Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 JK LED headlights swappable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Tell your advisor to go on dealer connect then to "vehicle option updates" some service advisors might have that option "greyd" out so a service manager might have to give him/her access.....once in the vehicle option update screen add your vin.....once your vin is in it will bring up your build config.....then have him scroll thru until "quad beam led" option come up.....press "add" then wait for the conformation it was added....have the tech in the shop with the "wi-tech 2" wait 15 min then do a "reconfigure" to your jeep....to confirm the update "took" have the tech look in the "TIPM" module under "configuration" tab to see if "quad beam led" pid is "set" or "not set".....if "set" is displayed your good to go......if you had a AEV pro-cal or programmer changing tire size or what not you will have to go back thru with that and reset tire size etc.....if they can't figure that "how to" then try a diff dealer....if you want PM me and I'll get you my cell number to assist too

    DH


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #17
      nice, thanks and one more ? this will work on a 14 with trucklites?

      Comment


      • #18
        Yes all 07-17 JK wranglers


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by redrockjk View Post
          Yes it does....and it works fantastic....both my JKs have JW Speaker headlights with the option code added to my vin


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That sales code for JW Speakers does not work for the 2017 LEDs. I have heard some people have tried it with little to no success and it only works on the headlights, so if you install the 2017 LED fog lights they will flicker like a disco ball!
          Chris Holt
          Marketing Associate, AEV
          248-926-0256 x272
          cholt@aev-conversions.com

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
            That sales code for JW Speakers does not work for the 2017 LEDs. I have heard some people have tried it with little to no success and it only works on the headlights, so if you install the 2017 LED fog lights they will flicker like a disco ball!
            I have a 2016 JKUR with 2017 LED Headlights & Fog Lights
            2017 LED Headlights with sales code 5SX LED Quad Headlights work great!
            2017 LED Fog lights work great.... until I start the engine, then flicker like a dance party! Tried the FNV sales code - didn't work....bummer.
            Waiting on FCA for a fix.

            Comment


            • #21
              Do we know if the 17 mopar headlight leds will work on pre 16 models with the dealer flash or we still getting flicker

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by hold24 View Post
                Do we know if the 17 mopar headlight leds will work on pre 16 models with the dealer flash or we still getting flicker


                Yes they will work just fine....I work at a dealer and done hundreds of the flashes to fix flickering led headlights.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well Gang,
                  I'm new to this forum but, not new to Jeeps and or, just about anything about them. However, I am also new to this "PWM" stuff, flicker, and LED headlights. I've also recently installed some '17 OEM LED headlights in our '15 JKUR. While I think the lights are far superior to the original Halogen junk, there is a tiny bit of flicker to the low beams. It's really not all that bad and, for the most part, I'd normally just let it go at that.

                  But, in reading that the "Flash" will cease the PWM, I've been lead to believe that because the PWM will be eliminated, the system will now provide max voltage to the headlights, no matter if they're LEDs or Halogens. That means my newly installed OEM LEDs will be even brighter. I have printed out the procedure for the tech at a dealership to use, just in case they're a bit foggy on just what to do. I'd sure like to be re-assured that this "flash" is a sure thing, before I approach our local dealership.
                  Scott

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by FIRE UP View Post
                    Well Gang,

                    I'm new to this forum but, not new to Jeeps and or, just about anything about them. However, I am also new to this "PWM" stuff, flicker, and LED headlights. I've also recently installed some '17 OEM LED headlights in our '15 JKUR. While I think the lights are far superior to the original Halogen junk, there is a tiny bit of flicker to the low beams. It's really not all that bad and, for the most part, I'd normally just let it go at that.



                    But, in reading that the "Flash" will cease the PWM, I've been lead to believe that because the PWM will be eliminated, the system will now provide max voltage to the headlights, no matter if they're LEDs or Halogens. That means my newly installed OEM LEDs will be even brighter. I have printed out the procedure for the tech at a dealership to use, just in case they're a bit foggy on just what to do. I'd sure like to be re-assured that this "flash" is a sure thing, before I approach our local dealership.

                    Scott


                    It is a sure thing. It's an oem build code. I've literally done hundreds of them with perfect success. The leds however will not brighten up.....leds are either on or off....no in between


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X