Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To AEV With Some Questions

Hey gang!
    Recently purchased an AEV Wrangler 4D (13’ JK with the 350 package) and I have to say I am hooked! Such a huge improvement over my 2010 Wrangler Sport. Now I see what all the fuss is about. The AEV JK350 is really how every Jeep should come off the assembly line.
    I have a few questions:
    1. While this Jeep is rust free the Bilstiens are pretty grungy as is the yellow steering control arm shock. I would like to replace these if for no other reason than to freshen up the rig! What’s the latest Bilstein shock being used by AEV with the JK350 setup? Where do I find the control arm shock?
    2. Love the aux “fuel bag” behind the tire. Can anyone recommend a good pump? I picked up a standard gravity pump on Amazon and have tried it out a few times. Only issue I see is the fuel left over in the tube and on the hose. Putting that back into the car makes everything smell like gas even in a zip lock. What methods have you found successful to get fuel out of the rear tank and store the hose?
    3. It came with a Procal controller module with no instructions on how to use it. Does AEV publish a manual with these rigs that gives specific instructions on how to use this and all of the other added features?
    4. I plan to add a roof rack and install some additional auxiliary perimeter lighting. I see this jeep has an aux air pump under the hood. Should I consider an additional battery or upgraded alternator to power everything?
    Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

Originally posted by Don Smith View Post
    Hey gang!
    Recently purchased an AEV Wrangler 4D (13’ JK with the 350 package) and I have to say I am hooked! Such a huge improvement over my 2010 Wrangler Sport. Now I see what all the fuss is about. The AEV JK350 is really how every Jeep should come off the assembly line.
    I have a few questions:
    1. While this Jeep is rust free the Bilstiens are pretty grungy as is the yellow steering control arm shock. I would like to replace these if for no other reason than to freshen up the rig! What’s the latest Bilstein shock being used by AEV with the JK350 setup? Where do I find the control arm shock?
    2. Love the aux “fuel bag” behind the tire. Can anyone recommend a good pump? I picked up a standard gravity pump on Amazon and have tried it out a few times. Only issue I see is the fuel left over in the tube and on the hose. Putting that back into the car makes everything smell like gas even in a zip lock. What methods have you found successful to get fuel out of the rear tank and store the hose?
    3. It came with a Procal controller module with no instructions on how to use it. Does AEV publish a manual with these rigs that gives specific instructions on how to use this and all of the other added features?
    4. I plan to add a roof rack and install some additional auxiliary perimeter lighting. I see this jeep has an aux air pump under the hood. Should I consider an additional battery or upgraded alternator to power everything?
    Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.
    1. The shocks at each axle are tuned to an AEV spec. You can call and get replacements. The steering stabilizer is an Old Man Emu unit. AEV can get you that as well, or any ARB dealer.

2. Unfortunately with the siphon system used there will always be some gas left in the tube. I have yet to hear of a good solution to get rid of it. You could always do a trasharoo, or other exterior cargo type system and store the used tube outside until the gas evaporates.

3. Here is the pro-cal quick reference guide and user manual.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/wp-c...K_ProCal-1.pdf
    https://www.aev-conversions.com/wp-c...Manual-4x8.pdf

4. I wouldn't worry about an upgraded alternator, since you likely won't be running all electronics at the same time. Dual battery systems are nice to make sure you can always jump start yourself if needed, but not needed. I run an sPod system so all my electronics cut out (other than the winch) if the battery gets low.

Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Great, thanks for the info Jon!

Comment

Working...
      X