2017 JK LED headlights swappable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 JK LED headlights swappable?

Can the new 2017 JK LED headlights be retrofitted to older JK's? what are the issues?

Quadratec had an article on this--the short answer is yes they can and there are no issues.

Comment

I did see this today

http://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/led...r-unlimited-jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I was one of the first people to get my hands on these and install them in a previous model year Jeep. I have a 2015 Sport S.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3914.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	186699

The install was super easy however after testing them at night, I noticed a constant flicker. I called around to nearly a dozen dealers, Quadratec, Mopar and Jeep and NO ONE had an answer. For now, I bought some anti-flicker harnesses and put them in last night and the lights work great but I never fully trust random brand anti-flicker harnesses and I would much rather have a dealer flash or other fix.

I was told by a contact at FCA that a flash is coming from Mopar however it is likely still a few months away.
        Chris Holt
        Marketing Associate, AEV
        248-926-0256 x272
        cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Reports are that the flash "5SX" for the older Mopar quad LED headlights works for the 2017 LED headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by jac04 View Post
            Reports are that the flash "5SX" for the older Mopar quad LED headlights works for the 2017 LED headlights.
            I heard this as well but I don't plan on adding any codes until Mopar comes out with their official flash fix. There is also a separate issue with flickering fogs.
            Chris Holt
            Marketing Associate, AEV
            248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Is it safe to assume these headlights don't adjust with the steering wheel or anything?

Is there any reason to 'upgrade' from the JW Speaker J-series?

Lack of direction is really my only complaint with my (properly adjusted) JWs.

XRussoX

Comment

Originally posted by XRussoX View Post
                Is it safe to assume these headlights don't adjust with the steering wheel or anything?

Is there any reason to 'upgrade' from the JW Speaker J-series?

Lack of direction is really my only complaint with my (properly adjusted) JWs.

XRussoX
                No, they do not turn with the steering wheel.

The J Spec JW Speakers have a better beam pattern IMHO. The cutoff is nicer. I do like the 17 led factory fogs.
                16 RAM 2500 Power Wagon on 37"KO2's
                TAIL RATED

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
                  I think I was one of the first people to get my hands on these and install them in a previous model year Jeep. I have a 2015 Sport S.

[ATTACH]20713[/ATTACH]

The install was super easy however after testing them at night, I noticed a constant flicker. I called around to nearly a dozen dealers, Quadratec, Mopar and Jeep and NO ONE had an answer. For now, I bought some anti-flicker harnesses and put them in last night and the lights work great but I never fully trust random brand anti-flicker harnesses and I would much rather have a dealer flash or other fix.

I was told by a contact at FCA that a flash is coming from Mopar however it is likely still a few months away.
                  stock bumper, that aint right LOL. Like the thin blue line tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post
                    I'm working on it! Piece by piece. And thanks.
                    Chris Holt
                    Marketing Associate, AEV
                    248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post
                      I know! I was suprised to see zero AEV in the photo.
                      "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                      2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

The official OEM fix for headlight flicker is adding "quad beam" LED lights option code to your vin VIA "add sales code" in dealer connect. I do 5 a week that way at work. Including my JK

Comment

Originally posted by redrockjk View Post
                          The official OEM fix for headlight flicker is adding "quad beam" LED lights option code to your vin VIA "add sales code" in dealer connect. I do 5 a week that way at work. Including my JK

I wonder if that works for the aftermarket headlights too?
                          Jeff

2013 Sahara
                          AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

Yes it does....and it works fantastic....both my JKs have JW Speaker headlights with the option code added to my vin

Comment

Originally posted by redrockjk View Post

so what exactly would tell my dealer tech needs to be done as I fear if I say I need the led lights option code they will look at me like I have 3 eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X