X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV Chris
    started a topic AEV JL Discussion

AEV JL Discussion

Welcome to the new forum sub-thread on the 2018+ JL Wrangler. Our team has been working non-stop to design and engineer parts for the JL platform, but we would also like to hear from our customers and fans!

What parts would you like to see AEV produce for the new JL Wrangler?

• Daveh
    replied
    Originally posted by JJL View Post
    Many of us JL owners have been discussing AEV parts release for the JL at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...er-parts.6548/

Can an AEV rep please drop in and provide us with updates? Thanks!
    Per the AEV Facebook page, AEV plans to debut their JL at SEMA this fall.

Leave a comment:

• JJL
    replied
    Many of us JL owners have been discussing AEV parts release for the JL at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...er-parts.6548/

Can an AEV rep please drop in and provide us with updates? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• hdtrader
    replied
    Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post

We will never be first to market. We take our time designing, engineering, prototyping, testing, etc to create the best products out there and at the quality we are known for.
    Just purchased a JLUR and I'll wait for AEV products to become available...wheels will be my one of my first purchases.

Leave a comment:

• Nate.Hamm
    replied
    It would be cool to see some concepts of the products that AEV will make for the JL.

Leave a comment:

• AEV Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Jtbolstad View Post
    Any idea when lift kits are going to start being released for the 2018 JL? I know Mopar has one, but the company that is doing to do the lift only uses AEV products so we are waiting for the release? Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Thank y
    We will never be first to market. We take our time designing, engineering, prototyping, testing, etc to create the best products out there and at the quality we are known for.

Leave a comment:

• Jtbolstad
    replied
    Any idea when lift kits are going to start being released for the 2018 JL? I know Mopar has one, but the company that is doing to do the lift only uses AEV products so we are waiting for the release? Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Thank y

Leave a comment:

• Daveh
    replied
    Originally posted by klausvanwinkle View Post

Yeah. So I think he can run 285/75/17s without a lift on the JL.
    A small 35 such as the KO2 will also work in most situations without rubbing on the JL Rubicon. Looks like most owners are choosing to run 37s with only 2 inches of lift.

Leave a comment:

• klausvanwinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Grecy View Post

The JL Rubicon comes stock with 285/70R17s

-Dan
    Yeah. So I think he can run 285/75/17s without a lift on the JL.

Leave a comment:

• nu arty boy
    replied
    Originally posted by 99SWBTJ View Post
    I am original owner of an AEV '99 Jeep TJ short wheel base. I can hardly wait for AEV to make another fantastic turn-key upgrade to the 2018 wrangler.

One thing I would absolutely love for AEV to do if Jeep won't do it (and it doesn't look like they will) is to mate a manual transmission to the diesel and turbo 4 option for the new wrangler. Jeeps are one of the few vehicles left to offer a manual and in my opinion there is no better connection between driver and vehicle whether on-road or off-road.
    This. My tow rig/family hauler is a ‘14 WK2 with the VM 3.0L. Awesome motor but its the first automatic I have ever owned and I miss having that third pedal.

I would also add that it would be nice if you would delete the need for AdBlue/urea without breaking Federal emmissions regulations that would be great!

Leave a comment:

• RSanders
    replied
    After a thousand miles on my JL Rubicon I have to say wow... It is an amazingly well put together package from the factory, and an accessories line in tune with my needs. I also have a 2016 AEV JKU nearing 10K miles of hard abuse.

So things I would upgrade or change?
    Front and rear bumpers (AEV style influenced)
    Rock rails
    Lift / Tires options at 37" and 40" (heavier rate than mopar, overlanding)
    Hood (Fake extraction on Rubi hood is lame)
    Wheels (Love your wheels!)

Also, the gauges and plaque are nice touches. Basically one up FCA.

Leave a comment:

• That yellow jeep
    replied
    For the most part, I would like to see the same amount of options for the JL as we had for the JK.

- On another note, I always thought it would be neat for AEV to get into the pop-up tent market, and by that, I mean a pop-up tent specifically made for a jeep.

Leave a comment:

• Grecy
    replied
    Originally posted by klausvanwinkle View Post

You can fit that size stock on a 2018 Rubicon. 285s were a good overlanding tire size on the JK because they didn't require any 35"-specific mods. But the new Rubicons appear to be engineered around running 35" tires. So 285s probably won't have as much "practical appeal."
    The JL Rubicon comes stock with 285/70R17s

-Dan

Leave a comment:

• klausvanwinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by river View Post
    I intend to stay with a more overlanding rig. Throwing in a request for a minimal lift setup that will allow me to run stock or just above like a 285/75 17 tire but with better suspension, really don't want a large lift...just better suspension...better handling etc....
    You can fit that size stock on a 2018 Rubicon. 285s were a good overlanding tire size on the JK because they didn't require any 35"-specific mods. But the new Rubicons appear to be engineered around running 35" tires. So 285s probably won't have as much "practical appeal."

Leave a comment:

• Grecy
    replied
    Originally posted by 99SWBTJ View Post
    One thing I would absolutely love for AEV to do if Jeep won't do it (and it doesn't look like they will) is to mate a manual transmission to the diesel.
    I would love to see a manual transmission for the 3.0 ecoDiesel, though I have to wonder what transmission exists that can handle the torque..?

-Dan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X