AEV Rear w/ GOBI Rack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fxk142 View Post
    It looks like there will not be a better solution then the one seen on page 2, which requires drilling into your rear quarters. With an AEV roof rack in the works, I doubt they would solve this problem with a rear bumper redesign, that would just be a poor business move.
    Somebody has made it work without mounting to the side. Now I just need to find out how.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Heeltoe989 View Post
      Somebody has made it work without mounting to the side. Now I just need to find out how.
      yes, there are a couple owners out there that have done this. You have to cut into the water containers and modify the way it mounts. There is no way to make it work without a full re-design...which will not be done.

So, again, if you wnat this combo, buy the AEV corner guards and the drill application brackets for the GOBI.

There is no other way around it.
      16 RAM 2500 Power Wagon on 37"KO2's
      TAIL RATED

Comment

So it basically makes the water containers useless?
        "Dont wish for it,work for it."
        2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by Timgco View Post

There is no other way around it.
          Sorry, that's not in my vocabulary. I'll find a way and tell people about it.

Comment

Gobi rack/AEV rear bumper working solution

There is now a Gobi rack/AEV rear bumper working solution that was developed by Gobi. It is a no drill solution that allows to the products to work together without loss of functionality of either product.

Comment

gobi/aev

Any Pictures of this solution?

Comment

From installation instructions:

2009 Black JKU AEV bumpers, beadlocks, hood, 4.5 coils, Supercharger, etc, etc

Comment

There are no pictures on the site yet since this development is very new, about two weeks new.

Ok, scratch that. I just saw the update of pictures posted. That is my Jeep in the pictures.

The new brackets are in stock and being shipped. I currently have a 2008 Unlimited Rubicon with the AEV rear bumper w/o tire carrier and the latest edition of the Gobi Recon Stealth rack. I do have some random pictures, but nothing up close. I will be working on taking better pictures soon. Paul at Gobi has approved me sending this update out and looks forward to your interests and orders. Let him know you heard it from SummitJeep (John).

Comment

Originally posted by Summit Jeep View Post
                    There are no pictures on the site yet since this development is very new, about two weeks new.

Ok, scratch that. I just saw the update of pictures posted. That is my Jeep in the pictures.

The new brackets are in stock and being shipped. I currently have a 2008 Unlimited Rubicon with the AEV rear bumper w/o tire carrier and the latest edition of the Gobi Recon Stealth rack. I do have some random pictures, but nothing up close. I will be working on taking better pictures soon. Paul at Gobi has approved me sending this update out and looks forward to your interests and orders. Let him know you heard it from SummitJeep (John).
                    Thanks for your help on this John. This was a long time in the making!!!
                    TAIL RATED

Comment

[ATTACH]2468[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2470[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2472[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2473[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2474[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2475[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2476[/ATTACH]

Comment

Any update to this? Are they available yet?
                          Maybe a silly question... Would one be able to use this Gobi setup with a stock rear bumper (getting an AEV bumper in the future but the need of a rack takes priority)

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayTrout View Post
                            Any update to this? Are they available yet?
                            Maybe a silly question... Would one be able to use this Gobi setup with a stock rear bumper (getting an AEV bumper in the future but the need of a rack takes priority)
                            yes, available now! just need to specify it will be used with a rear AEV bumper. eta is 3 to 4 weeks from order date at this time.

PM me your info and I can email the complete install/ pics.
                            TAIL RATED

Comment

Originally posted by Timgco View Post
                              yes, available now! just need to specify it will be used with a rear AEV bumper. eta is 3 to 4 weeks from order date at this time.

PM me your info and I can email the complete install/ pics.

Sweet! Going to order today.

Comment

Anybody running this Gobi rack on the AEV bumper, 3.5 SC, and 35's??????

If so how tall is your rig from the top of the rack to the ground? Can I get it in the garage??? 81" openning on my garage....

Donny
                                2013 JKU Sport, Auto, 4.88, AEV 3.5" SC, Black Pintlers wrapped in 35" Nitto Grapplers, Poison Spyder Bumpers, Warn 12.0 Endurance...

Comment

Working...
                                X