Gas in rear bumper water storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas in rear bumper water storage

Recently a gas station attendant added fuel into my bumper water storage. Any suggestions what to do to get it cleaned and ready for potable water again?

Replace it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The entire bumper? Too expensive for me to do.

Comment

Sounds like the station should make good on their employee error. Would have insurance to cover that mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by bdesilva View Post
          The entire bumper? Too expensive for me to do.

They should be paying for everything....you can buy just the tanks from AEV

Comment

Oh cool. Didn't know you could just buy the tanks. Are there different ones for different versions for the bumper? I found "Winter Edition / Backcountry / Moab / Call of Duty Rear Bumper Water Tanks with Pump Kit" but mine is not one of those Jeep editions. I just bought the bumper.

Comment

Wow! Where do they still have gas station attendants?

Comment

Originally posted by bdesilva View Post
                Oh cool. Didn't know you could just buy the tanks. Are there different ones for different versions for the bumper? I found "Winter Edition / Backcountry / Moab / Call of Duty Rear Bumper Water Tanks with Pump Kit" but mine is not one of those Jeep editions. I just bought the bumper.

They should all be the same

Comment

Originally posted by cwford View Post
                  Wow! Where do they still have gas station attendants?
                  I recall that Oregon and New Jersey are two. You can't pump your own gas.

Comment

I would contact the gas station first. If they weren't informed to fill up the water tanks with gas, that is not good. You can definitely replace those tanks and that is what I would recommend doing.
                    Last edited by AEV Chris; 03-01-2017, 12:32 PM.
                    Chris Holt
                    Marketing Associate, AEV
                    248-926-0256 x272
                    cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Clearly the water tank wasn't meant for Fuel and the OP doesn't want fuel in his. I hate to hijack a thread but...

Is there any operational reason that the water tank could not be used for fuel?

I spend a ton of time far from gas stations I have almost filled my water tank with fuel for the added insurance. It has never had water in it and I do not plan to put water in it ever...

Comment

it may be because it is a bumper...a hard impact could turn your bumper into a dangerous firework.

Comment

I would think siphoning the fuel out would be problematic

Comment

Working...
                          X