Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noluis
    replied
    If your JK has a roof rack, you may want to have a DIY shower--- http://www.instructables.com/Roof-Ra...or-Activities/

Leave a comment:

• Revelin
    replied
    Hey all,
    any idea what side the filler cap is? Is it din96 thread?

Was thinking these options;

Good to know there is no drain plug.

cheers
    rev

Leave a comment:

• jwilson2598
    replied
    Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
    Thinking about getting the rear bumper, how many people actually find the water tanks useful? How many use them?

I use mine often when camping or going to the beach. It's convenient to have some quick water for washing off hands or rinsing off stuff without having to pack it inside the Jeep.

Leave a comment:

• forsakenfuture
    replied
    Thinking about getting the rear bumper, how many people actually find the water tanks useful? How many use them?

Leave a comment:

• JeepinJon
    replied
    Originally posted by aristobrat View Post
    LOL, not after they've taken a few hits.
    And even less after you add the AEV tire carrier.

Leave a comment:

• aristobrat
    replied
    Originally posted by 8000ft View Post
    did you guys know that the stock JK bumper holds 7.5 gallons?
    LOL, not after they've taken a few hits.

Leave a comment:

• 8000ft
    replied
    did you guys know that the stock JK bumper holds 7.5 gallons?

Leave a comment:

• wiley635
    replied
    Has anyone ever considered installing the pumps using copper tubing? I came across this thread after searching to see if anyone has posted about copper. After reading the comments about tanks not being emptied, valves being installed below...makes me feels that a proper copper tubing set-up with valves may be the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• skier013
    replied
    3 gal in--3 gal out

I have put in water many times with a gallon jug. Have only been able to get 3 gals to go in. I have tilted the car to get the water to go to the far side and checked the air vent. Never got more than 3 gals in.
    I have also put in a T drain, to drain it all, so as not to freeze.

Leave a comment:

• vedo13
    replied
    Originally posted by 1222 View Post
    That is exactly what I have done. I will post some pics as soon as I resize them.
    Well?????

Leave a comment:

replied
    That is exactly what I have done. I will post some pics as soon as I resize them.

Leave a comment:

• Tpreston
    replied
    I have not plumbed the tanks yet because I really don't like the white tube running under the bumper. Probably won't hit it but I also don't like the look.
    After reading this I wonder if it would be better to try to put some type of filler on the right tank and have drains from the bottom of both?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Well I know why I could only get about 3 gallons of water out of both tanks instead of closer to the 4.8 gallons as advertised. The left side tank only holds roughly 1-4/5ths and the right side holds less than 1.5 gallons. That is not even close to what they are supposed to be.

Leave a comment:

• oO_Rogue_Oo
    replied
    Yes it does; guess I could be mistaken but pretty sure I read they were food grade plastic. I use mine for wash water; for my pots n pans

Leave a comment:

• forsakenfuture
    replied
    Doesn't non potable mean non drinking?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X