This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by campbell2209 View Post
    I have had a horrible experience with AEV's customer service. I have contacted them 3 times and always get a promise of a call back and nothing. Even left 2 messages after being transferred to the tech who handles bumper issues. I would keep that in mind if you purchase or are thinking of purchasing from them.
    You might want to check with other manufactures to see what their corrosion/coating warranty is. There isn't another one out there that will do ANYTHING to cover their coating. AEV goes above and beyond for their customers! I won't buy anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by 2trackjeeper View Post
      You might want to check with other manufactures to see what their corrosion/coating warranty is. There isn't another one out there that will do ANYTHING to cover their coating. AEV goes above and beyond for their customers! I won't buy anything else.
      Perfectly said!
      OK4WD Since '79
      New Jersey's Authorized AEV Dealer

2015 Unlimited Rubicon
      2014 RAM 3500
      2007 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

I've seen many companies now shipping bumpers in bare metal because they don't want to warranty a powder coating they didn't do in house. They leave it up to the end user to how they want to finish it.

Sent via smoke signals

Comment

Originally posted by 2trackjeeper View Post
          What manufacturers ?????????????? Aftermarket maybe ??????????? Have a bumper from Ford with that issue and you're getting it fixed or a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead5 View Post
            What manufacturers ?????????????? Aftermarket maybe ??????????? Have a bumper from Ford with that issue and you're getting it fixed or a new one.
            Of course aftermarket!!! What do you think AEV is?????????????????????? DUH!!!

Comment

I get that but these bumpers have come from the Jeep factory on certain vehicles . Moab , MW3 .

Whole different ball game there on warranty coverage . DUH !!!

Comment

I get that but these bumpers have come from the Jeep factory on certain vehicles . Moab , MW3 .

If they came from the factory then it's a Jeep warranty issue not an AEV warranty issue.

Comment

Correct. On the Jeeps bought with these bumpers from the factory it would fall under Chryslers warranty where they don't need to do anything unless it rusts through (hole through the bumper) in 10 years/100,000 miles.
                  Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                  4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

I fixed my rusty bumper!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just sent an email to hopefully get these rust spots fixed on my 2012.

Comment

Have you seen any responses lately? I just sent an email as I'm getting a spot on a weld and the PA winter hasn't seen a need for salt just yet, but it's bound to happen sometime.

Comment

I ended up line-x'ing my entire bumper. It looks great. I'm in St. Louis; if anyone wants to trade me the bumper with the hoop for my hoopless, mine is perfect. It's from a 2012 and I bought the bumper in 2013. Not a single spot of rust on it anywhere, THAT I can ensure, ha!!

Comment

Front Bumper Restoration Kit

I received the tracking number for my restoration kit, thanks Corey! Can't Beat the customer service or quality of product than AEV! Loyal fan and customer!

Comment

Received my restoration kit thanks again!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Changes have been made to address this on bumpers made more recently.[/QUOTE]

I'm about to place an order through an authorized dealer, how can I be absolutely sure I get one that has been produced to the new production method. I definitely don't want to buy a new bumper and have this issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X