No announcement yet.

Noise from Tire Carrier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had nothing but problems with my tire carrier. My sound is more of a creek than a rattle. It rattles all over town so fair to say it's really bad off road. I am regretting my purchase at this point. I have tried most of the recommended fixes on youtube and this site.

Comment

Good info in this thread, about to install mine this weekend!
      2013 Unlimited Rubicon
      Auto, 4.10, ARB On-board air, Goodyear DuraTrac 285/70/17 on AEV Pintlers, sPod w/Aeroforce, Rigid D2's, Vector JKE Dock, AEV 2.5" lift, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, ARB rear bumper. Superwinch EPi9.0s, Hella 500FF, Dual Batteries, Gobi Stealth

SOLD -2010 Unlimited Sport

Comment

Originally posted by cmoxokla View Post
        I have had nothing but problems with my tire carrier. My sound is more of a creek than a rattle. It rattles all over town so fair to say it's really bad off road. I am regretting my purchase at this point. I have tried most of the recommended fixes on youtube and this site.
        Are you sure its the carrier .... I dont have one but always used to get a rattle from behind but turned out to be the back seat latches.
        Folded them down no more rattle
        Don't know if they are adjustable, been meaning to put some thick grease there but now I know its not the gate it can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by cmoxokla View Post
          I have had my carrier for five years and never a problem and have not had to adjust it at all. Almost sounds like something is wrong with the install....like in the area of the saddle block. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X