AEV Drive shaft..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV Drive shaft..

Any news on the AEV Driveshaft? I would love to get my hand on at least a front AEV driveshaft... I read somewhere they were going to use the rzeppa joint that is pinion angle friendly, and have a smaller diameter than stock..

Im running a 1310 Tom Woods now and am not happy with deciding between proper castor and proper pinion angles.
    08' JK- AEV Nth degree 3.5" Premium, AEV corners, AEV Snorkel, AEV carrier, AEV Savagre black wheels, 35's, 5.13 gears.

I am also waiting. My stock front is starting to make noises since my boot tore, and there is no way to keep it greased well. Hopefully this will be out soon, or I may only have 2wd this winter.
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

This has to be the most common recurring product request on here. With as many people waiting for a solution from AEV, you'd think it be top priority for them. I know AEV are perfectionists and all, but really, what's the hold up? Do you guys need a new product manager to get 'er done? Yeah, I'm waiting to see what AEV comes up with too, but I can't wait much longer. My front is about toast after the Rubicon trip!

Comment

Mine too. That boot's been gone since the first offroad trip with the AEV lift kit installed. Giddy up guys, my money is waiting.
        Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
        http://www.extremejeepclub.com

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
        AEV/Nth 3.5" - 35" MT/R w/ Kevlar - AEV Premium Front Bumper - AEV Heat Reduction Hood - Lots of other goodies!

Comment

Same here... money's waiting.

Comment

Patiently waiting for that front driveshaft. I'll know soon enough if I'm gonna rip my driveshaft boot.

All these loyal AEV fans waiting for a driveshaft fix. I'm sure it'll be good.

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldzn View Post
              Mine too. That boot's been gone since the first offroad trip with the AEV lift kit installed. Giddy up guys, my money is waiting.
              x3, first trip out with my sweet lift that rides better than stock and flexes like crazy, tore my non-awesome driveshaft

Comment

For those like me whose boot hasn't torn (mine contacted but came unbanded instead of tearing, just stay (swaybar) connected. It helps because it limits flex so dramatically. Sucks, though. Rides like a rock wagon on the trail that way but works.

Comment

After speaking with Tom Woods, he told me that he could modify my existing shaft and add a second double cardan joint which will allow me to run good castor and have no vibrations. How come nobody else runs that???

Anyway, I'll be sending out the shaft Monday and will report how it works out for me..
                  08' JK- AEV Nth degree 3.5" Premium, AEV corners, AEV Snorkel, AEV carrier, AEV Savagre black wheels, 35's, 5.13 gears.

Comment

AAAAHHHHHHH all this reading on the internet about the multiple double cardan shafts having vibration issues.....

The vibes im getting now are I think harmonic vibrations, where its making a helicopter (or subwoofer) type sound inside my JK at highway or near highway speeds.... Im wondering if I should just call AEV and order their upper control arms and try to run the pinion angle at 0..
                    but then I dont want to spend the money and hate how the JK drives with bad castor....

decisions decision.. and all of this while im trying to save for a wedding/house.

Currently im running no front drive shaft at all and its vibe free.

Comment

I'm hoping AEV has not chimed in because they are busy putting together a nice press release announcing their DS.

P.s. I am officially holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
                        I am also waiting. My stock front is starting to make noises since my boot tore, and there is no way to keep it greased well. Hopefully this will be out soon, or I may only have 2wd this winter.
                        OK Jon, you win...
                        Add me to the bandwagon!

Crew Chief Ultra 4 4500 Class
                        4540 Motorsports

Comment

don't stress about the boot too much. in on my third factory front driveshaft, torn and grease free for probably 20k miles, some on extreme trails....

it'll keep going, just not pretty.

Comment

I wouldnt say it will keep going. I have seems ds's with torn boots seize up. You wheel, jeep suspension cycles, DS won't expand/contract and you either push the DS through the transfer case, or pull so hard on it the rzeppa joint fails and the DS is dragging on the skids. I have seen it happen both ways, breaking the rzeppa is the better way cause you can pull the shaft and hopefully get off the trail, if it goes through the transfer case it's an expensive recovery

Comment

Originally posted by a-squared View Post
                              don't stress about the boot too much. in on my third factory front driveshaft, torn and grease free for probably 20k miles, some on extreme trails....

it'll keep going, just not pretty.

Ha! Ha! You say don't stress, then mention you are on your third drive line
                              I've picked up a vibration and the drive line has some play in it, so I'm pretty sure it's more than a torn boot.
                              Regardless, it would be nice to know if Dave is going to bring a drive line to market very soon, or should we go to plan B?
                              Crew Chief Ultra 4 4500 Class
                              4540 Motorsports

Comment

Working...
                              X