Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 Lift Brake Line Relocation

Doing my 2.5 lift this weekend.

Did anyone ever come up with a better solution for 2012 models that does not rely on a zip-tie for the brake line relocation?

If so, please post pictures.

I may be in the minority here - but I used the zip ties and am not concerned w/ the design/function of them. All you are doing is keeping them away fron the coil and you do want them to 'give' a little. Install w/ the zip ties then you decide if you are unhappy.
    2012 JKU Sport
    3.73 Auto
    AEV 2.5", JKS Discos, Procal
    GY Duratracs 315/70/17, Rugged Ridge 17x9
    N-Fab nerf bar/steps
    Rugged Ridge XHD Front & Rear Bumpers
    KC Slimlite 100W Driving, 100W Fog

Comment

I am with 65Cobra, the zip ties do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by 65Cobra View Post
        I may be in the minority here - but I used the zip ties and am not concerned w/ the design/function of them. All you are doing is keeping them away fron the coil and you do want them to 'give' a little. Install w/ the zip ties then you decide if you are unhappy.
        I used them as well. Why not? They just keep the lines from getting pinched in the spring. They are the least of my concerns on my Jeep.

Comment

I also used the zip ties and they did the trick. It may not be the most elegant way to mount the lines but it works and really isn't visible unless you are looking for it.

Comment

Don't know about the 2.5'' but here is what i did on the 4.5'' lift. I didn't care for the zip tie idea either.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cobull View Post
              Don't know about the 2.5'' but here is what i did on the 4.5'' lift. I didn't care for the zip tie idea either.
              Looks good - Thanks!!

Comment

We'll be changing the brake line modifications on all the kits in the next few weeks, stay tuned.

dh
                2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
                  We'll be changing the brake line modifications on all the kits in the next few weeks, stay tuned.

dh
                  Dave is this something we will be able to purchase if we already purchased a kit?

Comment

subscribed.

Comment

Originally posted by River Hill View Post
                      Dave is this something we will be able to purchase if we already purchased a kit?
                      Lol purchase. They should supply us with them.

Comment

Subscribed as well. Never was too happy to see zip ties being used after all the time and effort that went into this kit.

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post

dh
                          any updates?

Comment

just installed the 2" spacer kit and am interested in this! hopefully they will just supply us with them I know I have spent enough money on AEV products to warrant it!

Comment

any update on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X