This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please contact us: Bumper corrosion issue

I sent my pics to AEV and received the repair kit. Kit includes items needed to remove rust, a sealant that is applied to the seam, and touch up paint. Before and after pics -
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403635917.450540.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	178727Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403635930.230955.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	178728
    Last edited by Daveh; 06-24-2014, 01:56 PM.
    2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

thanks!! is it possible to get this "preventive"?

Sent via my bongo drums...
      2013 Triple White JKUR CRD (2.8 VM Motori DIESEL), AEV 3.5" SC, Argent Pintlers, 35x12,5 Cooper STT, JW Speaker Evo2, Hot Head Headliners, AEV front and rear bumper with tire carrier, RR wich with synthetic rope (hidden install), Webasto diesel heater, sPOD, custom dual battery setup, backup camera, GOBI stealth, James Baroud Tent...

Comment

Re

I did the repair too. It was relatively quick. The AEV paint blends well to where you do not have to paint the entire bumper.
        Before and after.
        Attached Files

Comment

Since you have done the repair on the tubeless bumper, and my kit will be here today...how far down the seam did you go towards the center?
          Jeff

2013 Sahara
          AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

I went all the way to the center on both sides. I then made sure the seal continued under the winch blank off plate. There is plenty of sealant to do two bumpers. I also used a bath tub caulk tool from Home Depot to make a nice uniform seam. The tool it like $3 and it much better than a finger (IMHO).
            Last edited by reid443; 06-26-2014, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reid443 View Post
              I went all the way to the center on both sides. I then made sure the seal continued under the winch blank off plate. There is plenty of sealant to do two bumpers. I also used a bath tub caulk tool from Home Depot to make a nice uniform seam. The tool it like $3 and it much better than a finger (IMHO).
              I have the same caulk tool here, I might use that as well, thanks for the tips. I don't have the block off plate since I have a winch so I'll just carry it to the center.
              Jeff

2013 Sahara
              AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

re

Make sure you check under the seam where the blank off plate/winch opening should be. I went underneath and confirmed a seal.

Another tip: If you use that tool after you have your seal sealed use the long flat edge to give you a smooth finish of the excess for a smooth blend.

Comment

Here is my project with a AEV Tubless Front Bumper. The kit works great. The integrity of AEV is like no other company. Thank you Dave Harriton.
                  Thanks Corey Rider for the kit!

Last edited by James04; 02-10-2015, 08:05 PM.
                  Ram 2500 Reg. Cab
                  08 JKU

Comment

My 2013 Jeep Moab has the rust problem. Jeep painted it once and now I have to go see them again as it is rusting again. I hope they know about your product. Maybe they will fix it this time. They were going to put a new bumper on but when they saw the price it was like a comedy routine they went nuts and painted it. Thanks Ron in New Jersey
                    Attached Files

Comment

Powder coat issue

What do I need to do to fix my issue before it gets worse? I have 14,500 miles on mine. No salt and garaged. I will say before it was lifted I ran it through the car wash.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have the same thing going on with mine. I will need to get you guys some pictures.

Comment

Customer Service

I have had a horrible experience with AEV's customer service. I have contacted them 3 times and always get a promise of a call back and nothing. Even left 2 messages after being transferred to the tech who handles bumper issues. I would keep that in mind if you purchase or are thinking of purchasing from them.

Comment

Originally posted by campbell2209 View Post
                            I have had a horrible experience with AEV's customer service. I have contacted them 3 times and always get a promise of a call back and nothing. Even left 2 messages after being transferred to the tech who handles bumper issues. I would keep that in mind if you purchase or are thinking of purchasing from them.
                            That seems odd for AEV, did you contact Corey? He has taken great care of everyone I have sent his way with corrosion issues.
                            OK4WD Since '79
                            New Jersey's Authorized AEV Dealer

2015 Unlimited Rubicon
                            2014 RAM 3500
                            2007 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

Have you tried shooting him an email?
                              crider@aev-conversions
                              2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

Sorry if I some how missed a call from you Campbell2209. I try my best to make sure everyone is taken care as quickly as I can. Just shoot me an email with your address and a few pictures. Then I can get you a kit right out.

Typically for rusty bumper issues it's always better to email me. If you do call I will ask for an email too. Just make sure you send pictures, when and where you bought the bumper and your address. I keep a file of all of them so we can go through them with engineering.

Also if anyone ever has any questions or needs some advise on the repair, please shoot me over an email.

Corey
                                crider@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Working...
                                X