AEV JL Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV JL Discussion

Welcome to the new forum sub-thread on the 2018+ JL Wrangler. Our team has been working non-stop to design and engineer parts for the JL platform, but we would also like to hear from our customers and fans!

What parts would you like to see AEV produce for the new JL Wrangler?
    Chris Holt
    Marketing Associate, AEV
    248-926-0256 x272
    cholt@aev-conversions.com

I mentioned this on FB already, Hemi swap for sure and please with the manual option. Sad that you did not offer that anymore on the JK. Hope it returns for the JL. Also If chrysler brings the JT, maybe a stretched version of that with a longer bed? 6 foot bed maybe?
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

I have a feeling that with the Rubicon's fenders being able to fit a 35 with no lift, 37s and maybe 40s are going to start being the new go to. I would definitely say Tire Carrier that goes to the frame. Also a fuel caddy for diesel when that engine is released next year.

Comment

A steel expedition grade wheel.
        "Dont wish for it,work for it."
        2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

I'm definitely curious how a front bumper design might turn out, considering the difference in fender height between the Rubicon and Sahara/Sport models. It seems it would necessitate either a change in design philosophy, two different bumpers or something that somehow works with both, maybe like the forum user here that spaced their AEV bumper out 1" to align with the Mopar High Top Flares and 40's on his BDC.
          Ian
          2005 LJ
          1952 Dunbar Kapple M100 1/4 Ton Trailer

Comment

I would like to see a 2" lift with springs to handle extra weight. It appears 35s will fit with no lift, but I'd like to improve the approach and break over angles and gain a stock fender clearance look when running a 35. Looking forward to seeing JL product updates.
            2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

Is the JT bed expected to resemble the Brute?

Comment

Originally posted by SKT View Post

Is the JT bed expected to resemble the Brute?

That is our best guess from seeing spy shots. We won't know until we see one!
                Chris Holt
                Marketing Associate, AEV
                248-926-0256 x272
                cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Hemi's for sure!

AEV Premium bumpers. Would love to see a design where It can be shortened for crawling and full width for road use.

Wheels and beadlocks

AEV snorkel. The one on the Mopar jeep looks real ugly. i'm not sure I like the lines of the Mopar. They added a weird looking plastic halfway not so hot.

Roof racks. I think for most of us, we would like it to look somewhat classic in design. Strong and tubes going down the sides. These tubes can double as attachments for lights and other accessories.

I would like to see a water pump with quick release fittings. We've done this so many times for customers. We stock Shurflow on demand pumps just for that application.

2.5 or 3.0 body bypass shocks with in cab damping control (this could be your desert suspension/High performance kit). with the shocks being rebuild-able (2.5 Fox DSC is an amazing candidate)

Heat reduction hood.

Seat covers but please offer a lot of colors this time. We love the material, but the color choices are somewhat limited.

Suspension kit EXP-HD consisting of heavy rate springs and possibly rear load airbags that are inflatable?

Switch system like the one found in the Ram. 4 switches are no where near enough with today's market needs.

Replacement fuel tanks - high capacity. Packaging issue? Aux fuel tank that utilizes the exhaust space.

AEV duffel bags to work with the Jeep rear seat attachments. Offered in the factory interior colors/ AEV new seat covers.

Drawer system! please please please make these.

4 Wheel Station
                  AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia
                  Address: 4392 Al Urubah Branch Rd, Ar Raid, Riyadh
                  Phone: 0096654 504 5066

Comment

I'm very happy with all the AEV JK goodies on my Jeep and hope similar versions appear for the JL.

Other things that I'd like to see:

•Additional potable water storage: either as an option instead of gas/diesel for tire carrier or Rotopax mount

•Additional tire carrier tool mounts: chainsaw, Maxtrax, etc

•Rack: awning mounting options covering everything from a Alu-Cab Shadow awning to ARB. Perhaps an option for black?

Thanks guys!

Comment

heated AND cooled seats
                      2-door pickup (JT)
                      More traybed variants
                      J8 - with leaf springs of course
                      Better headlights (not Deltas)
                      Better offroad lights (not IPF)
                      Front AND Rear Cameras
                      More bed rack options
                      Simple top light bar mounts
                      AEV fenders & sliders

Comment

Originally posted by m(a)ce View Post
                        I'm very happy with all the AEV JK goodies on my Jeep and hope similar versions appear for the JL.

Other things that I'd like to see:

•Additional potable water storage: either as an option instead of gas/diesel for tire carrier or Rotopax mount

•Additional tire carrier tool mounts: chainsaw, Maxtrax, etc

•Rack: awning mounting options covering everything from a Alu-Cab Shadow awning to ARB. Perhaps an option for black?

Thanks guys!
                        Maxtrax mounting on a tire carrier would be sweet! We can kinda make them work with the current design but it requires some drilling and a hi-lift.

Comment

I would love to see a modular front bumper (like the Ram) with a few different hoop options (bull bar, low profile, no hoop) along with different ends for the Rubicon/Non-Rubicon, or fog options. I would also like to see the rear bumper similar to the current JK rear bumper.
                          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                          4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

This is great, hopefully you will have the options all figured out for when I decide to get a newer JKUR350!

my 2 cents;
                            1) an option to have the hood come with a flat clear coat on the bump in the middle of the hood.
                            2) some type of cap tether for the water tank cap, kind of like what comes on the gas cap.
                            3) the back up light switch connected to a factory looking switch, similar to the heated seat button or SPOD option that looks integrated into the interior.
                            4) cooled seats.
                            5) Maxtrax holder option on the rear bumper.
                            6) rock rails that have a little flare out to them to help stop some of the rocks from flying up all over the fenders when driving.
                            7) better paint to hold up better against the liquid salt they use where I live.
                            8) something to prevent the passenger side rear sag.
                            9) a shovel that is already sized appropriately for the tailgate holder, the one I got gets in the way of the windshield wiper, now I have to buy another one that fits and not sure which one to get.
                            10) a raised floor slide box for the rear, similar to what comes in the ram.

Thank you Chris for asking us!

Comment

I just posted this on the other JL thread, but PLEASE continue to offer the Savegre Wheel in Black !! Really my only request ! Not sure why you guys stopped offering the Argent and Silver (I'm guessing based on demand.....) I know it seems minor, but my build is not for a few years, BUT I GOTTA have those on my AEV JLUR !

Comment

Working...
                              X