New From AEV - JK Rear Vision Systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New From AEV - JK Rear Vision Systems

AEV is pleased to announce the release of our Rear Vision Systems for the JK Wrangler. The AEV JK Rear Vision System utilizes an OEM validated camera with CCD technology for superior daytime image crispness & nighttime brightness, providing enhanced visibility while backing up under any condition. The unique high mounted camera position not only protects the camera from impacts on the trail, but also provides an exceptional field of view. AEV Rear Vision Systems are available for all 2007-14 JK Wranglers that are equipped with either the factory navigation system or the standard stereo system.

Customers who have a factory navigation system in their JK will appreciate the seamless camera integration that utilizes the OE display screen as a monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. This kit includes a programming module that temporarily plugs into the JK Wrangler's OBDII port to program the radio, eliminating the need to take the vehicle to a dealer for activation.

Customers who have a standard stereo system in their JK will receive a vehicle specific, auto-dimming mirror that features a hidden 3.5" TFT LCD monitor that activates when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.

Both systems are designed to work with an AEV Tire Carrier and include an all new, second generation CHMSL (Center High-Mount Stop Light) that comes pre-installed on the top of the camera mount. The camera mounting bracket installs behind the spare tire and is designed to work with all AEV wheels and most factory five spoke wheels.

Key Features:
    • Specifically designed for the 2007-14 JK Wrangler
    • Available for all models with either the OE navigation system or standard stereo system
    • OEM validated camera and weather-protected harness
    • CCD technology for superior daytime image crispness & nighttime brightness
    • Unique high mount camera mounting system provides an exceptional field of view
    • Includes an all-new, redesigned CHMSL (Center High-Mount Stop Light)

Click here for more information and pricing: http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/aev-backup-camera

Attached Files
    Matt Feldermann
    Marketing Manager, AEV

Looks nice. Any chance of the CHMSL being redone (I noticed the website pictures show it with the new diffused LED lights used on the camera system) so it is just a plug and play like this system?
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

NICE! congrats

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
        Looks nice. Any chance of the CHMSL being redone (I noticed the website pictures show it with the new diffused LED lights used on the camera system) so it is just a plug and play like this system?
        I bought this. It is weatherproof and from what I can tell is the same light. I put it on my old style CHMSL and mounted my Sony camera above it using the same two holes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-MADE-Tec...769094&vxp=mtr

If I get in trouble posting this please let me know.
        Last edited by kneeman; 03-17-2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kneeman View Post
          I bought this. It is weatherproof and from what I can tell is the same light. I put it on my old style CHMSL and mounted my Sony camera above it using the same two holes.

I did something similar, except using AEVs CHMSL and a Sony cam. Under $100 for everything. $700 seems pretty steep, but if you have the stock HU or stock wiring, the new kit may be a time saver.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
            I have the new AEV bkup camera and wiring now completed at the tailgate, it is a straight forward install.

Jon,to answer your question I think the new defused brake light is much brighter than the standard CHMSL. I still have my standard CHMSL sitting on my work bench needing a home ha! I still need to run the wiring harness from both the floods and the bkup camera up under the sills and to the radio/dash area. The Rigid LED flood wiring will pass through the firewall in the same spot where my SPOD wiring was passed through. It will then be neatly wired using several cable ties and then connected to the SPOD. The bkup camera will be connected to the back of my 730n and activated/flashed with the bkup cam procal as mentioned in the release. So I have a little work to do when the weather cooperates.

I prefer the led screen view of the bkup camera vs the rear view mirror. I did not want to give up the OE mirror and map lights, wanted a larger screen to view with it integrated into the head unit so the choice for me was simple.

Update-

Received my ProCal for the rear vision camera this evening….so I hope to finish up the install very soon.
            Still need to get some cooperation from the weather.
            Last edited by BILLET SILVER; 03-25-2014, 04:53 PM.
            Billet Silver - 2014 JKUS

Comment

Will it work with stock tire carrier? And 6 speed?

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                Will it work with stock tire carrier? And 6 speed?
                Yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kneeman View Post

I guess I was looking for the new CHMSL to have a factory plug on it to tie into the factory harness. At the moment it requires cutting and soldering or butt connectors.
                  Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                  4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

The new chmsl they have has to be connected somewhere too. Probably crimped and heat shrunk and covered in that black electrical tape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dave,
                      The press release specifically states that a navigation radio is required for the image to display on the radio screen. Will the non-navigation 430 radio display the camera output?

Thanks,
                      Robert

Comment

Any clue if this will work with the stock 14' Rubicon wheels? If so I'm sold now, if not I'll have to wait till I lift mine, buy the rear carrier, some savagres and tires(in that order as money allows). If not I might just end up getting the savagres first though without larger tires, as I've been dying for a backup camera for a while regardless.

Comment

After going through the installation pdf I'm still not clear...when you unplug the factory harness from the 12v outlet and then plug in the appropriate AEV harness are you in effect disabling the outlet or will it still have power?

Tob

Comment

does the price point seem a little exorbitant to anyone else?

Comment

American Exorbitant Vehicles?

On its face, everything AEV offers may seem a bit high in terms of price. Value is entirely subjective, but there is definitely an advantage in knowing that the parts you are adding are as OEM-like as you can get (most of them anyway). But with development costs to amortize, taxes, benefits, insurances, rent, payroll, etc....I don't blame them. The cost of doing business in this country is the driving factor when it comes to a price point as are break even points for a given volume. When all the bills are paid, do you really think they make that much on an offering such as this one?

Something else regarding the wiring...by utilizing the 12v power source, isn't the camera now powered up any time the ignition is activated and the vehicle is running? Does the camera really need power when most of the time, I'd assume, it doesn't need to be? Why not use the reverse lights to trigger a relay that then allows power to the camera? I'd have thought that would extend camera life, unless there would be a timely delay in the camera's activation...

Comment

Working...
                              X