• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Wrangler JL hood??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Mopar High Top fenders?

2012 Flame Red Rubicon
    2.5" XT Suspension w/Geo Brackets - AEV Roof Rack, Premium Front Bumper, Tire Carrier, Front Skid Plate
    35x12.50 BFG KO2 on 17X8.5 Quadratec machine finish Moab wheels, Rigid Duallys, Rigid 10" Radiance light bar

Comment

Yes those are the mopar highline flares

Comment

Originally posted by RUBIDUDE View Post
        And Mopar High Top fenders?

Comment

Care to explain the story on the hood and is that a stock suspension with 35s?

2012 Flame Red Rubicon
          2.5" XT Suspension w/Geo Brackets - AEV Roof Rack, Premium Front Bumper, Tire Carrier, Front Skid Plate
          35x12.50 BFG KO2 on 17X8.5 Quadratec machine finish Moab wheels, Rigid Duallys, Rigid 10" Radiance light bar

Comment

Well I purchased what I thought was a 2014 hard rock/10a hood from and known good recycler in the Detroit area. The guy there was very helpful with sending pics before the sale so I could see what I was getting and getting it freight shipped to me in 3 days. Got the hood unpacked and went to install today only to find out the hood I bought is almost 2 inches longer than my stock hood. There are no vin stickers or mopar stamped part numbers on this hood (which is not the norm for jeep/mopar) The place I purchased from is near Chelsea proving grounds and the guy there thinks there "might have been a mix up". If you've read any info at all on the new JL you'll see that they are messing around with the cowl/windshield/A pillar area so.......

No that is an AEV 2 in BB and 37s.....soon to be mopar 4in

Comment

Very interesting story.
              It's amazing the options that those high top fenders offer. I had my eyes on them for a while. I like my 2 1/2 but a little more fender clearance would be nice or even 37's, which those fenders would accommodate. The 4 inch lift will be nice. Your setup will be a lot like Jeep's "Max Performance".

2012 Flame Red Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by RUBIDUDE View Post
                Very interesting story.
                It's amazing the options that those high top fenders offer. I had my eyes on them for a while. I like my 2 1/2 but a little more fender clearance would be nice or even 37's, which those fenders would accommodate. The 4 inch lift will be nice. Your setup will be a lot like Jeep's "Max Performance".

Yea I'm kinda pissed about the hood because even though I own potentially the only JL hood in existence it's useless at this point.....we will see what Monday brings

Yes actually when I first saw "max performance" on the trials at Moab I decided I liked it.

Comment

I have it on pretty good authority the grill in the JL is a little different than the JK, though I actually thought the hood would get shorter, not longer.

Hmm.

-Dan
                  Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
                  --
                  Follow: Facebook / YouTube
                  --
                  WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

I'd keep it for posterity and bragging rights. I'm sure if that's a real JL hood in was ABSOLUTELY supposed to be destroyed before it ever went to a scrap yard .

Comment

Keep it, wait for the new JL to come out, order a JL grill, modify grill as required. You'll be the only one with that set up.

2012 Flame Red Rubicon

Comment

Comment

Comment

Now that is interesting!

Comment

Contact Chrysler corporate and let them know you got you hands on a new JL hood. I bet they will buy it back.
                              It's either that or a cheap Chinese knockoff.

Comment

Working...
                              X