Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
    We do not have a plan to offer a matte black finish. We are exploring another black finish for the Borah but it will not be matte/flat.
    Do you have any dates on the "black" version? And is there any list I can get on to get this when available?

Comment

Originally posted by porterror View Post
      Do you have any dates on the "black" version? And is there any list I can get on to get this when available?
      We don't have a list but black will be available very soon. Check back in a 7-14 days.
      Chris Holt
      Marketing Associate, AEV
      248-926-0256 x272
      cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

I read on wrangler forum a guy in Utah bought a set of borahs and was shorted 4 bolts. He is trying to join this forum but has not been able to. He said he has tried reaching out to aev to get the bolts but has not had any success. He posted photos of his rims they look great he painted the bead locks red. I told him I would post this up so a moderator would see it and approve his registration​ on the forum. He said they balanced up great.
        Last edited by jeffd; 05-18-2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

We don't have a list but black will be available very soon. Check back in a 7-14 days.

Waiting patiently.... anxiously, but patiently.
          I think that might be an oxymoron, anxiously patient? [emoji41]

Comment

I noticed several posts back that Dave painted his Borah's.

I recently purchased the machined Borah's and wanted to know if that is still correct for this version as well?

Can the beadlock rings themselves be painted or powder coated?

Comment

Originally posted by Tallgeese View Post
              I noticed several posts back that Dave painted his Borah's.

I recently purchased the machined Borah's and wanted to know if that is still correct for this version as well?

Can the beadlock rings themselves be painted or powder coated?
              The beadlock rings and wheel can definitely be painted. I have only seen a non-machined wheel painted and a beadlock/protection ring but you can paint them as well. I would stay away from powder coating because the temperature used in powder coating varies at each shop and can greatly compromise the structure of an aluminum wheel.
              Chris Holt
              Marketing Associate, AEV
              248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post
                I read on wrangler forum a guy in Utah bought a set of borahs and was shorted 4 bolts. He is trying to join this forum but has not been able to. He said he has tried reaching out to aev to get the bolts but has not had any success. He posted photos of his rims they look great he painted the bead locks red. I told him I would post this up so a moderator would see it and approve his registration​ on the forum. He said they balanced up great.
                This customer was able to get a hold of me. Someone on Wrangler Forum posted up my signature from here (thank you) and he called me Friday. I made sure he was taken care of and he has a fix en route to Utah.
                Chris Holt
                Marketing Associate, AEV
                248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Galaxy Black!! Sounds spooky.

Comment

Galaxy Black!! Sounds spooky.

You beat me to it! Yes, Galaxy Black is now in stock!
                    https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...heels/jk-borah

Click image for larger version

Name:	BlackBorah_Small (002).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	187337
                    Chris Holt
                    Marketing Associate, AEV
                    248-926-0256 x272

Comment

You beat me to it! Yes, Galaxy Black is now in stock!
                      https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...heels/jk-borah

[ATTACH]22387[/ATTACH]
                      Any better pics of the galaxy black? (Non-Machined and no ring) and any date for order? They seem to be not available to select on site.

Comment

Any better pics of the galaxy black? (Non-Machined and no ring) and any date for order? They seem to be not available to select on site.
                        They are showing as available for order on my screen. Maybe close the window and reopen the browser? Unfortunately I do not have any other pictures at this time! I will see if I can get one ASAP!
                        Chris Holt
                        Marketing Associate, AEV
                        248-926-0256 x272

Comment

I'm lost . What is the difference between machined and non machined wheels ?

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead5 View Post
                            I'm lost . What is the difference between machined and non machined wheels ?
                            ones all painted and the other has some of the paint machined off.

Comment

The beadlock rings and wheel can definitely be painted. I have only seen a non-machined wheel painted and a beadlock/protection ring but you can paint them as well. I would stay away from powder coating because the temperature used in powder coating varies at each shop and can greatly compromise the structure of an aluminum wheel.
                              Thank you Chris!

Comment

Any idea when re-sellers are expected to get inventory?

Comment

Working...
                                X