Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it Work with 430 big screen?

Hi,

does any body know`s if the rear vision system works with the non navi 430 big screen?

Greats from germany
    2012 JKUR CRD, 6Speed, AEV 3.5" SC, GoodYear Duratrac 315/70R17, AEV Pintler

Comment

Originally posted by UNIQUE View Post
      Hi,

does any body know`s if the rear vision system works with the non navi 430 big screen?

Greats from germany
      Yes, it will work with any of the touchscreen radios.
      Jeff

2013 Sahara
      AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

Backup Cam with LockPick

Has anyone used this setup with a LockPick?

I have an '08 that came with an RER MyGig, and I've replaced it with an RHR MyGig from a '12 model. I want to keep the functionality of the LockPick which allows NAV entries while moving, and a host of other options including multiple cameras.

So...the LockPick requires an RCA style camera. Any way to convert the plug to RCA?

Thanks,
        Jeff
        '52 Willys M38
        '54 Willys pickup stock
        '69 Jeepster Commando
        '83 CJ-7 Laredo, 30K Original survivor, near mint
        '84 CJ-7 Laredo, 60K original, Sebring red, auto, A/C
        '88 XJ lifted, locked, & winched both ends
        '03 TJ Rubicon, 315's, winched both ends, 2500 miles
        '05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon Sahara ready to be modified
        '08 JKU Rubicon JK350, 5.7 Hemi, 4.5" w/37's, Savegres, Dynatrac Pro Rock w/RCV's, 4.88's, camper special!
        My Jeeps...
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Hi, I installed the system in my 14 JKUR with 730 NAV. Install wasn't bad, took about 3 hours. The CHMSL works great. The camera is currently not working though. When I try and program with the procal, I get 3 honks not 2 which I believe is a fail or reset. Any ideas? I know I can go to the dealer to have it turned on but don't want to have to spend more money. Kit was expensive enough.

Comment

Picked up a hardtop with extremely dark tinted windows and can barely see when its even daylight. I might get a backup camera and the mirror camera seems like a great compromise. Anyone have any reviews of that version??

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstorm View Post
              Hi, I installed the system in my 14 JKUR with 730 NAV. Install wasn't bad, took about 3 hours. The CHMSL works great. The camera is currently not working though. When I try and program with the procal, I get 3 honks not 2 which I believe is a fail or reset. Any ideas? I know I can go to the dealer to have it turned on but don't want to have to spend more money. Kit was expensive enough.
              Give our tech department a call first... (248) 926-0256 x221
              Matt Feldermann
              Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Ok figured it out. The manual has the incorrect procedure. The procal should be plugged in with the truck off then insert the key and turn 2 clicks to the ignition run (do not start the truck) position. Two horn honks and the radio is programmed.

Comment

Loc Pic

Originally posted by AEV_Matt View Post
                  Give our tech department a call first... (248) 926-0256 x221
                  Will the loc pic work with the AEV rear vision system that's already installed on my 3013 730n?

Comment

2015 jk

Have you tried this on a 2015. The 430n radios have changed to a new model

Comment

Is the camera view through the Nav a clear pic or does it have the back up lines like some of the other cameras i've seen. I do a lot of parallel parking in the city and with a 35" on the AEV tire carrier, lines help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Mine is on a 2012 420: it does not have lines. I love it, though.
                        2012 JKUR 231S
                        2013 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4
                        2013 BMW R1200GS
                        2008 KTM 300XC-W

Comment

I searched and couldn't find an answer to this question. Sorry if I missed it...

Is there any way to program the camera to operate while in Drive? With my 35" tire on the AEV Tire Carrier, I can't see didly in the rear view mirror. Plus, when I pull my kayak, I can't see what's going on back there at all, like a flat, is something blowing around, etc. Sure would be helpful if I could operate the camera while moving forward!

Comment

Originally posted by Caretaker View Post
                            I searched and couldn't find an answer to this question. Sorry if I missed it...

Is there any way to program the camera to operate while in Drive? With my 35" tire on the AEV Tire Carrier, I can't see didly in the rear view mirror. Plus, when I pull my kayak, I can't see what's going on back there at all, like a flat, is something blowing around, etc. Sure would be helpful if I could operate the camera while moving forward!
                            The AEV Rear Vision System will only turn-on if the vehicle is in reverse and does not have a provision to be turned on while the vehicle is in motion.
                            Matt Feldermann
                            Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

OK. What a shame! I was hoping to route it to a toggle switch like the light on the tire carrier. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

JK Rear Vision w/ Lockpick

I may have missed the answer to this question in the posts, but couldn't find a definitive answer. Has anyone installed the JK Rear Vision system with the Lockpick already being used or found a way to utilize it with the Lockpick system (splicing, etc)?

Comment

Working...
                                X