Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
    Yes, Galaxy Black is now in stock!
    Hi, is Galaxy Black a metallic? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by porterror View Post
      Any better pics of the galaxy black? (Non-Machined and no ring) and any date for order? They seem to be not available to select on site.

I was just googling for some pics of the galaxy black and found this one. I was REALLY hoping they'd be selling some of the bronze borah beadlocks but I may have to go for the galaxy black if that's not possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tango11 View Post
        I was just googling for some pics of the galaxy black and found this one. I was REALLY hoping they'd be selling some of the bronze borah beadlocks but I may have to go for the galaxy black if that's not possible.

Never mind! That doesn't show galaxy black. I'm not able to tell the difference between the onyx and galaxy. See? Bronze would definitely be noticeable difference! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by porterror View Post
          Any idea when re-sellers are expected to get inventory?
          They should start receiving inventory this week or next.
          Chris Holt
          Marketing Associate, AEV
          248-926-0256 x272
          cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

They should start receiving inventory this week or next.
            Chris, can you explain what exactly the item "AEV90306024AA" is? It costs $5/per wheel and seems to be backordered at multiple places currently. Is it needed to mount/balance the wheels?

"No Ring – The Borah wheel can be installed without a ring for a simple, minimalist look. AEV supplies black nylon hardware for this configuration to prevent dirt and debris from building up inside the threaded bolt holes. AEV90306024AA is required if you choose this option."

Comment

That item number you are referring to is a plastic hardware kit to fill in the holes that would normally receive the bolts for the protection ring or beadlock ring. This is a vital component to keep sand, dirt and debris out of the opening while not running either ring on the wheel.
              Chris Holt
              Marketing Associate, AEV
              248-926-0256 x272

Comment

That item number you are referring to is a plastic hardware kit to fill in the holes that would normally receive the bolts for the protection ring or beadlock ring. This is a vital component to keep sand, dirt and debris out of the opening while not running either ring on the wheel.
                They are saying it's part #AEV90306024AA. Yes, the description says "AEV supplies black nylon hardware for this configuration to prevent dirt and debris from building up inside the threaded bolt holes.".

- What does this actually look like? Is it visible in the pictures posted on AEV?

- Since it's backordered at the vendor I ordered from, can I mount my wheels without it until I receive the hardware kit? Then, put on the wheels after they are mounted?

Comment

Does anyone have some pictures of the Borah installed? I am having a hard time distinguishing the difference between onyx black and galaxy black. I really like the Mopar beadblock but Borah is growing on me in they say it looks better in person.

Comment

Originally posted by AEVJK1Day View Post
                    Does anyone have some pictures of the Borah installed? I am having a hard time distinguishing the difference between onyx black and galaxy black. I really like the Mopar beadblock but Borah is growing on me in they say it looks better in person.
                    I'd recommend hoping over to our AEV Owners Group on Facebook. You will likely get a faster and more plentiful response on there. Onyx is basically Granite Crystal Metallic and Galaxy Black is actually a black color.

Chris Holt
                    Marketing Associate, AEV
                    248-926-0256 x272

Comment

• Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post

I'd recommend hoping over to our AEV Owners Group on Facebook. You will likely get a faster and more plentiful response on there. Onyx is basically Granite Crystal Metallic and Galaxy Black is actually a black color.
                      Thanks, Chris! Didn’t realize I forgot to reply to your response!

The Borah is 40# with the beadlock ring, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by AEVJK1Day View Post

Thanks, Chris! Didn’t realize I forgot to reply to your response!

The Borah is 40# with the beadlock ring, correct?
                        With the beadlock ring it is about 43lbs
                        Last edited by AEV Chris; 01-07-2019, 08:29 AM.
                        Chris Holt
                        Marketing Associate, AEV
                        248-926-0256 x272

Comment

• Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post

With the deadlock ring it is about 43lbs
                          Thanks, happy new year!

Comment

• I have a brand new two door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK with BFG KM tire size 255/75/17. Will the AEV Borah with simulated beadlock ring fit without any modifications? Will it stick out past the fender flares?

Comment

• Originally posted by 18JKRubicon View Post
                              I have a brand new two door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK with BFG KM tire size 255/75/17. Will the AEV Borah with simulated beadlock ring fit without any modifications? Will it stick out past the fender flares?
                              You won't need any modifications to fit our wheels, and with that tire size you'll have no issue. It will be pretty inline with stock fender flares as our goal is always to tuck them in as close as we can while still giving the vehicle a good stance. With the size tires you mentioned, you won't have any issue with fitment or flare coverage.
                              Chris Holt
                              Marketing Associate, AEV
                              248-926-0256 x272

Comment

• I guess I need to share a photo of my new AEV Borah wheels!! I am REALLY digging these! I think that look really good on my Xpo Rubicon. Now I need to get and and get them dirty. Cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	49335545_1235455146604588_3754381722620264448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.fna&oh=bf66b717498affdb9fb453501ffdb869&oe=5CB63236.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	255265
                                Attached Files
                                Ben Hedrick
                                www.BenHedrick.com
                                HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
                                2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
                                2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                                2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                                2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold