AEV JL Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6fourHemi View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I would really like to see a big brake upgrade, at least on the 5.7 and 6.4 conversions. I loved my 6.4 and just adore my new 5.7 that I picked up a couple of days ago. Both are JK350s and have everything on them that I could ask for, but with that extra power and torque, I think these big rigs definitely need some beefed up stopping power particularly for on-road use (Brembo perhaps, borrowed from the SRT/Trackhawk Cherokees?). Would love to see a brake package offered alongside the full packages you put out. Thanks!
    We do offer a big brake package currently! We work closely with Dynatrac and have put their brakes of many builds over the past couple years. If you are looking for extra stopping power, I strongly consider picking up their ProGrip system.

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...or-jk-wrangler
    Chris Holt
    Marketing Associate, AEV
    248-926-0256 x272
    cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post

We do offer a big brake package currently! We work closely with Dynatrac and have put their brakes of many builds over the past couple years. If you are looking for extra stopping power, I strongly consider picking up their ProGrip system.

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...or-jk-wrangler
      Thanks a lot. Not sure how I was unaware of this!
      2014 Fire Cracker Red Rubicon JK350 w/6.4 Hemi and 37s (Sold, will have another soon)
      2016 Nissan GT-R Premium Solid Red with Armytrix Racing Exhaust and Y-Pipe
      2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo Basalt Black
      2017 VW Golf R Oryx White
      2013 Rubicon Unlimited with many AEV upgrades (Sold)
      2016 F-150 Supercrew 3.5 Ecoboost 4x4 Ingot Silver
      Other goodies

Comment

Please bring the black Salta to the JL and please expedite your lifts for the JL...I own a JLUR and want to move forward ASAP
        Last edited by river; 02-23-2018, 10:10 PM.
        2012 JKUR All Silver (Fenders and Top), AEV 2.5" lift, 285/75r17 KM2's, AEV front premium bumper, AEV rear bumper and tire carrier, stock wheels with 1.5" spidertrax spacers...

Comment

Originally posted by river View Post
          Please bring the black Salta to the JL and please expedite your lifts for the JL...I own a JLUR and want to move forward ASAP
          have you looked at the mopar 2" lift? pretty nice price and allows you to run 37's on a jl rubi. if AEV comes out with a better one you could recoup a fair amount of your money by reselling it.
          On another note do you know the actual backspacing on the JL rims?

Comment

I am in process of order a JLU Rubi. When will you have Pintlers (satin/flat black) available? I've had a set on my last two JK's and love them. Thanks!

Comment

I intend to stay with a more overlanding rig. Throwing in a request for a minimal lift setup that will allow me to run stock or just above like a 285/75 17 tire but with better suspension, really don't want a large lift...just better suspension...better handling etc....
              2012 JKUR All Silver (Fenders and Top), AEV 2.5" lift, 285/75r17 KM2's, AEV front premium bumper, AEV rear bumper and tire carrier, stock wheels with 1.5" spidertrax spacers...

Comment

I am original owner of an AEV '99 Jeep TJ short wheel base. I can hardly wait for AEV to make another fantastic turn-key upgrade to the 2018 wrangler.

One thing I would absolutely love for AEV to do if Jeep won't do it (and it doesn't look like they will) is to mate a manual transmission to the diesel and turbo 4 option for the new wrangler. Jeeps are one of the few vehicles left to offer a manual and in my opinion there is no better connection between driver and vehicle whether on-road or off-road.

Comment

Originally posted by 99SWBTJ View Post
                  I am original owner of an AEV '99 Jeep TJ short wheel base. I can hardly wait for AEV to make another fantastic turn-key upgrade to the 2018 wrangler.

One thing I would absolutely love for AEV to do if Jeep won't do it (and it doesn't look like they will) is to mate a manual transmission to the diesel and turbo 4 option for the new wrangler. Jeeps are one of the few vehicles left to offer a manual and in my opinion there is no better connection between driver and vehicle whether on-road or off-road.
                  Yeah I like my manual 2.8CRD Got a JK 3.6L auto as a courtesy vehicle from the dealers for 3 days.. OK but thirsty
                  After I got mine back I was reminded / surprised how much more 'guts' it had in comparison, when going back home up the steep hill.

