JK350 - 35s To 37s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK350 - 35s To 37s

Hey All - I have read many posts here and on various Jeep sites about the requirements for moving up to 37s. Most are quick to say that you basically have to rebuild the Jeep with ball joints, drive shafts, etc, etc. Sooner or later anyway...

I’m wondering if there is actually any mechanical difference, as delivered, in my 2016 AEV built JK350 (3.5” lift and 35” KM2s) and the same AEV JKU with a 4.5” lift and 37s? Same ball joints, brakes, drive shafts? My point is, if AEV delivers these vehicles with 37s, then they are ready to run 37’s, with no changes required. Except maybe gears (currently 4.10,s) bump stops and trimming rock rails.

For those that have moved up to 37’s on your JK350, how’s it going? Any lessons or things you wish you knew before making the switch?

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

2016 AEV JK350 Granite

Originally posted by Matt Elliott View Post
    Hey All - I have read many posts here and on various Jeep sites about the requirements for moving up to 37s. Most are quick to say that you basically have to rebuild the Jeep with ball joints, drive shafts, etc, etc. Sooner or later anyway...

I’m wondering if there is actually any mechanical difference, as delivered, in my 2016 AEV built JK350 (3.5” lift and 35” KM2s) and the same AEV JKU with a 4.5” lift and 37s? Same ball joints, brakes, drive shafts? My point is, if AEV delivers these vehicles with 37s, then they are ready to run 37’s, with no changes required. Except maybe gears (currently 4.10,s) bump stops and trimming rock rails.

For those that have moved up to 37’s on your JK350, how’s it going? Any lessons or things you wish you knew before making the switch?

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas.
    Only difference is goin to be the jk370 has a 4.5” lift and comes with 4.56 gears. 3.5” lift and 37s might be tight and 4.10s won’t be awful but won’t be fun either. Basically you would need another inch of height and some 4.56 gears to make the jump to 37s. Not that much work involved really.

Comment

Yeah basically and then just change the correction brackets for the 4.5" lift hole. You do not need to rebuild the jeep just by going to a larger tire. You will put more stress on parts and your worn out parts will become more noticeable. But hey it will wear out with 35" tires anyway.

Comment

really depends on how a person uses them. If driving around town and gentle offroading 37's on stock axles are ok but if you are going to actually go offroading I would look at upgrading axles to heavier duty axles. I have a Recon edition which comes with a heavier front axle housing (J8 housing) then standard rubicon and no way in hell would I run 37's offroad. I know people do it but I would love to see what their camber looks like after a few offroad trips.

Comment

We run a minimum of 37’s out west on factory axles with very few issues. You wont like how it drives with 4:10’s. 4:56 is a waste of money, 5:13 or 5:38 work best.

Comment

37's are pretty common these days. Bent axles are also pretty common. I have a prorock44 so even though I replaced my axle I do feel stock axles work for most people and for a long time.

Comment

I actually wasn’t so worried about axles. I assumed that if AEV builds the JK370 with a Hemi (something like 40% more torque than the Pentastar) then the Rubicon axles must be stout enough to handle at least moderate off-roading on 37’s. Wouldn’t you think?

I do spend a lot of time off road so it needs to be capable and dependable. SW Colorado - so most of the stuff around Ouray, Telluride, etc, I wouldn’t put on 37’s just for looks or on pavement so the whole thing has to work as it does currently with the 35’s.
              2016 AEV JK350 Granite

Comment

Working...
              X