New Borah Wheel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwford View Post
    I think the Quadratec wheel is the same as the Mopar beadlock not the AEV Borah
    Not speaking of Quads wheel the Slicklock. I'm speaking of the listing for the new Borah in Quads 2017 catalog. They list both a real and faux beadlock Borah wheel. A little pricey though. I would have gone with the fake locks if they came out last fall I think over the Saltas...maybe. They do look good.
    Last edited by Original_Junior; 02-15-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I'm curious if there is a brake fitment guide available? One of those paper cutout guides to ensure wheels will fit over your brakes. I'm currently running Baer big brakes and I'm forced to run spacers with my current wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY_WK View Post
        I'm curious if there is a brake fitment guide available? One of those paper cutout guides to ensure wheels will fit over your brakes. I'm currently running Baer big brakes and I'm forced to run spacers with my current wheels.
        Our wheels were designed and engineered to work with our suspension and the Dynatrac ProGrip Kit. More information on that kit can be found here: https://www.dynatrac.com/review/product/list/id/12/

Luckily we have a vehicle in the shop right now with the same brake kit. I am seeing if the shop can put it on a lift and remove the front tire so I can see if a Borah will mount up and have enough clearance.
        Last edited by AEV Chris; 02-23-2017, 09:58 AM.
        Chris Holt
        Marketing Associate, AEV
        248-926-0256 x272
        cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY_WK View Post
          So they fit, but they are EXTREMELY tight. One small rock or debris gets lodged in there and the inside of the wheel will be all scratched up. See the third picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	borah1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	187076

Name:	borah2.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	187077

Name:	borah3.jpg
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	187078
          Last edited by AEV Chris; 02-23-2017, 11:54 AM.
          Chris Holt
          Marketing Associate, AEV
          248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
            So they fit, but they are EXTREMELY tight. One small rock or debris gets lodged in there and the inside of the wheel will be all scratched up. See the third picture.

[ATTACH]21562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21564[/ATTACH]
            Porsche style......
            Stone White 2012 JK SWB 2.8 Diesel, Pintlers w/beadlock, Cooper ST Maxx 285*70r17, Premium bumper w/un-winchplate, XT dualsport 2.5 lift, drake hold downs...procal in glovebox

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, that looks pretty tight. I'm currently running Savegres but needed a 1.5" spacer to make them work (plenty of clearance around the circumference but not on the backside of the face of the wheel). I may see how much clearance the Mopar beadlocks have... I'd much rather run the new Borahs though!

Comment

Is that Jeep in the photo using Old Man Emu shocks? Is it an AEV build?
                "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

[ATTACH]21562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21564[/ATTACH]
                  Chris, are you guys making the simulated beadlock wheel quadratec is showing?
                  If so do you know if the trim ring is flush with the tire? The mopar beadlock is a two function wheel but looks horrible in simulated position due to space between wheel n tire.

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
                    Is that Jeep in the photo using Old Man Emu shocks? Is it an AEV build?
                    That Jeep is a black Double Cab Brute that a customer sent to us to do some mild upgrades to it. We put on the OME BP-51 shocks, the Baer brakes, an Alpine head unit (with a FLIR) and upgraded the driving light's to the ARB Intensity 21's.

I am not aware if AEV is changing out equipment from their AEV packages.

Ben
                    Ben Hedrick
                    www.BenHedrick.com
                    HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
                    2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
                    2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                    2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                    2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
                    2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
                    2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
                    2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
                    2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
                    2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by hold24 View Post
                      Chris, are you guys making the simulated beadlock wheel quadratec is showing?
                      If so do you know if the trim ring is flush with the tire? The mopar beadlock is a two function wheel but looks horrible in simulated position due to space between wheel n tire.
                      The AEV Wheel Quadratec is showing is our wheel. The Quadratec branded one is not ours. The simulated ring does fit very tightly against the wheel. I am trying to track down a wheel or photo that I can share. Stay tuned.

Originally posted by Ben Hedrick View Post
                      That Jeep is a black Double Cab Brute that a customer sent to us to do some mild upgrades to it. We put on the OME BP-51 shocks, the Baer brakes, an Alpine head unit (with a FLIR) and upgraded the driving light's to the ARB Intensity 21's.

I am not aware if AEV is changing out equipment from their AEV packages.

Ben
                      Thanks Ben!
                      Chris Holt
                      Marketing Associate, AEV
                      248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Here is the best picture I could get of the non-beadlock ring mounted on a tire. I can say it is fitted quiet well against the tire sidewall.

Name:	borah side.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	187092
                        Chris Holt
                        Marketing Associate, AEV
                        248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Chris, do you have any pictures of how the machined wheel looks mounted on a jeep?

Comment

Originally posted by code3lg View Post
                            Chris, do you have any pictures of how the machined wheel looks mounted on a jeep?
                            I don't have any like that right now but as soon as we get our first shipment in we will have plenty of pictures that I will make sure to share!
                            Chris Holt
                            Marketing Associate, AEV
                            248-926-0256 x272

Comment

I see that Quadratec has them listed now.
                              "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                              2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Is the first week in April still the expected release date?

Comment

Working...
                                X