AEV's JL Debut at SEMA 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV's JL Debut at SEMA 2018

SEMA has come and gone! We received a raving response from show goers and from social media. I wanted to post some pictures here and see what our forum users think of the JL parts. Let me know what you like, what you don't like, what you hope to see, etc!

Chris Holt
    Marketing Associate, AEV
    248-926-0256 x272
    cholt@aev-conversions.com

Chris Holt
    Marketing Associate, AEV
    248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Highlighting the New Holland Blue 2 door JL today! What do you think? - We will be going LIVE later with Matt to do a thorough walk-around of this later...
      Chris Holt
      Marketing Associate, AEV
      248-926-0256 x272

Comment

What do you think of our custom painted 4 door JL with the full width bumper? Get your questions ready for later when we do a short LIVE walk-around to...
        Chris Holt
        Marketing Associate, AEV
        248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
          SEMA has come and gone! We received a raving response from show goers and from social media. I wanted to post some pictures here and see what our forum users think of the JL parts. Let me know what you like, what you don't like, what you hope to see, etc!
          There are posts all over social media showing trail damage to the factory JL rear steel bumper. It flexes on the trail and damages the rear quarter panels if it takes a hit. That rear bumper would be my first upgrade to a JL.

My other thought relates to lift. I prefer to not run 37s on a daily driver. The lifts shown above appear to be 2.5" which look perfect for a 37. I think a smaller lift, even at a 1.5" height with higher weight capacity springs and heavy duty shocks which would retain the stock fender clearance but with a 35" tire would be ideal for an overland vehicle or daily driver loaded with gear.
          2012 JKUR 3.5 SC, F/R Bumpers, HRH, Savegres, KM2s

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing what AEV has in store for the JL, and I like how they are also looking at incorporating the JL line in with the JK through making things modular.
            Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
            4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Would like to see an AEV Hemi option with a 6spd manual transmission available again. I’m looking to replace my 2014 AEV in the foreseeable future and knowing a Hemi with a manual is in the works would keep me from rushing and getting something else...any word Chris on future drivetrain options from AEV for the JL?
              Last edited by wallet45; Today, 07:52 AM.

Comment

The vehicles looked great. Not my taste in bumpers but I can tell they have the AEV quality. I did like seeing that AEV will have JL specific backspaced wheel options. What I look forward to learning about is what AEV came up with for suspension, Procal and floor liners. My 2019 should hopefully arrive before Christmas and hope to give AEV some money.

Comment

Originally posted by wallet45 View Post

Would like to see an AEV Hemi option with a 6spd manual transmission available again. I’m looking to replace my 2014 AEV in the foreseeable future and knowing a Hemi with a manual are in the works would keep me from rushing and getting something else...any word Chris on future drivetrain options from AEV for the JL?
                  No plans right now. Jeep already has 2 available drivetrain options and will eventually have 2 more for the US market, a diesel and a hybrid option. Before it was an easy upsell when there was only one engine option from the factory. Having this many options, that means if we add 2 more, the take rate will likely be lower than before. With the introduction of the diesel, I am predicting that to be one of the biggest sellers for our customers or overall for the off-roading market.
                  Chris Holt
                  Marketing Associate, AEV
                  248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Can't wait for the AEV JLs to come to market!

Comment

No plans right now. Jeep already has 2 available drivetrain options and will eventually have 2 more for the US market, a diesel and a hybrid option. Before it was an easy upsell when there was only one engine option from the factory. Having this many options, that means if we add 2 more, the take rate will likely be lower than before. With the introduction of the diesel, I am predicting that to be one of the biggest sellers for our customers or overall for the off-roading market.
                      I am waiting for the additional power options (diesel), and the truck that is being announced. Once those to items come out then I will be ready.
                      Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                      4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

That makes some sense, but you should keep in mind the only option for the manual transmission in the JL, despite the multiple drivetrains, will be the old Pentastar V6. There are no plans to offer a manual transmission with any of the upcoming engine choices. Could be some pent-up demand for those of us who like to keep our jeeps manual and wish for something else besides the Pentastar.

Comment

Originally posted by wallet45 View Post

That makes some sense, but you should keep in mind the only option for the manual transmission in the JL, despite the multiple drivetrains, will be the old Pentastar V6. There are no plans to offer a manual transmission with any of the upcoming engine choices. Could be some pent-up demand for those of us who like to keep our jeeps manual and wish for something else besides the Pentastar.
                          I've been wondering about a 6 speed manual behind the diesel. Is there anything in Dodge's lineup that can handle the 420ft. lbs. of torque of the new 3.0 ecodiesel?

-Dan
                          Africa circumnavigation in a Jeep Wrangler @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina in a TJ)
                          --
                          Follow: Facebook / YouTube
                          --
                          WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Comment

I’m not aware of any manual transmission that is programmed to be matched with the diesel. Now that could change over the next couple of years, but with the decrease in take rates for manuals, I don’t see FCA changing their mind only offering an automatic with the diesel any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X