KM2 on 2.5 Dual Sport - 35 or 37

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM2 on 2.5 Dual Sport - 35 or 37

I’m getting ready to pre-order the new BFG KM3 in the next few weeks. I’ll be running the AEV Saltas and the 2,5 Dual sport suspension on my JKU.
    I’ve been running the above mentioned suspension with the factory wheels and 285/75R17 KM2s at 32PSI cold. I’ve been very happy with the tire performance and wear. So now that it’s time for new shoes, I’ll go to larger KM3s. My initial thoughts are to go with a 35/12.50R17 but I do realize the KM2 runs a little smaller than the spec sheet and the dual sport lift can accommodate a 35.

I am wondering if I can run a 37 KM2 (or3) with the referenced suspension. In reality it depends on the actual mounted size.
    I’m looking for input from JKU owners running AEV wheels or similar size/offset to tell me what tire pressure you run and the actual size of a KM2 on the vehicle you used for the Procal calibration. Do you experience any rubbing. Interesting in 35s and 37s

The vehicle is a dual purpose as it is my DD and I use it to off road about once a month and occasionally haul our off road trailer.
    Any and all input is appreciated
    Frank -- W9VMF
    2013 JKU MOAB Edition
    AEV 2.5 XT with geometry correction brackets
    BFG KM2 LT285/75R17

unless you are going to run flat fenders you will rub like crazy with 37's unless you have some massive bumpstops and then you are going to kill uptravel.

Comment

I run 35x12.5 KM2's with a wheel that has a similar backspacing to AEV's and the AEV 2.5 Dualsport. I don't experience any rubbing. That's about as big a tire as you want to go with. Like "jeffd" said, your gonna need to modify further and even then, there's no guarantee. Also, what gearing are you running? I'm running 4:10's. If you go to 37's I would highly recommend changing your gearing, especially if your gonna tow a trailer.
      2012 Flame Red Rubicon
      2.5" XT Suspension w/Geo Brackets - AEV Roof Rack, Premium Front Bumper, Tire Carrier, Front Skid Plate
      35x12.50 BFG KO2 on 17X8.5 Quadratec machine finish Moab wheels, Rigid Duallys, Rigid 10" Radiance light bar

Comment

Switch to the 3.5 lift and you can run the 37 with extended rear bump stops. That's what I'm doing.
        2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

All,
          Thanks for the comments. I’m running 4.10s already with my 34s which measure in at 33.0. My little Conquerer Compact is only like 1600 pounds. I hardly know it’s back there.
          I guess I’ll stay with the 35s rather than change up the suspension to a 3.5 lift. Changing over to the 3.5 looks like I’ll need to change most of the kit
          Frank -- W9VMF
          2013 JKU MOAB Edition
          AEV 2.5 XT with geometry correction brackets
          BFG KM2 LT285/75R17

Comment

Working...
          X