beadlock questions ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beadlock questions ...

On the Pintler beadlocks, what's is the bolt size (24 bolts on beadlocks) that keep the ring in place?

Also, can anyone point me to the exact stems that work w/ these beadlocks?
    Last edited by expedition; 02-13-2012, 05:52 PM.

Ok, how about just an answer on the bolt sizes as nothing I have fits them.

Comment

5/16-18, we do sell a hardware kit to replace all the bolts.

Any rubber stems or TPMS stems should work fine.

dh
      2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
      2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
      2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
      2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
        5/16-18, we do sell a hardware kit to replace all the bolts.

Any rubber stems or TPMS stems should work fine.

dh
        That's confusing, I called in and the phone guys said the same thing. It's 3/16. Unless I'm reading that wrong (-18?). Does this kit replace the bolts with a different type of bolt? I'm going to need more bolts.

These allen type bolts are terrible, stripped a few. The allen sockets stick terribly into the bolt after torque'ing and a wiggle to get it out just isn't right. I bought the entire socket set cause I couldn't get an answer and 3/16 was the best fit.

Comment

You ask what type of bolt the rings take. I'm guessing they are 5/16 NF. The 18 stands for threads per inch.

3/16 is probably the allan head that fits the bolt.

Comment

Ah, ok, that makes sense then, my bad on my explaining. Is there some sort of specific screw spec other than 5/16-18 that I'd need to know to replace these (material)?

Also, is there a link to this hardware replacement kit so I can see what it contains?

Comment

I just used grade 8 bolts when I replaced mine. You can use Allen head or hex head bolts.

Since I have used both on their beadlocks, I would say the change to Allen head bolts is a good change. The hex head bolts had their issues as well. You needed a thin wall socket otherwise the socket would stick in the relief cut.
              03 TJ
              04.5 dodge
              11 JKU gone
              17 JKU, ult 60

Comment

I wonder why they just didn't make the relief cut wider. Either way, sockets still stick. Such is life.

Anyone know of the link for the replacement kit? I haven't found it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by expedition View Post
                  Ah, ok, that makes sense then, my bad on my explaining. Is there some sort of specific screw spec other than 5/16-18 that I'd need to know to replace these (material)?

Also, is there a link to this hardware replacement kit so I can see what it contains?
                  I don't have a link to the hardware kit but the part number is 90306006AB

The last time I ordered them they were $8.99 each. The kit contains 24 Allen head bolts and 24 washers.

Comment

Originally posted by oO_Rogue_Oo View Post
                    I don't have a link to the hardware kit but the part number is 90306006AB

The last time I ordered them they were $8.99 each. The kit contains 24 Allen head bolts and 24 washers.
                    Hello

Where can i buy this hardware kit?.

I need to replace my pintler beadlocks bolts and washers.

Thanks

Mariano
                    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK Rubicon 2011 - V6 3.8 - AEV/Nth Degree 3.5" Lift - 37" Nitto's - 17" AEV Beadlocks - Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Bumper & Crusher Flares - Warn ZEON10
                    UTV Polaris Ranger RZR 2008

Comment

Originally posted by mlozano View Post
                      Hello

Where can i buy this hardware kit?.

I need to replace my pintler beadlocks bolts and washers.

Thanks

Mariano
                      Call AEV for the hardware kits. 248-926-0256 x1 Monday-Friday, 8am - 7pm They also sell replacement rings for their bead locks.

I switched to 12 point ARP stainless steel fasteners when I moved the AEV bead lock wheels over to the orange crush Jeep. The 12 point ARP fasteners are easier to install/replace and take less time to re-torque.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Rexjc; 05-07-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexjc View Post
                        Call AEV for the hardware kits. 248-926-0256 x1 Monday-Friday, 8am - 7pm They also sell replacement rings for their bead locks.

I switched to 12 point ARP stainless steel fasteners when I moved the AEV bead lock wheels over to the orange crush Jeep. The 12 point ARP fasteners are easier to install/replace and take a less time to re-torque.
                        Great, thanks.

Those 12 Point fasteners look great!.

Do you know where i can buy it online?, If you tell me the exact size and length i will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Mariano
                        Last edited by mlozano; 05-07-2015, 01:33 PM.
                        Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK Rubicon 2011 - V6 3.8 - AEV/Nth Degree 3.5" Lift - 37" Nitto's - 17" AEV Beadlocks - Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Bumper & Crusher Flares - Warn ZEON10
                        UTV Polaris Ranger RZR 2008

Comment

Originally posted by mlozano View Post
                          Great, thanks.

Those 12 Point fasteners look great!.

Do you know where i can buy it online?, If you tell me the exact size and length i will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Mariano
                          I found the best price at Allen's Fasteners http://www.allensfasteners.com/searc...btnSearch.y=12 You'll want to order the ARP 12 point stainless 5/16-18 x 1" Hex bolt with the .617" flange. It fits perfectly with the AEV bead lock rings. Be sure to order the "Fully Threaded" option. You don't need to use washers with a flange head bolt, but you do need to treat each bolt with anti-seize lubricant on the threads. AEV recommends Permatex anti-seize lubricant part # 80078.

Comment

+1 on the ARP 12pt bolts
                            OK4WD Since '79
                            New Jersey's Authorized AEV Dealer

2015 Unlimited Rubicon
                            2014 RAM 3500
                            2007 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

I was just saying to myself ARP as I read the first page and then behold someone finally mentions them on the second page. ARP makes some fine quality fasteners. I just wish I could find them locally sourced instead of having to always order online. I guess thats helps me though since I would probably be using their fasterns on everything to include my push mower if I could find them readily available locally. More money left for other mods I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X