Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very important information for 5.7L/6.4L AEV HEMI JK Owners: WCM Flash Update

Chrysler currently has a flash update for the WCM (Wireless Control Module) on the JK Wrangler that will activate when the dealership diagnostic tools are plugged into the Jeep. It is not necessary to complete this update on AEV HEMI JK’s. If this flash is completed on an AEV HEMI equipped JK, the vehicle will be disabled and will not run. DO NOT REFLASH THE WCM OR PCM ON ANY AEV HEMI'S.

There is currently no definitive fix for vehicles that have been re-flashed. If your vehicle actually needs a new WCM, please contact AEV’s Tech dept BEFORE doing anything.

For any questions or concerns, please contact the AEV Tech Dept at 248-926-0256 x2.
    Matt Feldermann
    Marketing Manager, AEV

Matt, does this affect all year JK's, or only a certain range?
    Jeff

2013 Sahara
    AEV 2.5 XT lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, argent Pintlers, 315/70/17 Duratracs

Comment

Originally posted by jwilson2598 View Post
      Matt, does this affect all year JK's, or only a certain range?
      At this time, consider it all HEMI’s. The issue here is voluntary updates, if there is nothing wrong with your WCM, do not reflash it without contacting AEV first.
      Matt Feldermann
      Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Good to know Matt, thanks.
        2012 JK 2 Door 2.5" AEV lift/ Fuel Hostage17 x 9 wheels, with Nitto 295x70 x 17 Tires. Warn Vr8000, Elite Bumper, LOD rear bumper, Teraflex tire carrier. Wife's Jeep!

My Jeep. 2014 JKU, 6.4L Hemi AEV kit, 2.5" AEV lift, 35" Duratrac's. Gen Right aluminum bumpers, Warn VR 8000 winch. Pro Rock 44.

Comment

Is this still an issue?? What if I need work that can only be completed by a dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by jester116th View Post
            Is this still an issue?? What if I need work that can only be completed by a dealer?
            Just as a precaution, if you have a JK with an AEV HEMI conversion and need to take it to a non-AEV Certified Dealership for service, it is a good idea to have the dealership contact the AEV Tech Dept at 248-926-0256 x2 before doing anything.
            Matt Feldermann
            Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Thank you very much for your response! Will do. Where can I find a list of AEV certified dealerships?

Comment

Matt, my 2014 JK is having an issue with the keyless entry (locking and unlocking) not working about 50-70% of the time. Would this be covered by the WCM? My JK does have the AEV 5.7L HEMI, but had the problem prior to the HEMI too.

Thanks, Ben
                Ben Hedrick
                www.BenHedrick.com
                HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
                2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
                2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
                2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
                2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
                2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
                2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
                2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Hedrick View Post
                  Matt, my 2014 JK is having an issue with the keyless entry (locking and unlocking) not working about 50-70% of the time. Would this be covered by the WCM? My JK does have the AEV 5.7L HEMI, but had the problem prior to the HEMI too.

Thanks, Ben
                  Honestly Ben, I am probably not the best person to ask in regard to that issue. I would run that one past Eric in our Tech Department - (248) 926-0256 x221. I wish I could answer that for you, but I don't want to give you the wrong information.
                  Matt Feldermann
                  Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Originally posted by jester116th View Post
                    Thank you very much for your response! Will do. Where can I find a list of AEV certified dealerships?
                    You're very welcome! You can view our complete AEV Certified Dealership network on our website here: http://www.aev-conversions.com/deale...le-dealerships

Our conversions are designed to be serviceable by any Jeep dealership, but there are just a few things that they need to know prior to doing so. As a safety precaution we always encourage the service department to contact our Tech Department prior to hooking up any equipment.
                    Matt Feldermann
                    Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Originally posted by AEV_Matt View Post
                      Honestly Ben, I am probably not the best person to ask in regard to that issue. I would run that one past Eric in our Tech Department - (248) 926-0256 x221. I wish I could answer that for you, but I don't want to give you the wrong information.
                      Thank you Matt, I'll buzz Eric today.

Ben
                      Ben Hedrick
                      www.BenHedrick.com
                      HEDRICK Speedsports

"Ive got a Jeep problem"
                      2007 5.7L HEMI Sahara Unlimited - Sold
                      2010 6.1L HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                      2011 6.4L (392) HEMI Rubicon Unlimited - Sold
                      2002 4.0L AEV Brute - Sold
                      2003 6.4L "Stroker" HEMI AEV Brute - Sold
                      2005 4.0L SC AEV K9 Brute - Sold
                      2014 345 HEMI Rubicon Xpo Adventurer
                      2000 4.0L AEV 112 Long Wheelbase
                      2006 4.0L AEV Brute Rubicon

Comment

Do not reflash the wcm or pcm on any aev hemi's

2 1/2 years after the initial post is this still a problem with AEV HEMI conversions?
                        2012 Call of Duty MW3 JKRU

Comment

HEMI Conversions

Originally posted by rockwagon View Post
                          2 1/2 years after the initial post is this still a problem with AEV HEMI conversions?
                          Better said perhaps, is this an unadvertised problem with all JK HEMI conversions?
                          2012 Call of Duty MW3 JKRU

Comment

It is still relevant to older HEMI conversions. We use a custom calibration with our HEMI conversions to allow everything to work as it should. Having your PCM or WCM re-flashed by anyone can wipe out our calibration.

As an extra precaution, we have since added a warning plug on the ODBII port to stop anyone from re-flashing the pcm without first contacting our technical department.
                            Matt Feldermann
                            Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Better said perhaps, is this an unadvertised problem with all JK HEMI conversions?
                              No, we make it very clear when we calibrate a customer's pcm, but sometimes the secondary owner of the vehicle may not understand this when they purchase a used vehicle with a HEMI conversion. To further prevent any accidental reflashing, we now include a warning cap over the OBDII port to deter anyone from reflashing the pcm without first contacting us.
                              Matt Feldermann
                              Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Working...
                              X