• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the photo , Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by simba View Post
      Hello Dave,

Is it possible for a height measurement of the white jeep that has the 2.5" lift and 35" tires.

You see my concern is entry into my garage and that was a factor for not getting the 3.5" lift.

My garage when open is 80"-6.6 ft.
      My Jeep with the snorkel sits at 73" Antenna sits at 76" I would say 3-4" for a safe zone. My Antenna will get crushed. A solution can be found for this.

How tall would the rear of my jeep increase with this lift and 35" KM2"s?
      I would really appreciate your assistance or anybody that has this set up.
      You could always air down going in and out of the garage !

Comment

The antennae are flexible, might beat the finish on the garage entry but it won't hurt the antenna.

Comment

I want to like that green JKU, but the tires just look too small. That is my concern with my Jeep. I think you need 35's for the proper "look" on the JKU. But with no power programmer for a 2011 or gear job in my near future, I am afraid that I will lose too much performance.
          Last edited by godeepwvu; 02-23-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I think about 2.5" of lift and the oem Rubicon 32's look good. The 33's look better, but that is the limit. 35's make the JKU look squatty with only 2.5" of lift, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by gleesonkd View Post
              Keep them coming guys. Thanks Dave. 2.5 with black printers and bfg at 315 that's the way I'm going. To bad dura trac are to wide..
              Wouldn't 315 BFGs be as wide as 315 Duratracs?

I was tempted to go with the 315 Duratracs and just bite the bullet on the treads sticking out past the fenders, but if the BFGs will fit, I might change my mind. Going with the Savegre wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by JPK View Post
                I think about 2.5" of lift and the oem Rubicon 32's look good. The 33's look better, but that is the limit. 35's make the JKU look squatty with only 2.5" of lift, imo.
                I like the look of the the 2.5 with 35's. Not squatty to me but of course everyone likes something different. This white jeep looks great to me with 35's:

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/...nsion-2-5.html

Comment

The BFG AT tires the r speed rated tire is .75" narrower. And the tread stays inside the flare. Make sure if your order get the right tire as there are 2 315 size tires from BFG AT. I just ordered 5 from discount tire direct for 300 per tire shipped. That's with the wrangler forum discount.

Comment

Pic for reference - 35-12.50R17 BFG KM2 vs GY Duratrac 315 (wide!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	tire photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	171772
                    2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                    2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                    2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                    2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Thanks Dave. I went with BFG AT. The narrow gm tire. Glad I didn't good Goodyear just too wide.

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
                        Pic for reference - 35-12.50R17 BFG KM2 vs GY Duratrac 315 (wide!)

[ATTACH]3245[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks for the comparison pics Dave. The KM2 is 8lbs heavier per tire. I think this would significantly impact mpg and overall performance. The 315/70R17 Duratrac is pretty lightweight at 60lbs. I'm thinking I would not have to regear my 2012 V6 with 3.73 gears.

Comment

Sort of kinda probably not really.

The duratrac is wider so typically worse mpg, but if its lighter (I haven't looked at it) It will be easier to bring up to speed, so that might save around town a bit.

Rotational mass and gearing are sort of separate issues.

A lighter tire will be easier to accelerate and decelerate and theoretically ride better since its inertia will be less (but there are so many other factors that effect ride like sidewall stiffness etc, and like I mentioned earlier the BFG seems to ride better than the Duratrac)

Gearing is more effected by diameter, so even with a infinitely light tire, you'll still be borderline on the freeway unless you live where its flat.
                          2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                          2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                          2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                          2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Thanks for the pic Dave - So is it safe for me to assume the 35" KM2 would stay inside the fender or am I going to have to go with the BFG AT?

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
                              Sort of kinda probably not really.

The duratrac is wider so typically worse mpg, but if its lighter (I haven't looked at it) It will be easier to bring up to speed, so that might save around town a bit.

Rotational mass and gearing are sort of separate issues.

A lighter tire will be easier to accelerate and decelerate and theoretically ride better since its inertia will be less (but there are so many other factors that effect ride like sidewall stiffness etc, and like I mentioned earlier the BFG seems to ride better than the Duratrac)

Gearing is more effected by diameter, so even with a infinitely light tire, you'll still be borderline on the freeway unless you live where its flat.
                              Thanks for the feedback. Kansas is about as flat as it gets!

Comment

The weight is a big factor with the Duratrac. JP magazine really made a good point about weight being a power robber. They loved the Duratrac. The price difference is significant, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X