Warn Zeon 10s install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1badazzjk350 View Post
    Here is my Zeon 10 S Platinum. Fits great. I really like that you can engage and disengage the clutch right from the wireless remote. [ATTACH]13303[/ATTACH][ATTACH]13304[/ATTACH][ATTACH]13305[/ATTACH][ATTACH]13306[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you had any issues with that little plug on the back of the winch? The one that is pressed into the grill slat? I just installed mine and I have the same issue with that plug.

Comment

How did you know where to cut the plastic filler panel? Is there a template somewhere, or did you just swag it?
      2015 JK / 2.5" AEV lift w/ Geo Brackets / Nitto 285/75r17 Terra G2s / some other stuff

Comment

I just "swagged" it... I actually cut too much off but you can't tell unless you get right on top of it and look closely. If it ever gets to bothering me too much, I'll replace it but you have to take the whole thing apart to get to it so... I just chopped off everything except the solid end pieces and along the vent holes that are there from the factory. Basically cut out all of the corrugated part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Does anyone else have issues with the finish on the warn hawse failead? Mine is pealing up and oxidized after 1 north eastern winter. I am going to see if I can smooth down the finish on my next day off. Otherwise I'm removing it as I don't want it causing unneeded wear on my synthetic line.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyAEV View Post
            Does anyone else have issues with the finish on the warn hawse failead? Mine is pealing up and oxidized after 1 north eastern winter. I am going to see if I can smooth down the finish on my next day off. Otherwise I'm removing it as I don't want it causing unneeded wear on my synthetic line.
            Unfortunately the salt and magnesium chloride mixtures we all know very well in the snow belt wear down on many parts very quickly. You could sand the surface down and repaint the fairlead with a durable but smooth top coat.
            Chris Holt
            Marketing Associate, AEV
            248-926-0256 x272
            cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
              Unfortunately the salt and magnesium chloride mixtures we all know very well in the snow belt wear down on many parts very quickly. You could sand the surface down and repaint the fairlead with a durable but smooth top coat.

Yeah, that is what I figured. I think I'm going to take this opportunity to paint it black to match my bumper.

Comment

Working...
              X