No announcement yet.

New Borah Wheel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just made some foot plates and bolted through the top railing of the bed with some fender washers, so far so good.

dh
    2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
    2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
    2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
    2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

I noticed that the backspacing/offset is different on the Borah vs the Pintlers, Savagres, etc. Is that a typo on the website, or is there really less backspacing on the new wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
        I noticed that the backspacing/offset is different on the Borah vs the Pintlers, Savagres, etc. Is that a typo on the website, or is there really less backspacing on the new wheel?
        That is not a typo, we engineered the wheel in that manner. The Borah wheel has 4.59" of backspacing and unlike the other JK wheels we offer, it has +4mm offset instead of +10mm. In order to function as both a true beadlock wheel and a wheel with or without the protection ring, we made these adjustments knowing that the wheel is nearly an inch wider when running them as a true beadlock. We also made the wheels to these specs knowing they will also allow for a Dynatrac ProGrip brake kit to be installed or other brand brake kits.
        Chris Holt
        Marketing Associate, AEV
        248-926-0256 x272
        cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
          That is not a typo, we engineered the wheel in that manner. The Borah wheel has 4.59" of backspacing and unlike the other JK wheels we offer, it has +4mm offset instead of +10mm. In order to function as both a true beadlock wheel and a wheel with or without the protection ring, we made these adjustments knowing that the wheel is nearly an inch wider when running them as a true beadlock. We also made the wheels to these specs knowing they will also allow for a Dynatrac ProGrip brake kit to be installed or other brand brake kits.
          I hope they work with the Mopar Big Brake Kit.

Comment

New to this forum and my first post here (I joined because of these wheels! Lol). I emailed because I desperately want these in bronze. Was told it's only on the anniversary JK (another jeep is way out of my budget). Anyone that buys one and doesn't want them I'll buy! AEV pretty please sell these in bronze!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tallgeese View Post
              I hope they work with the Mopar Big Brake Kit.

If these wheels work with Dynatrac brakes I'm sure the Mopar Big Brake Kit will clear with no problem.

Comment

Will the outer beadlock ring work with the Pintler beadlock will? If not is that ring still available?

Also, I'm horrible with backspacing does the Borah wheel stick out of more than other AEV wheels?
                "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

The Borah sticks out an additional 6mm (1/4").

Comment

Originally posted by scbroder View Post
                    If these wheels work with Dynatrac brakes I'm sure the Mopar Big Brake Kit will clear with no problem.
                    Probably.

The Dynatrac uses the smaller stock caliber one an extension, and the Mopar is using the Dodge RAM calipers which are pretty good size. I know my stock 17" Rubicon wheel clears the BBK, by just a little....less than the thickness of a stick on wheel weight.

If there the Borah has at least the same inner profile as a stock wheel, then it would work, but AEV was unable to tell me that on the phone when I called. Actually, they wouldn't say that any of their wheels would/would not work with the Mopar BBK.

Comment

New Borah Wheel

Originally posted by spag View Post
                      Probably.

The Dynatrac uses the smaller stock caliber one an extension, and the Mopar is using the Dodge RAM calipers which are pretty good size. I know my stock 17" Rubicon wheel clears the BBK, by just a little....less than the thickness of a stick on wheel weight.

If there the Borah has at least the same inner profile as a stock wheel, then it would work, but AEV was unable to tell me that on the phone when I called. Actually, they wouldn't say that any of their wheels would/would not work with the Mopar BBK.

Obviously I can't say for sure since I don't have all the data, and I would check prior to install. Don't forget the rear Dynatrac rotors are larger than the front. I have the mopar bbk with the Dynatrac in the back. The rear has less clearance between the caliper and inner diameter of the wheel. I'm guessing the rear calipers are about 3/16 closer to the wheels then the fronts.
                      Last edited by scbroder; 04-26-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

These wheels are on my shortlist.
                        Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                        4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Anyone explain why the new Borah's are hub Centric but none of the other AEV offerings are hub Centric any longer?

Comment

Originally posted by Stumblinhorse View Post
                            Anyone explain why the new Borah's are hub Centric but none of the other AEV offerings are hub Centric any longer?
                            the saltas are and I think the savgres are.

Comment

Originally posted by scbroder View Post
                              Obviously I can't say for sure since I don't have all the data, and I would check prior to install. Don't forget the rear Dynatrac rotors are larger than the front. I have the mopar bbk with the Dynatrac in the back. The rear has less clearance between the caliper and inner diameter of the wheel. I'm guessing the rear calipers are about 3/16 closer to the wheels then the fronts.
                              How would you rate the combo? I have the Mopar BBK, and was thinking of balancing the rear with the Dynatrac, but wasn't sure how noticeable it would be. What wheels are you running now?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post
                                the saltas are and I think the savgres are.
                                AEV used to list that as a feature on the website, but has since taken it off. I'm assuming that means that they aren't anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X