Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from AEV - Pintler Wheel for JL Wrangler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New from AEV - Pintler Wheel for JL Wrangler

    Now Available - Pintler Wheel for JL Wrangler

    AEV designed this wheel specifically for the JL Wrangler because despite sharing the same DNA as the JK Wrangler, many aspects of the latest generation Wrangler are quite different, so simply re-purposing a JK wheel was not the best solution. The JL Pintler’s unique offset of +25mm, works perfectly with the various OE fender flare variants and provides the optimal balance of tire clearance, scrub radius and handling. Additionally, this wheel features a larger center cap bore (62.77mm) for compatibility with the JL Wrangler’s OE backup camera and resized pockets for the larger factory lug nuts. Available in either an Onyx or paintable Matte Black finish.

    The JL Pintler combines timeless styling with the innovative features and off-road strength that you’ve come to expect from AEV. However, this is not just another one-size-fits-all aftermarket Jeep wheel. AEV designed this wheel specifically for the JL Wrangler because despite sharing the same DNA as the JK Wrangler, many aspects of the latest generation…
    Chris Holt
    Marketing Associate, AEV
    248-926-0256 x272
    cholt@aev-conversions.com

  • #2
    How about a JL Beadlock wheel
    1986 CJ7 TDI
    2008 JK AEV Rubicon - 5.7L
    2012 JKU Rubicon

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MarkLC View Post
      How about a JL Beadlock wheel
      We had the JL Borah at SEMA. It should be the next JL specific wheel we get in stock within the next month or 2.
      Chris Holt
      Marketing Associate, AEV
      248-926-0256 x272
      cholt@aev-conversions.com

      Comment


      • #4
        I’ve run Pinter on two different Jeeps. Been patiently waiting for AEV wheels for my 2019 JLUR that i’ll Be building to start in December. So glad to see the first wheels with proper backspacing for a JL and of course the classic style.

        BUT, not happy about the big price increase and disappointed that AEV didn’t address the sticky weight clearance issue with big brakes, especially considering Jeep is sending Rubicons out the factory with larger brakes. Why AEV?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TxJeepers View Post
          I’ve run Pinter on two different Jeeps. Been patiently waiting for AEV wheels for my 2019 JLUR that i’ll Be building to start in December. So glad to see the first wheels with proper backspacing for a JL and of course the classic style.

          BUT, not happy about the big price increase and disappointed that AEV didn’t address the sticky weight clearance issue with big brakes, especially considering Jeep is sending Rubicons out the factory with larger brakes. Why AEV?
          We did have to make a slight increase in price, not a big price increase by any means. We had to do this because of the new tariffs on imported metals and we are not happy about it either but it is out of our control.

          We don't have any issues with our JLs wheel balance and weight placement while using 0.25oz weights. This is not an issue because of the time we spent reworking the offset and backspacing on the wheels.
          Last edited by AEV Chris; 11-30-2018, 01:08 PM.
          Chris Holt
          Marketing Associate, AEV
          248-926-0256 x272
          cholt@aev-conversions.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post

            We did have to make a slight increase in price, not a big price increase by any means. We had to do this because of the new tariffs on imported metals and we are not happy about it either but it is out of our control.

            We don't have any issues with our JLs wheel balance and weight placement. This is not an issue because of the time we spent reworking the offset and backspacing on the wheels.

            Well it is $125 per set so while might not be a lot to AEV employees or many of AEV customers it is a lot to some of us working class stiffs, especially since there are other rims out there that are less to begin with. I have had a set of pintlers , saltas and my latest is savgres which I got in August, but my next set will be something else.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jeffd View Post


              Well it is $125 per set so while might not be a lot to AEV employees or many of AEV customers it is a lot to some of us working class stiffs, especially since there are other rims out there that are less to begin with. I have had a set of pintlers , saltas and my latest is savgres which I got in August, but my next set will be something else.
              Let your federal representatives know how you feel since that is where the cost is coming from. A 10% tariff on the product means you will pay 10% more for the wheels.

              The other products are made in the USA with American steel, however with the tariffs there is likely more demand and higher prices coming there too.
              Jon

              2008 Rubicon Unlimited
              4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post

                We did have to make a slight increase in price, not a big price increase by any means. We had to do this because of the new tariffs on imported metals and we are not happy about it either but it is out of our control.

                We don't have any issues with our JLs wheel balance and weight placement while using 0.25oz weights. This is not an issue because of the time we spent reworking the offset and backspacing on the wheels.
                On the product page in red, "WHEEL WEIGHT CLEARANCE: Due to the design of the wheel barrel/drop well on the Pintler combined with our high offset and the JL’s large brakes, clearance for stick-on weights inside the wheel is VERY tight. Standard thin .25oz stick-on weights clear the brake package. Larger .5oz and 1oz weights do not."

                Every time I have DT balance and rotate, we have to deal with this. Its an annoyance. Have to remember to make sure the tech clears the brake calipers with sticky weights.
                Last edited by AEV Chris; 11-30-2018, 01:10 PM. Reason: Edited wrong post by mistake.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Would there be any problems putting JL wheels on a JK?
                  1986 CJ7 TDI
                  2008 JK AEV Rubicon - 5.7L
                  2012 JKU Rubicon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MarkLC View Post
                    Would there be any problems putting JL wheels on a JK?
                    are you talking about AEV jl rims on jk's? if that is what you are talking about sure you could do it but the backspacing is not going to be much different than stock jk rims so not sure why anyone would do that.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X