AEV CHMSL 3rd Brake Light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
    You have to splice into the existing wiring. Another option would be to do a Deutsch connector, which would probably be the best way to go, and the way I will redo this when I get a new rear bumper.
    It looks like I'm going to be getting the rear AEV bumper in the next month or so. Since a 3rd brake light is required by law (at least that's what I've been told) I need to make sure I have one.

You mentioned a "Deutsch" connector can be used to make the CHMSL light plug and play. Do you happen to have a link or detailed decription for the exact part I would need to make this light work with an '08 JK?

Also, does anyone have a photo of how this light attaches to the JK AEV rear bumper?

Thanks.
    Last edited by MaloCS; 03-29-2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Here is the link for them at Jegs, but there are several places you can get them. They are military grade weatherproof connectors, which in a vehicle that goes off-road is a nice thing to have.

http://www.jegs.com/i/MSD-Ignition/1...oductId=744558
      Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
      4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by MaloCS View Post
        It looks like I'm going to be getting the rear AEV bumper in the next month or so. Since a 3rd brake light is required by law (at least that's what I've been told) I need to make sure I have one.

You mentioned a "Deutsch" connector can be used to make the CHMSL light plug and play. Do you happen to have a link or detailed decription for the exact part I would need to make this light work with an '08 JK?

Also, does anyone have a photo of how this light attaches to the JK AEV rear bumper?

Thanks.
        The kit is shipped with a bracket that supports the CHMSL. Simple... takes 5 seconds.

What scenario are you using to justify the connector? Just curious. Changing wheels often maybe?

If you need me to snap some more detailed pics, I can.
        Phil Golden
        Learn more about Expedition Awareness
        2008 Sahara Unlimited - working on expo build.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Willy View Post
          The kit is shipped with a bracket that supports the CHMSL. Simple... takes 5 seconds.

What scenario are you using to justify the connector? Just curious. Changing wheels often maybe?

If you need me to snap some more detailed pics, I can.
          I would love more photos of the light without the tire mounted.

As far as wire splicing goes I've just reached the point in my electrical alterations where I hate splicing into existing wiring. I've done it for years with stereo equipment and I just love the look of uncut factory wiring. Plus, it makes going back to stock so easy if the need ever arises.

I'm just really attracted to the idea that I can unclip the factory connector and snap in a new connector from an after market light. Easy as pie, very clean and very easy to accomplish.

Comment

I would also like to see some pictures of the light with out a tire mounted.

Also dumb question.Is CHMSL said like one word or is it said C-H-M-S-L.
            "Dont wish for it,work for it."
            2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
              I would also like to see some pictures of the light with out a tire mounted.

It is just an abreviation for Center High Mounted Stop Lamp. If you order it just sa the five letters and they will know what you are talking about.
              Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
              4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

I ordered it by part number so i didnt have say it either way.
                "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
                  i have always heard it pronounced as one word, chemsel.

Comment

Working...
                  X