Comment

Originally posted by RF2200 View Post

The front bumper will almost certainly be modular like the Ram and ZR2 concept with different end options outside the frame rails as opposed to a single stamped unit as in the past. AEV should address the features on the JL which are sure to be hated by a large number of new JL owners. This would start with the mandatory ESS feature. True disabling of the ESS (allowing for the vehicle to remember to default to last saved setting on startup) would insure a huge demand for the ProCal. The most popular drivetrain modification is almost surely a manual transmission with the diesel. I think the steel wheel idea would be a great business decision for AEV. Good margins and there really isn't a 'premium' steel wheel option in the market. My recommendation is to 1) utilize a superior alloy steel 2) utilize a nitride coating (nitriding) for superior corrosion resistance and durability. The sell on steel wheels is all about durability and risk avoidance. The benchmark for steel wheel design would have to be the Land Rover Wolf steel wheel or my personal favorite - the nakatanenga 16x8 steel wheel which is a take on the original tubed wheels from the Series Land Rovers. Those things just fly off their shelves. They can't ever seem to keep them in stock.

https://www.nakatanenga.de/en/vehicl...rim-8x16?c=313

I also see potential value in a collaboration between AEV and Hutchinson. They both make premium products in America. I would love to see an AEV version of the WA-0604 for the JL. I know it would be expensive but a good beadlock is expensive and the internal double beadlock is superior to a single external beadlock. The WA-0604 is different from the traditional wheels that Hutchinson makes for civilians as it was actually designed for up-armored Defenders and has a load rating of 3,415 pounds vs 2,300 pounds for their JK wheel. I think the design would be a hit as well. The Black Rhino fake beadlock wheel has been a big success for them and shows that people want the aesthetic of the double beadlock wheel.

Team up with Hutchinson and take the WA-0604 and offer it in a 17x8.5 for jeeps with the 3,415 lb load rating.

http://rockmonsterwheels.com/product...oduct=defender

This collaboration could also help to open up the defense market to AEV which could be a game changer for the company in terms of potential revenue.
                    I have several sets of wheel and tire combinations I use on my JKU. I use Hutchinson, when I’m running my 35’ BFG KM2. This is my technical trail setup, and they are great. I have also used these, when I have Hi probability of damaging tires. I will carry two spares, one wheel/tire, and an additional tire. The Hutchinson’s make it easy to change a tire on the trail. A partnership with AEV and Hutchinson would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by 99SWBTJ View Post
                      One thing I would absolutely love for AEV to do if Jeep won't do it (and it doesn't look like they will) is to mate a manual transmission to the diesel.
                      I would love to see a manual transmission for the 3.0 ecoDiesel, though I have to wonder what transmission exists that can handle the torque..?

-Dan

Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
                      --
                      Follow: Facebook / YouTube
                      --
                      WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

Originally posted by river View Post
                        I intend to stay with a more overlanding rig. Throwing in a request for a minimal lift setup that will allow me to run stock or just above like a 285/75 17 tire but with better suspension, really don't want a large lift...just better suspension...better handling etc....
                        You can fit that size stock on a 2018 Rubicon. 285s were a good overlanding tire size on the JK because they didn't require any 35"-specific mods. But the new Rubicons appear to be engineered around running 35" tires. So 285s probably won't have as much "practical appeal."
                        2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

Originally posted by klausvanwinkle View Post

You can fit that size stock on a 2018 Rubicon. 285s were a good overlanding tire size on the JK because they didn't require any 35"-specific mods. But the new Rubicons appear to be engineered around running 35" tires. So 285s probably won't have as much "practical appeal."
                          The JL Rubicon comes stock with 285/70R17s

-Dan
                          Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
                          --
                          Follow: Facebook / YouTube
                          --
                          WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

For the most part, I would like to see the same amount of options for the JL as we had for the JK.

- On another note, I always thought it would be neat for AEV to get into the pop-up tent market, and by that, I mean a pop-up tent specifically made for a jeep.

Comment

After a thousand miles on my JL Rubicon I have to say wow... It is an amazingly well put together package from the factory, and an accessories line in tune with my needs. I also have a 2016 AEV JKU nearing 10K miles of hard abuse.

So things I would upgrade or change?
                              Front and rear bumpers (AEV style influenced)
                              Rock rails
                              Lift / Tires options at 37" and 40" (heavier rate than mopar, overlanding)
                              Hood (Fake extraction on Rubi hood is lame)
                              Wheels (Love your wheels!)

Also, the gauges and plaque are nice touches. Basically one up FCA.

Comment

Working...
                              X