Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Lift/Pull Pale Install

Hi,

I was wondering if you can just install the Hi-Lift to the hi-lift/pull pale mount accessory to the AEV tire carrier ? I currently do not have a pull pale.

thanks

Originally posted by jaxs1984 View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if you can just install the Hi-Lift to the hi-lift/pull pale mount accessory to the AEV tire carrier ? I currently do not have a pull pale.

thanks
    Yes you can.
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Can you also use the shovel carrier with a high lift mounted?

Comment

The shovel handle needs to be shortened. I'm still looking for a shovel that will seat firmly with my Hi Lift mounted. At EJS I was told that AEV would have a part number for a shovel that works well with the Hi Lift/Pull Pal mount.

JPK

Comment

Originally posted by JPK View Post
          I'm still looking for a shovel that will seat firmly with my Hi Lift mounted.

JPK
          Same here ... I tried the one from Lowes that was mentioned on here a few weeks back (presumably for use on vehicles without the hi-lift mount), but it didn't work on mine. That said, I don't think it would've worked even if I wasn't running the hi-lift mount.

T
          2012 JKU Rubicon - delivered 8/19/2011

Comment

Shovel fitment was a trial and error proposistion for me. I bought and returned half a dozen shovels before finding one I was happy with and it still required a bit of trimming of the handle. Then whan I added the Hi-Lift mount I had to go back and trim the handle a little more. How much needs to be trimmed depends on tire size so the best anyone can do is get you close and from there you'll have to do your own fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by oO_Rogue_Oo View Post
              Shovel fitment was a trial and error proposistion for me. I bought and returned half a dozen shovels before finding one I was happy with and it still required a bit of trimming of the handle. Then whan I added the Hi-Lift mount I had to go back and trim the handle a little more. How much needs to be trimmed depends on tire size so the best anyone can do is get you close and from there you'll have to do your own fitting.
              It's not so much length I can't find - yes, it can be cut down - its the right diameter I'm having a problem locating. What shovel are you using?

T

Comment

Right diameter and/or right amount of handle bow so it "locks" in with some compression it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by JPK View Post
                  Right diameter and/or right amount of handle bow so it "locks" in with some compression it seems.
                  Exactly.

T

Comment

Originally posted by comac90 View Post
                    It's not so much length I can't find - yes, it can be cut down - its the right diameter I'm having a problem locating. What shovel are you using?

T
                    I don't remember exactly where I got it; it may have been Lowes or Home Depot. The only markings on the shovel are "Carona" stamped into the metal where the handle slides into the metal, and it has a fiberglass handle. Here are a couple of pictures of how it fits and one of the shovel out where you can see it. (it actually fits tighter then the first pic shows, I had just installed the fuel caddy and needed to cut the shovel down an other inch or two when I took the pic)

Comment

Thanks for that Rogue. The search may be over...

Comment

Originally posted by oO_Rogue_Oo View Post
                        I don't remember exactly where I got it; it may have been Lowes or Home Depot. The only markings on the shovel are "Carona" stamped into the metal where the handle slides into the metal, and it has a fiberglass handle. Here are a couple of pictures of how it fits and one of the shovel out where you can see it. (it actually fits tighter then the first pic shows, I had just installed the fuel caddy and needed to cut the shovel down an other inch or two when I took the pic)

Thanks!!

Looks like it may be this one: yahoo shopping for shovels

T

Comment

yeah that sure looks like its the one. I just carefully removed the sponge rubber end; cut the handle to length and used a spray adhesive to re-attach the sponge rubber.

Comment

... thanks for the help I was able to install my Hi-Lift ... oh yeah an my 70 yo dad likes the AEV broom mount
                            Attached Files

Comment

lol at the broom mount!!!
                              '10 JKU Rubicon/auto/5.13s - AEV 4.5 + 37 KM2s (on Pintlers), AEV Front Bumper/Skid/Warn 9.5ti, AEV Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, AEV Diff Skid, PS Evap Skid, Rock Hard Oil/Tran/Cat Skid

Comment

Working...
                              X