Eurosceptic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurosceptic

Anticipating this part of the Forum very much as it seems that in Europe we will a get a very dull JL even the Rubi might be toned down.......so really counting on AEV to spruce it up.
    Stone White 2012 JK SWB 2.8 Diesel, Pintlers w/beadlock, Cooper ST Maxx 285*70r17, Premium bumper w/un-winchplate, XT dualsport 2.5 lift, drake hold downs...procal in glovebox

Though you will get the export 2.2 turbo diesel which I bet will come with a 6 speed, and I'm thinking it will get better mileage than the 3.0 diesel with the auto...

I'm betting you will be able to get it in the 2 door too.

So there's that.

-Dan
    Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
    --
    Follow: Facebook / YouTube
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Grecy View Post
      Though you will get the export 2.2 turbo diesel which I bet will come with a 6 speed, and I'm thinking it will get better mileage than the 3.0 diesel with the auto...

I'm betting you will be able to get it in the 2 door too.

So there's that.

-Dan
      That motor (2.2) is a nightmare (Fix It Again Tony) come true and will most probably turn into a stealership cashcow!!! The 3.0 (proven) should be interesting in the JL but with a manual.....auto's totally suck in european conditions IMHO and if it lags as bad as the current one with the 2.8 Turbo diesel (0 to 1900 rpms= hello is anyone in there?) on the current JK then its a POS.
      Stone White 2012 JK SWB 2.8 Diesel, Pintlers w/beadlock, Cooper ST Maxx 285*70r17, Premium bumper w/un-winchplate, XT dualsport 2.5 lift, drake hold downs...procal in glovebox

Comment

Originally posted by frenchjk View Post

That motor (2.2) is a nightmare (Fix It Again Tony) come true and will most probably turn into a stealership cashcow!!! The 3.0 (proven) should be interesting in the JL but with a manual.....auto's totally suck in european conditions IMHO and if it lags as bad as the current one with the 2.8 Turbo diesel (0 to 1900 rpms= hello is anyone in there?) on the current JK then its a POS.
        Can you please post more info on the 2.2 they are using in the export vehicles?
        What else is it used it? what are it's specs?
        I have not been able to read much about it, all the coverage is so US-centric.

Thanks!

-Dan
        Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
        --
        --
        WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

The 2.2 Turbo diesel should come from a common plateform found in Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Chrysler vehicles. It is in Current Giulia rated at 180HP for that car. its also found in the Stelvio (suv version od the giulia) bumped to 207 HP That same engine is tuned to 232 ( hp by BR Performance in paris France but certainly with issues.

It Is a ll aluminium block, ugh, here is the RPM/NM chart:

Comment

no manuals anymore in Europe, not even on the JK, all automatic. Sad but true, due to emissions. And the Rubicon has street tires and plastic bumpers. The EU versions suck. Most everyone in Europe that wheels, imports one fron the US! So forget about any of the EU spec Jeeps, they are useless!
            2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Add to that the Rubi will be fulltime 4wd. Possibly CV axles up front too. FCA says they improve braking and thats why they did it. GCC receives Euro spec as well. Really sucks to be honest with you.
              4 Wheel Station
              AEV Dealer Saudi Arabia
              Address: 4392 Al Urubah Branch Rd, Ar Raid, Riyadh
              Phone: 0096654 504 5066

Comment

Here they are Rubi and Sahara.

both with either 20.gas+turbo or 2.2 diesel +turbo

Both with selec trac (rock trac version for Rubi) +auto slushboxes. gahhhh!

or Rubi with optional Rock trac+ manual..

Rubi get 255x75 17 wheels

Sahara get 255x70 18 wheels

and awful huge euro spec bumpers.....

FCA what have you done to our Jeeps?????

Comment

The EU version does look really bad! Not sure why they can´t leave a Jeep like a Jeep. So JL, just like all the ones before -> RUBI 6 Speed US import!
                  2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

And they went with the cv shafts in the knuckles and full auto in the trans mated to the 8spd auto (might get a manual option); to add insult the wheels are smaller and the price is sky high!!! The engines are crappy Fiat things...2.0 gas and 2.2 diesel with adblue....! what where they thinking!

Comment

Can you get the 2.2 diesel with a 6 speed manual?
                      I'm interested in the mileage numbers for that combo.

I'm also interested to know if everywhere in the world will get the 2.2 and ONLY if Canada/USA get the 3.0
                      (Friends in South Africa and Australia are currently not certain)

-Dan
                      --
                      --

Comment

Maybe..... check the swiss jeep website jeep.ch or the german one jeep.de. I know the french one does not contain anything yet. (I know as a fact that there seems to be a whole mix with the 2.2 diesel and the seclect trac or command trac options and the manual or auto tranny...but not sure it will be available everywhere due to emmissions constraints etc.)

Comment

Since more and more cities in Germany are now banning Diesels from driving close to or into the cities, I think at some point there won´t be any Diesels here anymore. Maybe just the shitty 2.0T gas with all auto crap. I was told in the EU, the Rubicon is just an option package, not an offroad version, as you are technically not supposed to go offroad here anyways... hence smaller tires, the same fender flares as the sport and sahara and no steel bumpers, etc... due to environmental reasons! Damn tree huggers! If they keep adding new laws like this, I´ll move to the US or CAN to get away from the freedom robbing BS here in the EU!

Comment

Yep....they are releasing the 2.0 T Gas auto and 2.2 Diesel T ....... at skyhigh price!!!! Will have to look for a way to import from the US...

Comment

Working...
                            X