BFG AT KO2 37x12.5r17s with 3.5 and 4.10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red Lobster View Post
    The 37" on a stock rim looks pretty good. How does it ride on the road?
    Similar to the 35s but the steering feels heavier. That might be the new ball joints more than the tires though. The ride is a little smoother.
    2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

• I just did the switch to the 37" KO2's. I'm curious has anyone changed settings with their ProCal after installing these since they are so close to a true 35"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whodey78 View Post
        I just did the switch to the 37" KO2's. I'm curious has anyone changed settings with their ProCal after installing these since they are so close to a true 35"?
        Every time I switch tires I re-measure and recalibrate the speedometer, and take a few passes by the local police radar sign that lets me know how fast I am going and adjust as needed.
        Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
        4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whodey78 View Post
          I just did the switch to the 37" KO2's. I'm curious has anyone changed settings with their ProCal after installing these since they are so close to a true 35"?
          Yeah, I changed mine to 35.5 diameter. Seems to ahve worked. Although it does tend to stay around 1300 rpm when it shouldn't. Regear in the future but it's not too bad with 4.10s.

Comment

• Yes as others have said....I used a gps to get speedo to match. Mine settled at 36" and seems close. Shifts well and doesn't do too bad up the pass. Happy with swap

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanhalo

This was my assumption as well.
              Would these 37"'s run with my 2.5" AEV & Pintlers ?
              2007 Sahara 4.10 2.8CRD 6sp manual
              Running light
              Stock plastic bumpers / side steps and currently running 315/70/17 Duratracs (34.25") for the last 6 years and only had to trim the plastic air dam slightly

Comment

• Originally posted by RLT View Post

Would these 37"'s run with my 2.5" AEV & Pintlers ?
                2007 Sahara 4.10 2.8CRD 6sp manual
                Running light
                Stock plastic bumpers / side steps and currently running 315/70/17 Duratracs (34.25") for the last 6 years and only had to trim the plastic air dam slightly
                You would likely have to flex it out and extend the bump stops, and trim the pinch seam on a 2007.
                Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

• Hello,

New to the site, new to actual jeeping. Have JKUR I have the AEV 4.5" in the boxes, ready to install. Looking at getting the Quadratec hard rock wheels and can't decide between 35s and 37s. I do plan to DD this 80% of its life, but it will see trails I New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jchaver View Post
                    Hello,

New to the site, new to actual jeeping. Have JKUR I have the AEV 4.5" in the boxes, ready to install. Looking at getting the Quadratec hard rock wheels and can't decide between 35s and 37s. I do plan to DD this 80% of its life, but it will see trails I New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.
                    In my opinion 35’s on a 4.5” lift would make the tires look a little too small or lift too tall. That being said, if you go that route, and if you have 4.10 gears I think that would be a nice driving set up. I have BFG 37’s on the 4.5RS as a DD and weekend trail rig, I tried it for a bit on 4.10’s and it did pretty well, but I eventually re geared to 4.88 and it drives almost like stock now. For what it’s worth BFG’s tend to run a little smaller and lighter than some other brands, so their 37’s are like a large 35. That was good for me as I didn’t want a real heavy tire.

Comment

• For street use, 4.88 is good enough. I went with 5.13 for off-road performance. I'm running general grabber at2. I noticed better response on road immediately.

Comment

• Thanks for the help!

Comment

• I finally switched to 4.88 gears. It's not a night and day difference but there's way less downshifting on the highway.

Comment

• Originally posted by klausvanwinkle View Post
                            I finally switched to 4.88 gears. It's not a night and day difference but there's way less downshifting on the highway.
                            What speed do you normally drive on the highway? What rpms? 3.6L?

Comment

• Originally posted by spag View Post

What speed do you normally drive on the highway? What rpms? 3.6L?
                              70-75mph 2800 RPM-ish.

Comment

• This is quite the impressive thread going here. I have read the information in this a couple times in my search for the lift and tires. Great stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X