THE 3.5" PIC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the 3.5 owners:

Does the 3.5" lift eventually sag on a very heavy (6000+ lbs) JKU?

Is anyone running the 3.5" with the BFG KO2 34x10.5R17? pics?

Thanks,
    -Dan
    Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
    --
    Follow: Facebook / YouTube
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

• Dan, no proof but I had the same feeling when mine was fully packed for a 3 week trip including rtt, awning and so on... I addrd air helper bags inside the rear springs and it definitly took some pressure to level...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2013 Triple White JKUR CRD (2.8 VM Motori DIESEL), AEV 3.5" SC, Argent Pintlers, 35x12,5 Cooper STT, JW Speaker Evo2, Hot Head Headliners, AEV front and rear bumper with tire carrier, RR wich with synthetic rope (hidden install), Webasto diesel heater, sPOD, custom dual battery setup, backup camera, GOBI stealth, James Baroud Tent...

Comment

• A few from Pinyon Mountain in Anza Borrego and Sidewinder in Corral Canyon last weekend. The AEV 3.5 suspension gave a fully custom 16" coilover suspension a run for its money without sounding like an old wooden pirate ship. I love this suspension. But I might need to join the 4.5 thread if I keep doing these kinds of trails.

2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

• THE 3.5" PIC Thread

Originally posted by Grecy View Post
          For all the 3.5 owners:

Does the 3.5" lift eventually sag on a very heavy (6000+ lbs) JKU?

Is anyone running the 3.5" with the BFG KO2 34x10.5R17? pics?

Thanks,

-Dan

Yes. But to a lesser degree. That's why I switched to the 3.5 lift at aevs techs suggestion. They say it's designed to carry heavier loads. But I added a 1/2" spring spaced in the rear to keep it level when loaded. And I have air lift springs in the rear of its really loaded down.

The pic above is the stance with the airbags fully deflated. 3G gas, 5g water, 5lb propane tank, drawer, full fridge, full recovery gear, tools, spare fluids, camping gear, winch, dual battery. With that load, my 2.5 xt suspension was back to stock height.
          Last edited by klausvanwinkle; 03-06-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• A few from Anza Borrego over the last couple months.

Comment

• Last weekend, quick day trip just outside of Sydney Australia

Comment

• 2012 JKUR with 3.5" RS and stock wheels with 35" KM2's

Just finished installing the 3.5" RS and running 35" BFG KM2's on stock wheels with 1.5" spacers.
                Attached Files
                "There are no problems, only solutions" Flynn

Comment

• Installed the 3.5 myself last weekend. Upgraded from the 2.5 DS lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by JeepR_kReapR; 04-26-2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• damn looks good. I have one on the Fed-ex truck scheduled to be here Friday. If you love it I'll take credit if you don't I have no idea what your talking about LOL.

Hey pm panhead he might be interested in your no drill yeti. I was talking o him last night and it came up.

can you do a direct back shot and side shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffd View Post
                      damn looks good. I have one on the Fed-ex truck scheduled to be here Friday. If you love it I'll take credit if you don't I have no idea what your talking about LOL.

Hey pm panhead he might be interested in your no drill yeti. I was talking o him last night and it came up.

can you do a direct back shot and side shot?
                      Will do Jeff, I'll post it up here or send them to you on WF.

Thanks for the heads up with Panhead, I'll contact him to see if he's interested.

EDIT: I already love it! It will really get put to the test on my annual Turtle Ridge run at Drummond Island in October. Hopefully I can find the time to flex it at an off-road park before then that's a bit closer.
                      Last edited by JeepR_kReapR; 04-26-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• about 9 hours and it was on. I might be getting too old for this tho LOL
                        Last edited by jeffd; 05-02-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffd View Post

about 9 hours and it was on. I might be getting too old for this tho LOL

Man that does look taaaaaall with the stock wheels/tires. You need to put the Salta set back on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• it flexes pretty good.

Comment

• ~33" off the ground so using the vertical height formula for RTI ~1000.
                              exhaust comes close with the exhaust spacers but still daylight.

front shocks extend to 29" and coils are loose at maximum extension.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepR_kReapR View Post
                                Man that does look taaaaaall with the stock wheels/tires. You need to put the Salta set back on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                                those are not stock tires they are 285/75-17 that measure as tall as many 35's they are an honest 33.25 under the weight of the jeep.

Comment

Working...
                                X