Recon with 2" lift.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recon with 2" lift.

So starting over. Picked up a 2018 Recon and going to keep it simple for a while but stock was just to simple so 33's and an aev 2" kit for now.

If I recall correctly, doesn't the Recon sit about an inch higher than other models stock? So, does the 2" net you an additional 2" of lift? Looks great.
    2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

Originally posted by Daveh View Post
      If I recall correctly, doesn't the Recon sit about an inch higher than other models stock? So, does the 2" net you an additional 2" of lift? Looks great.
      Thanks, yes it lifts the front exactly 2" (back 1.5") and the recon is lifted 1/2" from the factory via cols (not spacers) so compared to a standard rubi it would be 2.5" taller.

Comment

Looks kind of puny !

Comment

Does your handling seem to be different ? I have the 19/60 springs with same AEV 2” and wanders and flighty. I was thinking geo brackets and Fox shocks to help some

Comment

Originally posted by Zaskar View Post
            Does your handling seem to be different ? I have the 19/60 springs with same AEV 2” and wanders and flighty. I was thinking geo brackets and Fox shocks to help some
            No mine is not flighty at all. I don't think you will have enough height to use the geo brackets with the 19/60 coils and spacers. have your alignment checked so you know what your caster is. Also make sure your track bar and control arm bolts are properly torqued. It is amazing how many people forget they need to be retorqed again.

Comment

Good looking JEEP. I picked up a White Recon around the same time. I was thinking the same thing about a 2" lift and putting some km2 35"/34" and just running that for awhile. They ride so good stock and no hassels. Do you think its about the height of the 2-1/2" lift you'd think it would net the same.
              2013 JKUR Rock Lobster
              2015 JKUR Tank

S.E. Michigan
              OFFROADJEEPERS

Comment

Originally posted by Red Lobster View Post
                Good looking JEEP. I picked up a White Recon around the same time. I was thinking the same thing about a 2" lift and putting some km2 35"/34" and just running that for awhile. They ride so good stock and no hassels. Do you think its about the height of the 2-1/2" lift you'd think it would net the same.
                My 2018 Recon with aev 2" spacer kit was actually taller than my 2016 jkr was with the aev 2.5".

Comment

Jeff I put a winch on mine synthetic line and dropped as usual about 3/4" in the front. Is that spacer in the front taller than the rear to level out the front low on most stock jeeps.
                  2013 JKUR Rock Lobster
                  2015 JKUR Tank

S.E. Michigan
                  OFFROADJEEPERS

Comment

Originally posted by Red Lobster View Post
                    Jeff I put a winch on mine synthetic line and dropped as usual about 3/4" in the front. Is that spacer in the front taller than the rear to level out the front low on most stock jeeps.
                    yes the front spacer is 2" and the rear if I recall correctly is 1.25" it might be 1.5" but one or the other. Since installing this I have replaced the aev 2" lift with a set of Mopar 2" coils from the Mopar 2" lift and Falcon 3.1 shocks and love the ride and handling. I am running a Warn vR10 with steel cable.
                    Last edited by jeffd; 05-16-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Im running the same winch. I might try the same set up for a Jamboree trip I have coming up (save some time) Maybe ill do the 2" Aev spacer with 35" KM2 maybe add a little bump for the trip if needed. Thanks for the info.
                      2013 JKUR Rock Lobster
                      2015 JKUR Tank

S.E. Michigan
                      OFFROADJEEPERS

Comment

Working...
                      X