ARB Fridge questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB Fridge questions.

Just got mine...a 50 qt. Can anyone advise...can i use the existing 12 volt charging outlet with the provided plug? Or must I add a seperate fused line...and/or second battery?

You can use an existing 12v plug but it will turn off when Jeep is off. To have always on power to the outlet, you either need to jump the relay for that outlet or install an always on outlet. If you go that route, make sure to fuse the cable close to the battery. And consider installing an always on interior fusebox for other mods. Mine powers my reverse lights, ham radio, fridge, and camping lights.
    2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

The power outlet in the back of a Rubicon is always hot even when off. Can anyone tell me if the ARB cooler has a built in shutoff so it doesn't drain the battery?
      2013 JKUR Rock Lobster
      2015 JKUR Tank

S.E. Michigan
      OFFROADJEEPERS

Comment

Originally posted by Red Lobster View Post
        The power outlet in the back of a Rubicon is always hot even when off. Can anyone tell me if the ARB cooler has a built in shutoff so it doesn't drain the battery?

The fridge has 3 battery modes. Low, medium and high. Shutoff voltages are 10.1, 11.4 and 11.8. You can find a PDF manual online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

Originally posted by Red Lobster View Post
          The power outlet in the back of a Rubicon is always hot even when off.
          The 12V power outlet in the center console is also hot all the time.

Ben
          Ben Hedrick
          www.BenHedrick.com
          HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
          2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
          2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
          2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
          2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
          2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
          2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
          2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
          2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
          2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

Comment

The wired outlet may not be heavy enough to adequately run the fridge. I found we needed to instal the ARB wire harness in both of our Jeeps. The fridge seems to behave differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2008 JKUR AEV- Expedition Package, 4.5 DS-RS, Salta, 37 GY, 5:38's.
            2006 LJ Rubicon SOLD
            2001 Jeep Cherokee SOLD
            1998 Jeep Cherokee SOLD

Comment

I have been using the IBS system for yrs. Its the only way to go to protect you form getting stuck from draining your primary battery. Plus other great features.
              here's a link
              http://expeditionready.net/TJM-Dual-...32IBSKITHD.htm

Comment

I use the prewired 12v plug in the cargo area with a 50L ARB fridge. It works fine, but I have to set the battery cut off to low.

I've run the fridge for 36hrs on the OEM starter battery and the jeep still started. I carry a antigravity XP-3 jump start box just in case. Dual battery setup would be best though.
                Last edited by 4xfour; 05-04-2017, 05:53 PM.
                '16JKHR

Comment

Working...
                X