Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad vibration after AEV 2.5" lift and 35" tires HELP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad vibration after AEV 2.5" lift and 35" tires HELP!!

Just recently put the Aev 2.5 lift with salt wheels, 315/70/17 bfg KO2 tires (29 psi) and I'm getting a bad vibration in the front end. Its not steering stabilator related and doesn't seem the be the tire balance. I feel it in the steering wheel, dash and floor boards. (Very noticeable with your feet on the floor boards. Very noticeable after 60 MPH. My truck is a 17 sahara with 1000 miles. Is this driveshaft related ? is this why the molar kit comes with a different driveshaft. please help !! i really like this truck but i can't drive it like this. My hands and feet are numb after an hour trip haha.

Thanks

The 2.5 should not require any drive shaft changes. Did you install the geometry correction brackets? I'd suggest reading back through the install guide and checking all of the torque settings with the jeep on the ground, not on a lift. Also try rotating the tires front to rear. Most cases like this are tire related.
    Last edited by Daveh; 08-10-2017, 04:36 AM.
    2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

Originally posted by drivermod44 View Post
      Just recently put the Aev 2.5 lift with salt wheels, 315/70/17 bfg KO2 tires (29 psi) and I'm getting a bad vibration in the front end. Its not steering stabilator related and doesn't seem the be the tire balance. I feel it in the steering wheel, dash and floor boards. (Very noticeable with your feet on the floor boards. Very noticeable after 60 MPH. My truck is a 17 sahara with 1000 miles. Is this driveshaft related ? is this why the molar kit comes with a different driveshaft. please help !! i really like this truck but i can't drive it like this. My hands and feet are numb after an hour trip haha.

Thanks
      This is definitely not a drive shaft issue. A drive shaft replacement is not required. The vibrations you are experiencing definitely sounds a lot like unbalanced tires. My recommendation would be to take it to a tire shop that can road force balance the tires. I am running an AEV 2.5" DualSport with geometry correction brackets but smaller tires and have never experienced this. After you take it to a shop to check and/or have balancing done, should you still experience an issue, please don't hesitate to call us. That is what we are here for. I would suggest reaching out to Patrick if you continue to experience issues. He can be reached at 248-926-0256 ext 251.
      Chris Holt
      Marketing Associate, AEV
      248-926-0256 x272
      cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

did you remove the stock drive shaft from the pinion when installing the lift? If you did you might have installed it in a different position which can lead to issues. Otherwise easy way to see if it is tires move them front to back and see what happens. Stock driveshaft generally are really forgiving so I am thinking it is out of phase or your tires. Also don't forget to double check your front track bar torque. often for some reason people forget to retorque it to 120 ft/lbs and that can cause havoc.

Comment

unbalanced tires x2

Comment

The driveshaft that comes with the MOPAR kit has a smaller diameter for clearance.
            Last edited by Tallgeese; 08-13-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

If you still have the stock wheels/tires, try to put them back on to rule out whether the new wheels/tires are out of balance or not. I had a 2.5" kit w/geo brackets and 35's for 40,000 miles and could do 75 on the highway with one finger holding the steering wheel. It was definitely noticeably better driving than factory stock. The kit itself should definitely not be the problem if installed correctly...

Comment

Working...
              X