week. Very nasty conditions and I never had to use the lockers once. Everyone and there grandma wanted me to drive them all over town so they got a lot of use. Never did slip much and the conditions were as bad as you could expect.
    I have a set of 35" KM2's that I had siped by discount tire. If you like the way your stock KM2's work in the winter you will love them siped. After having it done I will never own another un-siped tire. In all honesty I think when comparing stock tires in the winter the Toyo MT and Cooper STT do better than the KM2 as they have some limited factory siping. But a well siped KM2 is much better than they are. In the summer in the rocks of Moab the siping helps too.

My wife has Bridgestone Blizzacs on her Park Avenue and they are amazing. The Blizzacs have pretty extreme siping from the factory.

I have a new set of 37" KM2's on the way and after I mount them on my new Pintler Beadlocks I'm going to sipe them before they hit the road (no crud to dull the blades). Rather than have Discount Tire sipe the tires with there machine I ordered this Van Alstine Headed Tire Siper:
    http://www.vanalstinemfg.com/products/siper/siper.htm
    and am going to sipe them by hand. I think I can do a much better job by hand. I think a siped KM2 is the best off road tire.

Leave a comment:

• 4x4jeeper
    replied
    Thanks!

thanks for the info guys.

Leave a comment:

• jpman42
    replied
    All AEV and Nth Degre

I am running the 4" lift with 37" tires. I had all the parts and install done by AEV

Leave a comment:

• CyrusPura
    replied
    Originally posted by 4x4jeeper View Post
    just bought mine 4 weeks ago, couldn't wait for the green so i went with silver. i would love to know what kind/size lifts you guys did as well as wheel and tire sizes. thx!
    Mine is just a Teraflex 2.5" BB for now... I'm planning on going with the AEV 3.5" premium kit with clayton arms when I can afford it. As for wheels and tires, I have AEV's 17" Pintler's wrapped in 35x12.5r17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2's.

I actually originally wanted silver and went with green. I'm sure you'll be happy with your color, it'll grow on you as you make the jeep yours by building it up.

Leave a comment:

• 4x4jeeper
    replied
    Fella's suweet green JK's

just bought mine 4 weeks ago, couldn't wait for the green so i went with silver. i would love to know what kind/size lifts you guys did as well as wheel and tire sizes. thx!

Leave a comment:

• jpman42
    replied
    It is worth the wait.

AEV makes good stuff and it is always worth the wait. At least speaking for my self.

Leave a comment:

• CyrusPura
    replied
    That looks awesome, thank you very much for uploading those. I just got back from the Rubicon and I really need an AEV front bumper. I can't wait until mine looks like that.

Leave a comment:

• jpman42
    replied
    Ice

We had a foot of snow and ice on the road and it was not plowed for over a week. Very nasty conditions and I never had to use the lockers once. Everyone and there grandma wanted me to drive them all over town so they got a lot of use. Never did slip much and the conditions were as bad as you could expect.

Leave a comment:

• scotlandjk
    replied
    looking good. how good are the km2's in the snow/ice??

Leave a comment:

• jpman42
    replied
    And some more

Iphone pics are not the best but it is what I have.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X