37" 3.5" Lift Help Tires Rubbing Fenders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37" 3.5" Lift Help Tires Rubbing Fenders

Hey Everyone i have a 2017 4 Door Rubicon Hard Rock and purchased the AEV 3.5" lift with 17" wheels Fuel Trophy Wheels -6 offset 4.5BSM. Purchased JCR Flat fenders also, Prorock 44 for the front.

I ordered those parts and had a shop install them but the tires are still rubbing on my front flat fenders. I was under the impression that with flat fenders it wouldn't rub. It also makes contact with my rear rubi rail which was trimmed almost to the weld.

I looked on the forum and heard of some people having to change bump stops or something but created this thread to see if someone knows exactly what i need in order to resolve this. What is the best way to get this done right? Thanks guys

fitting 37s

There are multiple ways to achieve what you are wanting to do. It really depends how involved you want to get to get to achieve this. I am not personally familiar with the JCR fenders. Here is a basic run down of what I did.

I experimented and made my own suspension setup. I wanted the Jeep to be as low as possible and still run 37" tires using only 1.5" of lift. I am running Poison Spyder flat fenders, KMC Machete Bead lock wheels. I think they are closer to a 3.5" BS with Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.50x17 tires
    I used adjustable control arms to move my rear axle rearward roughly 1.25" - 1.5" I also moved the rear sway bar rearward on the frame
    I had to trim some metal from the rear sheet metal but the end result is the axle placement with the aftermarket flat fenders looks more centered in the wheel wellsl. I lengthened my bump stops and I am able to drive up an RTI ramp and I have no contact at full articulation anywhere.

If you do not want to get this involved to achieve no rubbing you may want to consider going up to 4.5" coils and longer bump stops. This setup works with factory flares

Comment

Thanks but my understanding is that with the 3.5" lift there is a simple solution. Heard someone talking about replacing the rear bump stop but i just want to make sure and know exactly what i need to buy to get this perfect. I know this is a common setup so hopefully someone with a 3.5" lift and 37's chimes in. Thanks

Comment

Is it contacting while driving on the street or when off road only?

Comment

I am running the same lift with 37" KO`2s that run a bit small. I have the 4" lift bump stops with the factory fenders. No rubbing here.

Comment

Originally posted by AOR View Post
            Is it contacting while driving on the street or when off road only?
            Only when its flexed out off road.

Comment

What tires are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by JEPP View Post
                What tires are you running?
                Nitto trail grappler 37x12.5. 17" wheel

Comment

Try the 4.5 rear bump stops you have to purchase the set (fronts are the same)
                  Jason De Monto
                  Trail Concepts
                  480-788-7245
                  2015 Jeep Rubicon
                  Baja Yellow
                  Dual Sport 106

Comment

Originally posted by Jdemonto View Post
                    Try the 4.5 rear bump stops you have to purchase the set (fronts are the same)
                    I heard someome else say the same thing about the rear bumpstops. Thanks but can you explain what you mean with the fronts are the same? I assumed the aev 3.5" lift kit came with the 3.5 bumps stops front and rear. Also head someone say something about flipping a bumpstop but not sure what that means. Im new to this so talk to me like im 5 😂😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by jmc2010 View Post
                      Only when its flexed out off road.
                      Longer bump stops should be all you need.

Comment

Thanks and pardon for the rookie question but how would me replacing my current rear bumpstop to the 4.5" Rear bump stop fix my tire rubbing on my front flat fender? Or is there some other bumpstop that i need to also change on the front?

Comment

Take a picture of your front bumpstops and new axle. I'm betting something was changed. You should not be getting rubbing up front. I've seen AEV lifts in their 2.5" and flat fenders used. Also post pictures where you are running.
                          16 RAM 2500 Power Wagon on 37"KO2's
                          TAIL RATED

Comment

Originally posted by jmc2010 View Post
                            Thanks and pardon for the rookie question but how would me replacing my current rear bumpstop to the 4.5" Rear bump stop fix my tire rubbing on my front flat fender? Or is there some other bumpstop that i need to also change on the front?
                            Thought you were talking about the rear!

I have 37's with mopar flat tops with a 2.5" lift with zero rub, something is wrong with your setup
                            Jason De Monto
                            Trail Concepts
                            480-788-7245
                            2015 Jeep Rubicon
                            Baja Yellow
                            Dual Sport 106

Comment

Working...
                            X