No announcement yet.

AEV JL Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+standradized hardware and BETTER installation instructions with accompanying videos.

Comment

Personally I hope that AEV doesn't change much, just adapts to the new JL platform......I've always loved what AEV has done. I do not own an AEV Jeep.....I was waiting for the new JL, but knew that I wanted one from the first time I saw one....I'm all for improving things, such as making things stronger and/or easier. Adding components that may have been overlooked or not thought of originally are also great ideas (as many have posted), but just don't stray too far off from what we ALL clearly love !

Comment

Now that the JLs are starting to hit the streets, how long until we start seeing the AEV JL products?

Any concerns on the competition from the Mopar JL performance parts?

Comment

Originally posted by SKT View Post

Now that the JLs are starting to hit the streets, how long until we start seeing the AEV JL products?

Any concerns on the competition from the Mopar JL performance parts?

Parts will start to trickle out throughout the year, with the easier parts coming first, like wheels most likely.

We are focused on what we have done for over 20 years. We are confident in our abilities as a company to come out with products that our customer will love.
          Chris Holt
          Marketing Associate, AEV
          248-926-0256 x272
          cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

just loved my AEV 2.5 xt with geo brackets, JK was like a sports car and no sag under load.....loved the Salta's as well.....the best....waiting impatiently......JLUR should be delivered end of month...let the games begin....
            2012 JKUR All Silver (Fenders and Top), AEV 2.5" lift, 285/75r17 KM2's, AEV front premium bumper, AEV rear bumper and tire carrier, stock wheels with 1.5" spidertrax spacers...

Comment

Just thinking with a keyboard in front me: The JK had a wheelbase of 116" and the BDC conversion extended that 23" so 139" wheelbase. The JL current wheelbase is 118.4 -perhaps the JT wheelbase will be somewhere between the current BDC wheelbase of 139" to 141.4"?

Comment

- lighter Tubeless bumper
                - tire Carrier that goes to the frame like on JK
                - high fenders with wide enough to cover the tires
                - rock rails with flare like step (protect from flying stone and mud)
                - solid roof rack for roof tent wo cargo platform (only with 2 cross member), for both (2+4dr)
                - suspension kit with heavy rate springs
                - uderbody additional fuel tank
                - snorkel
                - switch system (panel, relay, fuses)
                - drawer system
                - additional LED lights
                - seat covers for seat with side airbags

Comment

When do you think AEV will have a JL lift kit available?

Comment

I was told by someone who claims he has inside information that the bumpers would be released in 8 months.

Comment

When will the Roof Rack roll bar brackets be ready for the JLU Rubicon? I am assuming that the stantions and Pioneer Platform will not have to be redesigned.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post
                        I was told by someone who claims he has inside information that the bumpers would be released in 8 months.
                        A lot of JL questions were discussed in our January Live Stream on Facebook and Instagram. There is no definite timeline. Our bumpers are definitely on the complex side of the aftermarket where it takes a lot more time to design, engineer, tool. prototype and produce the parts to make them mesh with the JL like it came from the factory.
                        Chris Holt
                        Marketing Associate, AEV
                        248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Originally posted by TIDALWAVE View Post
                          When will the Roof Rack roll bar brackets be ready for the JLU Rubicon? I am assuming that the stantions and Pioneer Platform will not have to be redesigned.
                          There will definitely be a redesign. The sport bar (roll cage) on the interior of the JL is more narrow than that of the JK so that is definitely something that will need to be addressed.
                          Chris Holt
                          Marketing Associate, AEV
                          248-926-0256 x272

Comment

How about using the longer wheelbase of the JT for an Outpost III. A cab closeout to make a single cab with a walk through like the Outpost II. Little to no overhang behind the rear wheels. HD spring kit. You could leave the entry door where it is on the Outpost II and the added length could be on the front of the camper portion. Sorry, sitting in a Dunkin Donuts on the road while my wife shops so I had some free time to dream LOL. Keeping the Outpost as a unit with no tent portion like the original Earthroamer Jeeps means it would be much easier to heat and be much more useable for things like backcoutry skiing or towing a sled to the hills.
                            Ward
                            Last edited by Ward; 02-19-2018, 11:58 AM. Reason: More ideas LOL
                            2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
                            2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
                            2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
                            2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
                              A steel expedition grade wheel.
                              Heck, I would like to see this for both the JL and the Ram 2500/3500. I think it would sell like hotcakes personally.

Comment

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I would really like to see a big brake upgrade, at least on the 5.7 and 6.4 conversions. I loved my 6.4 and just adore my new 5.7 that I picked up a couple of days ago. Both are JK350s and have everything on them that I could ask for, but with that extra power and torque, I think these big rigs definitely need some beefed up stopping power particularly for on-road use (Brembo perhaps, borrowed from the SRT/Trackhawk Cherokees?). Would love to see a brake package offered alongside the full packages you put out. Thanks!
                                2014 Fire Cracker Red Rubicon JK350 w/6.4 Hemi and 37s (Sold, will have another soon)
                                2016 Nissan GT-R Premium Solid Red with Armytrix Racing Exhaust and Y-Pipe
                                2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo Basalt Black
                                2017 VW Golf R Oryx White
                                2013 Rubicon Unlimited with many AEV upgrades (Sold)
                                2016 F-150 Supercrew 3.5 Ecoboost 4x4 Ingot Silver
                                Other goodies

Comment

Working...
                                X